Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

ninjahedgehog posted:

or a Force-user that uses a gun in their offhand

agreed, give me that kyle katarn poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

ninjahedgehog posted:

a Force-user that uses a gun in their offhand

I'd spend cc for this, or stab someone, whatevs its cool, just gimme.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

wazu posted:

For Sith/Jedi - I'm assuming you mean that once they get max dark/light, they can select a second class for that character, correct? Because they can't actually replace their original chosen class.

I thought they just swapped animations, because those are literally the only difference between the light and dark specs.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

:toot:

https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/1600611536178913289?cxt=HHwWkoCx1cbtwbYsAAAA

And for a full write-up of what 7.2 will bring:

https://twitter.com/swtorista/status/1600618869676089346

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
For people that like grinding despite doing no difficult content, you'll be happy to learn that max gear score for Conquest/Flashpoints/Ops gear is going up so you can be BiS when you do your CZ-198 dailies.

I say this as someone that has yet to even think of touching the new raid and barely plays

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

More info on the PvP revamp that's coming next week

Queues are gonna run red with blood with 8 man premades heh

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Update 7.2 is up! Highlights from the patch notes:

quote:

Story Update - "Showdown on Ruhnuk" - In this new story update, Shae Vizla’s pursuit of Heta Kol and her faction of Mandalorians brings players to Heta’s main base of operations on Ruhnuk.

New planet - Ruhnuk - This new dry, arid, and plateau-based planet was originally inhabited due to the resources that could be mine. This planet is hidden from everyone thanks to its very unique nebula that causes ships to crash as it enters the atmosphere.

Ruhnuk Daily Area - Explore Ruhnuk in our new Daily Area! Alongside Lane Vizla and Kur Ha’rangir, expand your faction’s influence with all new weekly and daily Missions, Achievements, and Reputation Track, including new rewards and titles.

User Interface Enhancements - Alongside the new content described above, we’re also bringing updates to the UI such as visual updates to the Welcome Window, more customization for the utility bar, a Colorblind Mode UI, a new Deconstruct and Delete window, and Map System Revamp.

Gearing changes - We’re also adding new Item Ceilings and new Item Floors. Details in this forum post: Gear and progression changes coming with 7.2 (only available in English).

PvP Revamp - 7.2 brings changes to PvP Mode! There is no longer any distinction between Unranked and Ranked PvP. Players will now queue solo or as a group in 4v4 or 8v8 matches. Our first PvP Season is starting now with a new PvP Map, “Onderon Palatial Ruins”! Jump into the game to complete PvP content and earn PvP points from our new PvP Reward Track! Learn more about PvP Revamp in this article.
Also, Life Day Celebration returns until January 10th, the screenshot competition's over and you can collect the new decorations from the Anniversary Vendor (which now also carries the 11th Anniversary Fireworks), and there will be double XP from December 20-27.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I played through the new story content.

Overall feeling, ho hum. The plot's moving again and the devs remembered that the PC is a character this time. It's mostly Mandalorians doing Mandalorian things, and that will tell you how much you'll enjoy this one.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

It's nice when devs get to feature their kid's art in the game.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Ossipago posted:

It's nice when devs get to feature their kid's art in the game.

This is fair. What in the world is going on in this pic?! Does Shae now lightsaber fight but use a dagger instead? And her arch nemesis uses some kind of polearm thing? And this is the fight of the century that my sith follows Shae around to see to it's fruition? Still, I appreciate they are putting effort and content into the game. I'd be playing it either way.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
lmao this new medal system for PvP is scuffed...did 11,000,000 damage, 4,000,000 healing done, and planted 3 doors in a Voidstar win to end up with 3 medals.

In a Hypergate loss I just stayed stealth in mid grabbing orbs but not running them and tossing Corrosive Grenade in between rounds...ended with 11 medals.

No mention in patch notes so I'm assuming bugged.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Hi thread! I'm finally, finally getting back into this game because I finally, finally found a solution for my "mouse speed is too fast" issue. I last played at launch, 3000 years ago, so I'm basically a newbie again.

