Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

err posted:

Can I still buy a steam link from somewhere?

They're still kicking around on eBay but the hardware is limited to 1080p 60fps, old WiFi standards and no HDR/VRR so you probably should get something more modern that can run Steam Link or Moonlight

If you have a Android/Apple TV or some smart TVs you can just install Link or Moonlight as an app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

repiv posted:

If you have a Android/Apple TV or some smart TVs you can just install Link or Moonlight as an app

Oh wow I didn't know about that. I will look into it. Thanks

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Sab669 posted:

And I like that it leans a little bit into the ARPG side of things with boss monsters and Shrines to gain buffs. On a related note, acronyms are dumb but "Survivors-like" is a mouthful so I nominate these games be called AARPG or Automated Action RPG :v:

I felt the suggestions in the Vampire Surivors thread were not inclusive enough and coined the name Vampire Horde Action Garlic-like Auto Shooter Survivors.

I don't care that it is a mouthful :shepface:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
When creating new genres people make the mistake of thinking the genres need to be at all descriptive when most genre names are vague as gently caress.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/best-of-stealth-encore-bundle?partner=nintendeal

Best of Stealth is back at humblebundle. Includes Hitman 2016 and its sequel.

$12

https://www.humblebundle.com/warhammer-40000-wrath-glory-cubicle-7-books?partner=nintendeal

Warhammer 40,000 bundle is new.
$1 for 4 items
$10 for 11 items
$18 for everything

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-holiday-bundle-2022
Holiday bundle 2022 on fanatical
3 for $4.99/5 for $7.99/7 for $9.99

Deliver us the moon
For the king
Overloop
My time at Portia
Virtaverse
A musical story
Moonlighter
This war of mine
Yooka-Laylee
Cook serve delicious 3
Main Assembly

Spend $12 or more and get a choice of free game or a coupon:
Nobodies
Survivalst:invisible strain
Monsters den Godfall
My lovely daughter
$1 coupon
~Mystery~ game

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Flair posted:

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/best-of-stealth-encore-bundle

Besides Hitman, we got some interesting goodies including Echo, Heat Signature, and Aragami.

Heat Signature is fun. Juggle wrenches and punt people into the void of space.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Waffle! posted:

Heat Signature is fun. Juggle wrenches and punt people into the void of space.

Heat Signature is cool as poo poo and I love it

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Heat Signature is super fun. It's not a game I ever play obsessively, but it's great to go back to it every now and then, grab a new character, and see what crazy stuff you can pull with the gear you get dealt. It feels fresh every time.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Splatter just came out and holy loving :catdrugs: the demo made me feel like I was going to start bleeding bright neon from every orifice. If you have epilepsy you might want to avoid it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idx9LYGYZQA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVPaU77QXGc

I kind of love it though? I'm just not sure if I'm going to start having a friggin seizure or not while playing. :ohdear:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Heat Signature is loving amazing. I played through it like half a dozen times already.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I wishlisted Days Gone back when it came out because it seemed cool. Now it's on steep discount - how has it held up?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sloppy posted:

I wishlisted Days Gone back when it came out because it seemed cool. Now it's on steep discount - how has it held up?

It's a very passable game. It's good enough.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Azran posted:

When creating new genres people make the mistake of thinking the genres need to be at all descriptive when most genre names are vague as gently caress.

The fact that we call things beat-em ups and FPS instead biffos and muzzle-blasters is why games can never truly be Art

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Sloppy posted:

The director blamed woke reviewers for holding it back from the acclaim and sales it apparently deserved: https://www.eurogamer.net/days-gone-wasnt-a-hit-because-reviewers-were-too-woke-director-claims

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

FishMcCool posted:

The director blamed woke reviewers for holding it back from the acclaim and sales it apparently deserved: https://www.eurogamer.net/days-gone-wasnt-a-hit-because-reviewers-were-too-woke-director-claims

Oh goddamit, I just bought it too. Let's see how I feel at hours.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Days Gone the actual game isn't exactly "anti-woke." I wouldn't take some dingus manager's opinion too seriously.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

FishMcCool posted:

It's just one insane person and people pointed out the game is pretty woke by most standards itself.

The argument is that it failed because gamers only want a woke lead, a queer female POC or something. Meanwhile God of War sold a shitton of copies and won tons of critical praise.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Days Gone is "anti woke" because when I play it, I fall asleep!!!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The game is fun enough if you want an ubisoft type zombie apocalypse game. The hordes are neat. Theres also a mod that increases the size of the hordes if you're into that. The characters call the zombies FREAKERS which made me laugh every time

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Deacon and Boozer are the least racist/homophobic bikers in existence. You ever meet a biker?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Disposable Scud posted:

Deacon and Boozer are the least racist/homophobic bikers in existence. You ever meet a biker?

excuse me, his name is "boozeman"

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

There's a part in Days Gone when the main character says "I'm not racist, I have a black friend"

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I see your point in that post Mescal

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

pentyne posted:

The argument is that it failed because gamers only want a woke lead, a queer female POC or something. Meanwhile God of War sold a shitton of copies and won tons of critical praise.

