Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Oof there’s still an hour and a half in this episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
To be fair to Susser, I don’t think he meant for this to be another extended serious dissection of the Wiger/Mitch dynamic; the Doughboys just have so much weird tension that they can’t put the cork back in once one of them starts opening up

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

I know they have money for couples counseling

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I love when they get into this stuff because it always ends up with Mitch complimenting Nick in extremely adorable ways.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
You guys act like you’ve never heard a Susser milkshake episode before!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
wow I can't believe Pizza Hut ran out of dough. stay strong Mitch

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
No, his mom just told him he couldn’t stay in her basement for a month over the holidays

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
My knowledge of the lord of this podcast is not very deep. How much of this is a bit

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Binowru posted:

e: jesus christ I hope they ban susser from the pod

Amen.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Forum Hussy posted:

My knowledge of the lord of this podcast is not very deep. How much of this is a bit
The arguments aren't insincere, but doing this every year with Susser before Christmas is just a tradition now. The "bit" is just that they're doing it in public, knowing none of them actually want to break the show up (which they used to always threaten to do in these episodes.)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Nick seems rough to work with but simple (if not easy) to manage if you just commit everything to writing/text so you can rules-lawyer him appropriately. Mitch seems like a nightmare though

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Susser is everything you could ask for in a recurring guest: he has absolutely zero energy or charisma, and he doesn't seem to enjoy the show or engaging with it in any way

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Wow. This Steak 'N' Shake ep started out really funny, but then became just an interminable argument. Thanks, Susser.

I stopped listening after he tried to riff about not being paid or something.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Susser gets a pass for creating Man Bites Dog

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Live At Five! posted:

Susser gets a pass for creating Man Bites Dog

yeah. this ep wasn't great but it was funny just how spun out Mitch still gets about Nick not wanting to fly to Florida at the drop of a hat. it's been seven years dog you're just now "trying to make things easier" wtf

Meatlong Football
Feb 11, 2008

They really should put suss' chompions cheque toward an annual afternoon of couples therapy. And if anyone listened to deli boys you know this awkwardness is susser's happy place. I was half expecting a game of 'guilt or gelt' after he stressed it was not about the money for the third time.

Looking forward to someone more skilled than me turning Mitch's plaintive 'MAKE ME APODACA' into a rock me Amadeus drop.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Susser is a treasure how dare you

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

JethroMcB posted:

Susser is everything you could ask for in a recurring guest: he has absolutely zero energy or charisma, and he doesn't seem to enjoy the show or engaging with it in any way

He also calls in from the ionosphere, so you get only the highest fidelity sound.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

His agent definitely didn’t call me and say quote the doughboys are officially an enemy of Rob Lowe unquote

RFX
Nov 23, 2007

Consummate Professional posted:

His agent definitely didn’t call me and say quote the doughboys are officially an enemy of Rob Lowe unquote

This stood out to me too. It is both so funny and completely insane.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Mitch just retweeted this, if you'd like a preview of what the 2023 Christmas argument episode ft. Commissioner Susser will be about.
https://twitter.com/CasaBonita/status/1606055826132647937

Consummate Professional posted:

Never thought I'd have anything to file in the mental rolodex of insane phrases next to "the enemies of Rutgers athletics," from a classic meltdown in SAS.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Never thought I'd have anything to file in the mental rolodex of insane phrases next to "the enemies of Rutgers athletics," from a classic meltdown in SAS.

god what a blast from the past. I forgot about that

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Nemo posted:

You guys act like you’ve never heard a Susser milkshake episode before!

I’m just now catching up to the pod but as someone who’s enjoyed Susser eps in the past I got to say it’s time to retire the airing of grievances bit. It sucks

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

OK so what's the video that is about Mitch's dick getting bitten by a dog

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

OK so what's the video that is about Mitch's dick getting bitten by a dog

It was a comedy sketch that they made together about it. It's not particularly good.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Nang Gang. A consistently good guest on shows. Got a real good dog, too.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Mitch had a normal sized dick before the dog bite.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the story of a woman bursting into tears and breaking it off with Mitch after a movie with no explanation is very, very funny

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

indigi posted:

the story of a woman bursting into tears and breaking it off with Mitch after a movie with no explanation is very, very funny

As 42 year old bachelor, it felt very familiar.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Sometimes when Rust and Cassady are on people accuse them of being "too silly" so I'm glad they listened to feedback and did something more grounded and normal

help I can't remember a time in my life when I wasn't listening to four idiots talk about the Jack in the Box mascot like he was a real guy

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

That was the silliest podcast episode I have ever listened to in my entire life

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

MokBa posted:

That was the silliest podcast episode I have ever listened to in my entire life

if this was your first doughboys episode and you only knew Mitch/Wiger/Paul/Mike from a guest appearance on a podcast you listen to I can't even imagine what you'd make of this

I absolutely loved it

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Two tacos for 99 cents? What's next, four tacos for $1.98?

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I had it on at work and at one point I was like “wait, this bit is just still going…. Wait this bit is the entire episode” and remembered who I was listening to

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008
When I got to the 70 minute mark and they were still talking about Jack Box's stand up career, and then wiger tried to steer into the tacos he got, but mitch steered back into Jack Box making a pot of pasta for young comedians at the comedy store, and there was ninety minutes left in the episode... I knew we were witnessing history.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Also very funny after Wiger having his huge “I don’t like to perform improv” discussion over christmas.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

personally just can't believe jack box made people piss in a litter box in front of him

hosed up

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Nick Wiger is still a drat funny writer, improver and performer, despite himself.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
I meant to try out this show for the first time on a drive today. Blanking on the name, I accidentally found a completely separate podcast that also had a thorough TGI Fridays meal review. (It's called Face Jam, I guess) What a magical world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I went to High School with a guy who's dad ran Jack in the Box. They had a guy at the graduation dressed as Jack, it was very unsettling.