Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Auras are fake and have nothing to do with electromagnetic energy :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I read trivia earlier this month for Ali Kallman Wegner, one of tonight's contestants. She's very good, watch out for her tonight.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
I swear, between the Museum clue kerfuffle and now the current champion, we have a bunch of thin skinned busybodies where I live.

https://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/jeopardy-sean-mcshane-long-island-l2semv1a

It's paywalled but the gist is someone was miffed about the interview segment putting down West Islip.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Island Nation posted:

I swear, between the Museum clue kerfuffle and now the current champion, we have a bunch of thin skinned busybodies where I live.

https://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/jeopardy-sean-mcshane-long-island-l2semv1a

It's paywalled but the gist is someone was miffed about the interview segment putting down West Islip.

Oh hey I'm from around there originally (Bayport is at the eastern fringe of Islip Township, my rear end in a top hat father was an ATC at MacArthur for decades).

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Island Nation posted:

West Islip
Home of pirates, drunks and whores
West Islip
Tacky, overpriced souvenir stores

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
A Long Islander who's a moron?? No...

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

zakharov posted:

A Long Islander who's a moron?? No...

Something about this made me flash back to the Bagel Boss rear end in a top hat :allears:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
lol at the crossword enthusiast not buzzing in even once during the eight-letter crossword answer category last night

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
Man, Ray's voice is super cool.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

FrumpleOrz posted:

Man, Ray's voice is super cool.

Ray is a super cool dude.

Source: I am on tomorrow's episode :ohdear:

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Poque posted:

Posthumous good luck!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
What exactly is Ray's accent?

Poque posted:

Hell yeah brother

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Ray seems like the nicest man in the world so I wouldn't mind if he makes a long run, but also good luck to goon

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Good luck goon!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Poque posted:

Retro good luck!!!

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Poque posted:

good luck !!

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I can't believe I saw the final jeopardy category tonight and actually guessed before the clue came up.

Sometimes I like to play jeopardy blind guesser on Twitter, with the fans.

And best of luck to friend of the TVIV, Poque!

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Good Luck Poque

Ray does have that type of voice that would work well for narration or voice acting. The amount of people discovered in those roles via game show has to be greater than zero I think.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

We can watch it on YouTube by like 1pm EST right?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Poque posted:

Good luck!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I hope my friend Poque mentions the internet games he plays during his interview segment.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

It'll probably be sports though.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"I work for the Cubs."

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 16, 2022

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Elizabeth is cool!

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Tough luck on the true daily doubles, Poque!

But I did laugh at the "is that your lucky number?" "Not anymore!" At the end.

It's a tough game, and you did very well!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I had an amazing time. They both destroyed me on the buzzer lol

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Poque posted:

I had an amazing time. They both destroyed me on the buzzer lol

I felt so bad when I could see that "facilitate" was on the tip of your tongue.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Hey at least you got second place.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Do you get swag for showing up too? And a photo with Ken?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Zero One posted:

Hey at least you got second place.

Yeah, this. I bet that was a nice consolation prize. You played good! Game is hard and a lot of those clues were tough

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Hell yeah Poque!!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Right after we finished, Elizabeth and I were congratulating Ray on winning and sweeping the Christmas/Hanukkah category, and he said that he was Catholic and his wife is Jewish so it happened to be his perfect category haha

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

That was a tough game - Ray seems very professorial and if he gets a good streak of categories he could be around for a while. Glad you had a good time!

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Pity poor Pique, sorry it didn't work out for you.

At least you made it on the show which I doubt most Cubs and humans can ever claim. Be proud of that.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Vintersorg posted:

Do you get swag for showing up too? And a photo with Ken?

I got a hat.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, my wife got a hat , a picture with the host (who was Trebek at the time) and an awesome experience. Plus we got to around California a few days.

2nd place also gets a flat $2,000 prize, 3rd place $1000. So basically , worst case it mostly pays for itself either way. IMO I think they need to bump the prizes for $4k and $2k respectively , but given the demand of how many people want to be on, they basically don’t have to.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah, my wife got a hat , a picture with the host (who was Trebek at the time) and an awesome experience. Plus we got to around California a few days.

2nd place also gets a flat $2,000 prize, 3rd place $1000. So basically , worst case it mostly pays for itself either way. IMO I think they need to bump the prizes for $4k and $2k respectively , but given the demand of how many people want to be on, they basically don’t have to.

Yeah it was all this plus a TOTE. $2k takes care of two flights, two nights in a hotel, ubers and dinners, and it was all worth it. Thank you Elizabeth for that wager :ohdear:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

That sounds like a lot of fun. I mean I'd be stressed out of my mind, but still.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh they don't even fly you down and put you in a hotel? I always thought that was the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vintersorg posted:

Oh they don't even fly you down and put you in a hotel? I always thought that was the case.

Nope, you have to fly out and get lodging on your own dime. That's actually why I couldn't do the show in 2015, despite getting invited: My now-ex-wife and I simply didn't have the liquid cash available to us to travel halfway across the country after we'd just put 20 percent down on a new house the month before.