A question. In other MMOs I tend to enjoy classes that have the following attributes:

Must haves
- High mobility
- High melee DPS
- Lots of survivability tools
- Not awful in PvP

Nice to haves
- Buffs I can cast on others w/o being in a group
- Good to great AoE abilities

Basically, I'm looking for a WoW druid. I like being self-sufficient because I have limited playtime and I end up spending a lot of time doing solo content. With a druid in WoW I liked how I could often solo group quests due to having a varied kit that offered high survivability. At the same time, I don't really want to sacrifice DPS or mobility because I get bored easily and like to blitz around the map at mach 10 wrecking stuff.

What class/adv class might scratch this itch? I rolled a Sentinel last night, but I'm not sure if there's a better match out there. Any tips? Thanks in advance!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

kedo posted:

Hi thread! I'm finally, finally getting back into this game because I finally, finally found a solution for my "mouse speed is too fast" issue. I last played at launch, 3000 years ago, so I'm basically a newbie again.

A question. In other MMOs I tend to enjoy classes that have the following attributes:

Must haves
- High mobility
- High melee DPS
- Not awful in PvP

Nice to haves

Basically, I'm looking for a WoW druid. I like being self-sufficient because I have limited playtime and I end up spending a lot of time doing solo content. With a druid in WoW I liked how I could often solo group quests due to having a varied kit that offered high survivability. At the same time, I don't really want to sacrifice DPS or mobility because I get bored easily and like to blitz around the map at mach 10 wrecking stuff.

What class/adv class might scratch this itch? I rolled a Sentinel last night, but I'm not sure if there's a better match out there. Any tips? Thanks in advance!

Sentinel/Marauder is what I'd probably recommend. You're not going to really see buffs you can cast on other people, that isn't really a thing in SWTOR anymore (you used to have class buffs you cast, but that's just a passive now).

Watchman Sentinel is high DPS and has great group utility - a raid 5% damage buff, along with a burst of regen healing for the entire group once every 30s or so.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

kedo posted:

Must haves
- High mobility
- High melee DPS
- Not awful in PvP

Nice to haves

I'd recommend Operative/Scoundrel with the poison spec. Very mobile, great melee damage and aoe, and surprisingly survivable with their stealth abilities.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Nice, I'll give those both a shot. Thanks!

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

It should be noted that "self-sufficiency" in SWTOR, especially these days, is basically a given. The game has always been quite heavily geared toward solo play and for a long time now it's been possible to assign any role to any companion, so each of them can heal. Solo content is not a problem for any class (or combat style rather, under the current nomenclature).

That being said, I'd second Operative/Scoundrel if only because their stealth abilities will enable you to solo Flashpoints more easily and of course it's quite helpful in PvP to sneak around unseen.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

New blaster pistol looks awesome, it has a rad sound effect and a little cartridge is ejected after each skill use

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

New blaster pistol looks awesome, it has a rad sound effect and a little cartridge is ejected after each skill use

What is this magical item called?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

wazu posted:

What is this magical item called?

Pistol is called Provenance, rifle version is called Causality

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

CLAM DOWN posted:

CLAM DOWN posted:

Pistol is called Provenance, rifle version is called Causality

Hopefully you mean "new to you" since both those are a few years old. :D

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Medullah posted:

Hopefully you mean "new to you" since both those are a few years old. :D

haha I definitely meant new to me. They're really cool skins!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFnhp6qwnfE

Did you guys know if you drop the Galactic Party Bomb down before a cutscene starts it stays in the cutscene? Can lead to some hilarious dark comedy

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

haha I definitely meant new to me. They're really cool skins!
They are, although the Provenance's sound effect is somewhat unpleasant in my opinion.

Anyway! What with most people probably having some more time to play during the holidays and the Collections sale going on, there are only two things I want to talk about :

• Ruhnuk looking fantastic, having a maze-like design that's actually cool and offering optional puzzle/secrets quests I want to see more often.
  • New outfits, outfit names and customised companions. Show off whatever you got from a Cartel Pack, bought off the GTN, acquired from a vendor, crafted yourself, found in-game or which otherwise came into your possession and is now foisted upon one of your characters. If you've come up with a good name for an outfit, post it. Doesn't have to be recent as long as you think it's rad and/or funny. I'll start because I'm just looking for an excuse to post screenshots here.

I've already posted my Pubbin' Time outfit before, but here it is again because I think having Vette wear the same thing except in white simply looks cool.