Definitive proof that Kratos is gay (Gaytos).

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Sloppy posted:

It's got fun horde encounters when you're actually able to deal with them and the game never really felt unfair even on the "gently caress you" difficulty.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

tater_salad posted:

I see your point in that post Mescal

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

RBA Starblade posted:

Well I beat the Titan Quest Immortal Throne expansion. It wasn't very good lol, just a slog. The added content to the rest of the game was good though and Act 3 was a fine stopping point. Hades was trivial (the pets stopped him from using his "I instantly win" attack I guess) but there was one random giant boss in Hades' Palace that was just invincible and one-shot everything I had so I had to just haul rear end to the end to not get owned by it. Apparently it's just mostly invulnerable to my entire build lol

Visually it’s a treat.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

exquisite tea posted:

Anyone else looking forward to Blacktail: A Witch's Fate coming out today? Don't know a whole lot about it but it seems like my kinda thing. ACG guy seemed to like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzAEGXZmcSQ

It's p cool. Nothing super special but nice setting and the folklore which is central to the game is well done.

Shame it came out right with high on life which I like a lot better so far

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rinkles posted:

Visually it’s a treat.

That's true, the game still looks very nice

I'm not usually one for Diablo likes but this one scratched an itch Torchlight failed to ages ago, it's just that the expansion went a little too hard. If I could've just done hard immediately after winning the base game and looping maybe it would've helped? Idk

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Dec 16, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I didn't know Crisis Core remake was coming to the PC. Is it a full game like FF7r? I never played the original.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I don't know about the remake (yet, I'll probably buy it) but Crisis Core is definitely a full game. In terms of gameplay it's somewhere between ff13, ff7 and ff8. It's a pretty fun game IMO, I've 100% it when it came out which took like 100 hours or so.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Has a game ever been made where it deletes itself after you die, making it unplayable?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

err posted:

Has a game ever been made where it deletes itself after you die, making it unplayable?

There was Lose/Lose which was a space invader thing, but every alien you killed resulted in a deleted file from your computer at random. And if you lose the game it'll delete itself. And there's that urban legend about Killswitch.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Sloppy posted:

I played it on the hardest difficulty and really enjoyed it. May be my favorite PS4 exclusive. It captures the feeling of binging a TV show that starts out really stupid that you hate watch in the first season but finds it’s footing in the second season and transcends in the third season, and you’re beating your chest saying “HELL YEAH” at the end of the third season arc, and then the show gets canceled but not before it does a teaser so dumb that you’re fist pumping at the show runner’s audacity.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Saoshyant posted:

You found them as retail discs sold in some preowned market or...?

At a thrift store, so second hand.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

err posted:

Not really the exact thing, but Google has an ongoing programming competition/recruitment tool where the invite criteria are completely obscure (seems to be how much you search for coding questions), and you have to solve problems within a certain time limit.

If you fail, you’re out. No way to get back in, your login is disabled. That maybe counts?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Sloppy posted:

Oh goddamit, I just bought it too. Let's see how I feel at hours.

The guy doesn't work at the studio anymore and is making a loving NFT game now, so who gives a gently caress about him. He's not getting any money from you buying the game.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

err posted:

I... remember there being some extremely experimental game with a central online server that did basically this. When you die, your account is permabanned or something like that. I think I only ever heard about it because of the news that the central servers were shutting down, and that was something like four years ago. Would that I had a name to put to it, but it wasn't exactly something I paid close attention to or ever tried myself.

Ugh, that price is low enough that I'm actually starting to be tempted to give Hitman a shot. Great game or no, that sort of online requirement for a single-player game gets my bile goin'.

Also if anyone gets Heat Signature for the first time through this bundle I'd be interested to hear if it shows up in your Humble DRM-free library. It's one of the few games on their storefront that still offers that if you buy through them, but they don't seem to be advertising that for the bundle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

quote:

I... remember there being some extremely experimental game with a central online server that did basically this. When you die, your account is permabanned or something like that. I think I only ever heard about it because of the news that the central servers were shutting down, and that was something like four years ago. Would that I had a name to put to it, but it wasn't exactly something I paid close attention to or ever tried myself

Majestic?