Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Saren is that you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

That game looks cool as hell

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Edit: wrong thread

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jelly posted:

Someone here once compared it to Resogun, one of very few games I've achieved Platinum in, but I am unclear on that comparison.

Same studio :shrug:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

In all honesty that's a hard thing to wrap your brain around.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oscar Wild posted:

Thanks! I have soulsbourne dodge brain circle. Do you still think r1 is best? Just got 1 hit away from intro big guy. I'm terrible at fps

Edit: she sleeps as gross as Sam in death stranding

Fwiw I have played well over 100 hours of Returnal and I recoil in disgust every time someone tells new players you need to remap all of the buttons. The default is perfect.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fix posted:

What's the next $70 mainstream hit?

Probably Spider-Man 2 unless Sony has anything else out before then

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m with veni on this one. Some people are just allergic to the face buttons these days, but the default layout works great.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Sakurazuka posted:

Probably Spider-Man 2 unless Sony has anything else out before then

Watch Breath of the Wild 2 go for $70

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
FF16 will be $70 but I'll get the $100+ version

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Fwiw I have played well over 100 hours of Returnal and I recoil in disgust every time someone tells new players you need to remap all of the buttons. The default is perfect.

Same. Though I'm excited to see if I can beat my tower score if I finally have back paddles

Also, is my tower score still on top of y'all?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah I play Returnal on default I don't understand people demanding you remap.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Also, is my tower score still on top of y'all?

Afaik know yeah. I gave up on trying to beat it. :mad:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I forgot they were even doing Spider-Man 2 and I kind of wish they were putting out their Wolverine game first

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I don’t think I’ve ever rebound (?) the controls in a game. It’s a weird brain thing where for me it just feels wrong to do it and adapting to whatever a game controls like at default is very pleasing to me. It’s part of the fun. I like to approach it how the developers generally intended me to and then do my own thing with that. Limits fuel creativity, something something.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Putting dodge on a shoulder button and auto sprint in a game with holes is loving crazy to me. Just click the stick.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I am fine with stick clicking but can also see where some people would prefer not to because it feels gross and/or imprecise.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I picked up Elden Ring agajn the other day to try the colosseums and I really wish L3 was sprint tbh

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

JBP posted:

Putting dodge on a shoulder button and auto sprint in a game with holes is loving crazy to me. Just click the stick.

Also going from walk to sprint in Returnal has such a satisfying little jolt to it and the transition is totally effortless. Sometimes I just want to walk around for a sec before going into a 45mph run even if I'm running 95% of the time I'm playing.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

veni veni veni posted:

Also going from walk to sprint in Returnal has such a satisfying little jolt to it and the transition is totally effortless. Sometimes I just want to walk around for a sec before going into a 45mph run even if I'm running 95% of the time I'm playing.

Yeah it feels good and it looks good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've decided stick clicking sucks because I was trying to get the trophy for picking up materia in FF7 CC using it to run and it turned out it was much easier just holding down the run button.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/LumberjackRy/status/1601982087585828864 lol

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I've decided stick clicking sucks because I was trying to get the trophy for picking up materia in FF7 CC using it to run and it turned out it was much easier just holding down the run button.

Maybe I am just crazy, but I feel like it varies wildly form game to game. Despite being such a basic function I feel like it's perfect in some games, feels like crap in some games and is tolerable in most games.

Returnal is sort of unique in how much I liked how it felt.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh I missed the auto sprint thing. Nah you gotta have that auto sprint. There was never any point in the game where I wanted to be walking. The holes are still extremely easy to avoid with auto-sprint if you just like, are careful.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CURSED!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I'll play it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Give Parappa the Rapper a fatality.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

Oh I missed the auto sprint thing. Nah you gotta have that auto sprint. There was never any point in the game where I wanted to be walking. The holes are still extremely easy to avoid with auto-sprint if you just like, are careful.

It had nothing to do with falling in holes for me I just think it feels good like hitting the nitrous in a racing game.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Deacon St John and Joel beating Spyro's head in with a pipe.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Gonna get really good as Abby and go online and destroy a bunch of Joels

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

PS All-Stars 2 has already become a meme at this point but I would absolutely play it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

fond memories of doing kat's lv1 super confirm and just having her yell constantly

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Was the first one terrible? Never played it or heard anything about it, just like the Nickelodeon smash ripoff.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It was a noble attempt I guess but the 'only supers kill' system wasn't exactly logical to newcomers and it had almost as many "dude with gun" characters as smash bros has fire emblems

the stage mashups were super cool though, especially watching a bunch of loco rocos attack a mg ray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAu5EXzW6lg

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Does smash bros have any non whimsical characters? Snake is whimsical as far as I'm concerned.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

JBP posted:

Does smash bros have any non whimsical characters? Snake is whimsical as far as I'm concerned.

You gotta be silly from time to time, laughter is the best medicine. But I suppose Ryu from Street Fighter is pretty serious! I'd say Chun-Li since she's the best, but she is known to laugh and say lighthearted things sometimes.

(Edit: I forgot Chun isn't playable, crazy)

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Dec 16, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Sephiroth I guess? But even then he killed Mario so

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Sephiroth is an anime alien. I mean like characters that are a joyless highwayman murderer or a 1% MC member lol

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Kirby is a joyless murderer but only when he’s veeg and there’s dogs about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

JBP posted:

Sephiroth is an anime alien. I mean like characters that are a joyless highwayman murderer or a 1% MC member lol

We take anime aliens... pretty seriously around here. But I suppose I could see the humor and mirth in such a thing.