Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
left a spliff lit and accidentally burned down Cat Condotm [no cats harmed]

Empty Sandwich has a new favorite as of 20:48 on Dec 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I killed a man for five grams of krokodil

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
was the man you?

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

I mean, on a long enough timeline, yeah....

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

freeedr posted:

I killed a man for with five grams of krokodil

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I like how someone asking if eyeballing meant to use acetone + phenazapam as an eyedrop and being met with a wall of "OH GOD NO! you loving moron" has morphed into injecting a drug directly into their eyeballs.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

jetz0r posted:

I like how someone asking if eyeballing meant to use acetone + phenazapam as an eyedrop and being met with a wall of "OH GOD NO! you loving moron" has morphed into injecting a drug directly into their eyeballs.

The goon propensity for affected detachment and glib hyperbole does wild stuff to cultural memory.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The goon propensity for affected detachment and glib hyperbole does wild stuff to cultural memory.

Grover's wife on benzos, literal buckets of bacon grease.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Dareon posted:

Grover's wife on benzos, literal buckets of bacon grease.

I thought the joke was he was feeding her uppers so she’d do more construction work

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Yeah. Did I get the drug wrong? I do basically none, so that's not surprising.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I distinctly remember seeing pictures of buckets of bacon grease, so if that was all goon hyperbole, uh, maybe that's a me problem.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I distinctly remember seeing pictures of buckets of bacon grease, so if that was all goon hyperbole, uh, maybe that's a me problem.
Turn... Turn on...

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Dareon posted:

You should try more construction work, it's relaxing

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Splicer posted:

Turn... Turn on...

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Oh. Right. :smith:

well that's still better than finding out i have a predisposition towards prodomal schizophrenia. peace

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Dareon posted:

Yeah benzos are the “wake up to find it’s three days later, you have a voicemail from your boss saying you’re fired, and you apparently bought a grand piano” drug*, not the construction drug.

*also many legitimate therapeutic uses

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Dareon posted:

I like the implication that you have to do drugs to know that Xanax doesn't give you more energy. :v:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Pirate Radar posted:

Yeah benzos are the “wake up to find it’s three days later, you have a voicemail from your boss saying you’re fired, and you apparently bought a grand piano” drug*, not the construction drug.

If you think the 3 day mystery bender isn't therapeutic I dunno what to tell you

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Pirate Radar posted:

That specific story was from taking THE DA JOOSE aka phenazepam, one of the coolest benzos.

Bear Enthusiast has a new favorite as of 18:52 on Dec 15, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Bear Enthusiast posted:

That specific story was from taking THE JOOSE aka phenazepam, one of the coolest benzos.

'da joose', no?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

My favorite, even tho its not a tcc story, is still the "like the ocarina of time but it takes you to the ER" one

I think its from erowid?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Ainsley McTree posted:

someone should find a way to turn an NFT into a bomb and then maybe we can get rid of them forever finally

Ok Comboomer posted:

that Law&Order episode would be crazy

Ok Comboomer posted:

Ice T: "They used a computer to email a bomb into his wallet. Blew up his dick and balls. The kids are calling it 'NFTs".

silvergoose posted:

No fuckin testicles

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

RFC2324 posted:

My favorite, even tho its not a tcc story, is still the "like the ocarina of time but it takes you to the ER" one

I think its from erowid?

theflyingorc posted:

sadly, that's not from SA. :(

quote:

Hospitalised me 3 times, this one is potent chaps, don't listen to them stupid people talking about eye balling. As for effects i have no idea lol it's like the ocarina from zelda and it teleports you to hospital.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-735246.html

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Rust Martialis posted:

'da joose', no?

Post updated for accuracy

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Bear Enthusiast posted:

That specific story was from taking THE JOOSE aka phenazepam, one of the coolest benzos.

My friend has a small art book publishing project and I wanted to make a small run of the crazy joose ambulance story but then I noticed in the text it specifically says they don’t want it reproduced, as I recall. :smith:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Damnit, I was thinking it might be bluelight, but wasn't sure I remembered the site name right.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Now as I recall da joose is actually amazing at its real, intended use, which is treating hardcore alcoholism. I guess DTs aren’t that bad if you can’t remember having them.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Pirate Radar posted:

Now as I recall da joose is actually amazing at its real, intended use, which is treating hardcore alcoholism. I guess DTs aren’t that bad if you can’t remember having them.

Benzos and alcohol can treat each other's withdrawal. You wouldn't get DT.

I think the idea is you can give a measured dose of long half life benzos to keep the wolves at bay for a day, rather than doling shots every four hours or whatever.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
That’s what it is then, thanks for the correction. I remembered they apparently used it at Russian rehab clinics.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Benzos and alcohol can treat each other's withdrawal. You wouldn't get DT.

