Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Perhaps he has done the same sorcery as kissinger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I think I've watched one Polanski film, The Ghost Writer, a film about a guy writing Totally-Not-Tony-Blair-With-The-Serial-Numbers-Filed-Off, who is wanted by the ICC for war crimes.

I remember nothing else about it, I watched it because it seemed like the closest to seeing the real Tone face justice

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Testro posted:

I can't decide if it's the pipe entering the house
It probably is, mains water temperature usually follows 0.5-1m ground temperature throughout the year, as that's where the pipes are

I've seen a very similar curve from warm tap water during the second heatwave this past summer through to showers that need to be turned up full to even get warm during this second chill.

If it lagged by 6 months instead it'd be a lot more convenient for everyone.

Convex posted:

edit: jokes aside, it's the money
I guess that proves that if denying him that 0.03¢ from Netflix makes him choke on his bile half a second earlier then it was the right thing to do.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Echoing the chorus to all lurkers- just post. I lurked this thread for years barely posting at all, but ended up launching a thriving business through it pretty much out of the blue and received nothing but kind words and support (and not a single person has raised complaint about the amount of boiled sugar content we have these days).

Like a lot of us here, I’m autistic as all gently caress and thus kind of struggle to build connections but the community we have here has kept me going through some seriously rough times. And if a messed up ex-public schoolboy can be made to feel welcome, no reason anyone else shouldn’t be!

On another note, last week we passed the three year anniversary of my launching Fudjit here, and it’s gone from selling a couple of hundred quid’s worth of fudge to some brave souls here at the arse end of 2019 to a business that’s made multiple tens of thousands of pounds in the past calendar year, and provided employment to three other people aside from myself. It’d never have happened without you lovely folks.

And it’s great to be able to drop the phrase ‘I started with the support of a coterie of internet communists’ when being interviewed by the BBC. Lol.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Camrath posted:

And it’s great to be able to drop the phrase ‘I started with the support of a coterie of internet communists’ when being interviewed by the BBC. Lol.

:five:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
We lost heating for a while in I think 2018 when it snowed quite deeply and the pipes from outside froze nearly 1m up so there was no water getting to the boilers (mine and the flat above) and so they packed in.
The landlord came out with a small 'flame thrower' of some sort to thaw out the pipes outside.

Maybe you could get one of those tubular greenhouse things which are low wattage for your attic if they're frozen up there?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They should make boilers proper old fashioned so they explode if they run out of water. Like a sort of landlord natural selection.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lurkers shouldn't post imo. Leave it to the professional poo poo talkers.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lurkeres eunt domus

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Everyone should post. This thread is good-hearted and generous and kind. This is a thread of solidarity. We care about each other here. Just say stuff, it doesn't have to be very insightful or earth-shattering. Like, just talk, if you want.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Failed Imagineer posted:

Lurkeres eunt domus

posters delenda sunt

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
it's just bants innit

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I'm late but in the spirit of just post, have my cats.

Rocket. Desk cat. Trouble.

Malcolm. Still waiting for adoption. Sweetest little dude.

Penny. Rotheram tart. Squeaks like a Guinea pig. No touching allowed. Except when requesting. Loves captain hook.

Rysja. Grumpy Russian babushka, loves travel. Food. Has cancer. Cuddle bunny.

Benny. 3 legs. Demands smooches always. Trouble 2.0

Sneef. No brain, slow. Looks at you and you give him everything.

Captain hook. Forever attached to my wife. 3 legs. Nursed back to health from the size of a bean.

Best way to stay warm.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Such amazing cattes

I just popped back to post this:

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1603461917204701184

He must have some amazing dirt saved on a flash drive from his whip days

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
This fellow has had more jobs than I've had hot dinners and all in the space of two days.

https://twitter.com/localnotail/status/1603434516734935040

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Testro posted:

I tend to lurk and not post, but I am having a poo poo time at the moment and really need to vent.

I've got long covid (referred to long covid clinic today), Mum has just been diagnosed with cancer. Was staying with my parents for a few days - got home and my water pipes have frozen.