Quite pleased with the Food Ninja and I also managed to find Qyzen a suit that really works for him I think.

Time to Wrap It Up if you get what I mean haha anyhoo these sabers are pretty flash and although it's old and not even from the CM, I think the Remnant Underworld Trooper armour that I put on Lieutenant Pierce is one of the best-looking sets for Troopers or Mercs in the game.

Just created a brand new character for this getup. Meet Identity-crisis, a Jedi Knight whose primary combat style is Sith Assassin and who dresses like a Mandalorian. The outfit is of course named The Crisis. No customised companion here because I couldn't be bothered to do anything yet.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Is that the staff that's currently on the CM flash sale today? Because god drat that looks cool

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Yeah, it's Senya's Lightsaber Pike. However, I should mention that the default colour crystal is blue and that it doesn't come with the fiery lightning effect shown here (that would be the Executioner Lightning Weapon tuning).

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sombrerotron posted:

Yeah, it's Senya's Lightsaber Pike. However, I should mention that the default colour crystal is blue and that it doesn't come with the fiery lightning effect shown here (that would be the Executioner Lightning Weapon tuning).

Sold.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
SWTOR's moving to a 64-bit client.

Edit: The game servers will also be moving onto Amazon Web Services.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 5, 2023

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Please, I'll only use at most maybe seven of the extra bits. The rest will be wasted.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

OhFunny posted:

Maybe my ping will be under 280 then lol

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

OhFunny posted:

SWTOR's moving to a 64-bit client.

Now can they please fix the horrible jerky too-fast mouse movement

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Now can they please fix the horrible jerky too-fast mouse movement

This fixed it for me: https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/s3yvmm/swtor_high_mouse_sensitivity_fix_in_2022/ The mouse speed was the main thing preventing me from playing this game for like, five years.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

kedo posted:

This fixed it for me: https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/s3yvmm/swtor_high_mouse_sensitivity_fix_in_2022/ The mouse speed was the main thing preventing me from playing this game for like, five years.

I'll try that again but it hasn't worked in the past :( I really enjoy SWTOR so I've sucked it up and just lived with it, but the jerky camera rotation drives me mad. And occasionally it just snaps to a new spot. No other game I've played has ever done this.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

So with the new classless system can I finally actually use my Lightsaber as a Jedi Sage?

I love my Cathar Jedi Consular but man would I love to have some Jedi guardian lightsaber moves so I can throw huge rocks and then hack away in style.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

TulliusCicero posted:

So with the new classless system can I finally actually use my Lightsaber as a Jedi Sage?

I love my Cathar Jedi Consular but man would I love to have some Jedi guardian lightsaber moves so I can throw huge rocks and then hack away in style.

A sage is still a sage. You can choose the Guardian combat style with the Consular story, but your actual combat style isn't any different than it was before. You'd be able to throw rocks as a Sage, or use your lightsaber as a Guardian but no mixing and matching (balancing for that would be a nightmare in a MMORPG)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm back in randomly. I have played this game on and off again for the past 12 years and that feels nuts to me lol. I've def put more money into it than any other mmo. I don't think it's a great game but every once in a while it scratches a certain itch. I guess it's doing well and making money to still exist.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Shard posted:

I'm back in randomly. I have played this game on and off again for the past 12 years and that feels nuts to me lol. I've def put more money into it than any other mmo. I don't think it's a great game but every once in a while it scratches a certain itch. I guess it's doing well and making money to still exist.
The team, fairly early on, made the accurate assessment that people will be willing to pay a lot for cosmetic items. It's difficult to gauge how well it's doing exactly; its player base is kind of small I'd say, but they're still producing new content - and actually putting effort into it - and are currently testing a new 64-bit client as noted above, so my impression is that it's stable and profitable enough at least for them to continue pumping some actual money into it.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

This game definitely scratches an itch for me that no other MMO really seems to. I really enjoy it. I really like laser blasting luke skywalker motherfuckers while dressed as a stormtrooper. It rules.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I just started playing a few weeks ago and I am loving it so far, I'm a big ole Star wars nerd though so that helps I'm sure.

I was about to resub to WOW but came across it in steam and man am I glad for that.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I just started a new character. I love to play darkside jedi knight and light side sith warrior. It just tickles me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Well now I know what I'm doing with my next character