I think the idea is you can give a measured dose of long half life benzos to keep the wolves at bay for a day, rather than doling shots every four hours or whatever.

that said, its 100% a thing to have prescribed alcohol for old alcoholics in nursing homes, etc.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Pirate Radar posted:

Da joose was a cheap, potent russian benzo with a long half life (like 50 hours), slow come up, and a tiny range for recreational doses. To translate that, you could buy 500mg of it for like $80, and 1-3mg would keep you at 'feeling good and a bit tipsy' for a weekend. While 5mg+ would put you into a multiday blackout. There's literally no way to tell the difference between those doses by just looking at the powder (eyeballing), because they're both just tiny white specks. And since it took like 4 hours to feel the effects, people would think it wasn't working and dose two or three times before the first dose started to kick in.

It was an absolutely amazing drug for producing content.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Walgreens prescribed/sold medicinal whiskey during Prohibition.

20 locations to 500+ in 13 years

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Medicinal whiskey, medicinal weed, and medicinal hookers.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

jetz0r posted:

Da joose was a cheap, potent russian benzo with a long half life (like 50 hours), slow come up, and a tiny range for recreational doses. To translate that, you could buy 500mg of it for like $80, and 1-3mg would keep you at 'feeling good and a bit tipsy' for a weekend. While 5mg+ would put you into a multiday blackout. There's literally no way to tell the difference between those doses by just looking at the powder (eyeballing), because they're both just tiny white specks. And since it took like 4 hours to feel the effects, people would think it wasn't working and dose two or three times before the first dose started to kick in.

It was an absolutely amazing drug for producing content.
IIRC the "recommended" method of preparing joose was to dilute it in large quantities because it was harder to gently caress up putting 30 grams in 10 litres of water than 3 grams in 1.

Of course this now meant you had enough joose prepared to black out for two weeks straight if you kept drinking it in your joose induced fugue state but what are the odds of that?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Splicer posted:

IIRC the "recommended" method of preparing joose was to dilute it in large quantities because it was harder to gently caress up putting 30 grams in 10 litres of water than 3 grams in 1.

Of course this now meant you had enough joose prepared to black out for two weeks straight if you kept drinking it in your joose induced fugue state but what are the odds of that?

Not like it being a powder stopped them from redosing

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Steezo posted:

Best thing about the ham slice was you could fold it over, gently caress it, and have a field expedient pussy.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Lmao, gip has some amazing content

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

RFC2324 posted:

Lmao, gip has some amazing content

Everybody should check out the GIP idiots in the military thread. It also includes an ex mod accidentally invading Syria

And also:

Zip posted:

I have a hundred of these but here are a couple of my favorites:

In basic training we had a guy named Jackson who talked baby talk. The best way I can describe his accent was he sounded like Elmer Fudd, "ok gwuis we ish gonna go do dis ting".
He managed to get a hold of bug spray one of the night in basic and I remember him soaking the burlap strips on his helmet the before we climbed into our Bivvys. I mean he was loving dousing that poo poo.
The next day we are standing in the hot sun on a range and he is giving the stink eye to this string hanging loose in his face away from the rest of his burlap. After a moment he pulls out a pack of mre matches and tries to burn away that string. A second later his whole loving helmet lights up with flames.

It's so hard to adequately describe how funny the next few seconds were. First he stared straight ahead with this dumb look on his face trying to figure out what had just happened. Then he starts running back and forth failing to get his helmet off, tugging at the chin strap screaming "MY BURWAP IS ON FIYAH! MY BURWAP IS ON FIYAH!" The drill sergeants all run over to him and right as they get there he manages to get his helmet off but as he threw it to the ground he kicks it, it rolls across the range and lights the field on fire. The drill sgts and the rest of us were all laughing to hard to put it out so when we all finally stopped hyperventilating we had to evacuate the range.

The second story is one of my favorites because the kid is a good friend and a good soldier but drat could he be dumb on some things. Edge came back on base one day bragging about how he had gotten a new truck. He said he walked into the dealership, told them what he wanted, got what he wanted and then walked out the same day. I said, let me see your paperwork... Followed by, "MOTHERFUCKER YOU BOUGHT A TRUCK WITH TWENTY SIX PERCENT INTEREST RATE??? we are taking this poo poo back right now".

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

EorayMel posted:

Everybody should check out the GIP idiots in the military thread. It also includes an ex mod accidentally invading Syria

And also:

26% interest? Is that the reason car dealerships are built so close to military bases?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zil posted:

26% interest? Is that the reason car dealerships are built so close to military bases?

Yes. Every military base is surrounded by predatory businesses that target dumb gently caress recruits.