I nipped back and all was fine on Monday, but now due to the pipes freezing, I've no heating and no water. Of course, one of the downsides of long covid is really feeling the cold.

Just crap.

That sucks and I really hope things improve for you and your family.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Testro posted:

I tend to lurk and not post, but I am having a poo poo time at the moment and really need to vent.

I've got long covid (referred to long covid clinic today), Mum has just been diagnosed with cancer. Was staying with my parents for a few days - got home and my water pipes have frozen.

I nipped back and all was fine on Monday, but now due to the pipes freezing, I've no heating and no water. Of course, one of the downsides of long covid is really feeling the cold.

Just crap.

Nothing useful to say but sending you solidarity and love. Hope things improve for you soon 💙

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/johnpringdns/status/1603481624796094470

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hell yeah the lurkers have posted!

Of course that means you're posters now, it's your duty to keep posting :blastu:

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

The loving psychos.

My backup plan would be to warm myself near the funeral pyre of these ghouls. In Minecraft.

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

This fellow has had more jobs than I've had hot dinners and all in the space of two days.

I get that he's bullshitting anyway but as a teacher earning less than 1/3 of what he's pretending to be on (and wtf is overtime as a teacher, other than literally just the definition of the job?) it's hilarious that he is trying to spin some solidarity with teachers. As in, anyone who's earning that much is senior leadership and is officially The Enemy.

Oh, except he's not reaching out to teachers, he's reaching out to your average Daily Heil reader right? To whom teachers are one step above benefit scroungers anyway. I know these people because I've taught their children. Their children are great but they themselves are shits.

There you go, another lurker posted

jacksbrat
Oct 15, 2012

There's a bit of me that can't help but believe the 75k a year tweets are some sort of counter-op to make people feel like all opposition to the strikes is bot-driven or otherwise paid for. It's the stupidly inflated numbers and errors. £75k might fit a train driver salary, if not a nurse or teacher, but aren't they ASLEF, not RMT? It's also partly because of that "democratically elected government" line, which is a hilarious thing to say given the last 6 months.
I guess people are just memeing at this point.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

It's her 70th birthday, apparently.

https://twitter.com/WarmongerHodges/status/1603539974929924097?s=20&t=08vsgwWAMek7JZ5DuK-L0w

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Getting relieved of the burden of funding Labour is a nice birthday gift, lucky her

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

HopperUK posted:

Everyone should post. This thread is good-hearted and generous and kind. This is a thread of solidarity. We care about each other here. Just say stuff, it doesn't have to be very insightful or earth-shattering. Like, just talk, if you want.

(No Tories)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mfcrocker posted:

(No Tories)

What about Lib Dems? :thunkher:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Rarity posted:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Rarity posted:

(No Tories)

E: beaten by much better

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Camrath posted:

Pretty sure you tried your very first (marmite) fudge out on us when I was trying to start my D&D game (immediately before Events, oops, so that didn't work out). Glad to have been a part of your success ;)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Superb

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
^^^ :master:

Also, excellent cattes everyone. Tell them I said Pspspspspspspsps. They'll know what I mean.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Lurkeres eunt domus

Lurkeri ite domum :colbert:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Clarence posted:

Lurkeri ite domum :colbert:

I'm only disappointed you missed a set-up opportunity to use :hist101:

Mind you, these days John Cleese is more interested in making different groups of people go home. And had different opinions about cutting balls off.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Aside from everything else about it, "Cards on the table" is such an awkward, lovely way to start a tweet.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Cards on the table, I have a royal flush

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

cards on the table, I tap two swamps and play a drudge skeleton

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I pronounce Caesar as Kaisar thanks to Fallout New Vegas. Although it always struck me as strange that FNV people know the Latin pronunciation of Caesar but not who Elvis was.

Thanks for listening.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

OwlFancier posted:

Perhaps he has done the same sorcery as kissinger.
Kissinger's malevolent sorcery is so strong, it even removed his picture from the Trilateral Commission's website. Clearly there can only be one picture of him, and it's in his attic, looking very young and handsome in a reverse Dorian Grey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I pronounce Caesar as Kaisar thanks to Fallout New Vegas.
Wesuwius is ewupting UwU