Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

explosivo posted:

You have to "hold space to continue" now to get through the first video in the intro :psyduck:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

victrix posted:

uhh what

you can shoot the plasma gun through walls?

And now it explodes on both sides when you do!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's nice being able to change perks. Can't wait for the rest of the crafting to be finished..

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Did they get rid of discarding weapons/curios for dockets? I noticed the prompt changed to 'Barter' but clicking it doesn't seem to do anything.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

When you end a mission using the zealot crusher, in the post-mission screen you're shown holding a chainsword

Also the Ogryn crusher is the exact same weapon but with a worse moveset: the light attack is always vertical, and the stun aoe is smaller. They're both fun novelty things and probably great with a coordinated group but my experience with them in public games is pretty meh. Great for those times when suddenly a bunch of heavies pop up on you, but I'd rather have something that kills faster in other situations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

lmao, so the cost of refining a perk goes down each time you do it, instead of up, which I thought was weird when I read it in the patch notes because... why?

It very quickly scales to <10 cost, and very quickly after that scales to... literally free.

There's almost no way this is intentional. You can reroll your perk infinitely for free until you get the exact one you want.

e: The cost is higher for higher rarity weapons. So ideally you get a weapon with one perk you want, consecrate it up to purple, refine the second perk until it becomes free, reroll for exactly what you want, consecrate to yellow

Also make sure it has one Blessing you want because once they add blessing switching, you'll only be able to swap one of them IIRC, much like with perks right now. Then you can probably instantly have a perfect weapon the day they add the next type of crafting :thumbsup:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 16, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

deep dish peat moss posted:

When you end a mission using the zealot crusher, in the post-mission screen you're shown holding a chainsword

Also the Ogryn crusher is the exact same weapon but with a worse moveset: the light attack is always vertical, and the stun aoe is smaller. They're both fun novelty things and probably great with a coordinated group but my experience with them in public games is pretty meh. Great for those times when suddenly a bunch of heavies pop up on you, but I'd rather have something that kills faster in other situations.

The quick light > light combo is kinda fun because the quick backhand upward swing usually pops dudes up in the air. Definitely more of a novelty for me though compared to the alternatives.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

explosivo posted:

The quick light > light combo is kinda fun because the quick backhand upward swing usually pops dudes up in the air. Definitely more of a novelty for me though compared to the alternatives.

It's probably the best part of the power maul is Smash Bros-ing heretics doubly so if the followup baseball swing kicks them over a railing and into the abyss.

Power maul is pretty good. The side to side sweeps aren't quite as good at murdering trash as a bull butcher, and it doesn't have a good heavy overhead strong attack chop like the shovel and bully club do, but the mauler is a pretty good all-rounder. The charged attack is power-sword style, it doesn't stick or recoil you, just bursts an AoE that scorches horrifying amounts of armor and skin off enemies. Without the high damage strong attack you are very reliant on the charge-up knock around and kill ragers and crushers though, which could be a problem when you have multiples bearing down on you.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

It doesn't matter what weapon you use, that pose always shows you holding a chainsword.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo
Looks like they forgot to add the new map. No ETA.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I'm sure it'll be buggy as hell when the map lands one way or the other.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just played my first game in a bit. Is it just me or is the Raytracing running a little bit better now? I have a 3070 and while there are still pain points it feels quite a bit smoother now.

Forgive me if I have said this before, but shame this game is kind of a mess, even if it is a really fun mess.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

I just played my first game in a bit. Is it just me or is the Raytracing running a little bit better now? I have a 3070 and while there are still pain points it feels quite a bit smoother now.

The game is pretty much 50-60 with a 3070 for me at max quality, but RTX is hosed. I'll give it a try again later.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

lmao, so the cost of refining a perk goes down each time you do it, instead of up, which I thought was weird when I read it in the patch notes because... why?

It very quickly scales to <10 cost, and very quickly after that scales to... literally free.

There's almost no way this is intentional. You can reroll your perk infinitely for free until you get the exact one you want.

e: The cost is higher for higher rarity weapons. So ideally you get a weapon with one perk you want, consecrate it up to purple, refine the second perk until it becomes free, reroll for exactly what you want, consecrate to yellow

Also make sure it has one Blessing you want because once they add blessing switching, you'll only be able to swap one of them IIRC, much like with perks right now. Then you can probably instantly have a perfect weapon the day they add the next type of crafting :thumbsup:

In vermintide you could infinitely reroll everything, but it had a cost. I guess having one perk locked is their way of extending the grind a bit? Seems annoying if they let you basically brick an otherwise perfect weapon with a lovely perk/blessing

anyway whats everyones thoughts on curio? i've got 15 extra toughness 15 toughness regen blues that im gonna upgrade, at the moment i've upgraded one to purple and made the second perk 10% block efficiency. I'm gonna make my third one wounds I guess. What are the more valuable attributes on curios?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

toasterwarrior posted:

The game is pretty much 50-60 with a 3070 for me at max quality, but RTX is hosed. I'll give it a try again later.

It was not by any means constant 50-60 but it felt more playable to me than it was before. I could be broke brained though

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I was told corruption is raw numbers and not a percentage so IMO the best defensive stat is more and more health. I will take an extra wound tho, because high diffs hit you with -1 wound and if I go down once, losing a third of max health on revive is preferable to losing half. Also, toughness is nice but there's a shitload of things in the game that will reduce even 200 toughness to zero instantly, and to me that means I want more health since it's got more longevity.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Seems good?

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

toasterwarrior posted:

I was told corruption is raw numbers and not a percentage so IMO the best defensive stat is more and more health. I will take an extra wound tho, because high diffs hit you with -1 wound and if I go down once, losing a third of max health on revive is preferable to losing half. Also, toughness is nice but there's a shitload of things in the game that will reduce even 200 toughness to zero instantly, and to me that means I want more health since it's got more longevity.

interesting, my thought was that toughness is basically infinite so you want to generate as much of that as possible. maybe ill just go one health one toughness one wounds? what about secondary perks?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

field balm posted:

interesting, my thought was that toughness is basically infinite so you want to generate as much of that as possible. maybe ill just go one health one toughness one wounds? what about secondary perks?

Unless you're a vet you have 100 toughness compared to 200 health, so every percentage of health bonus you get you is double the bonus you'd get out of toughness. In addition, there are already mechanics in the game such as sliding and dodging that you can use to mitigate taking toughness damage to begin with, and plenty of ways to refill it. However, the refills for toughness tend to be flat values rather than percentages in many cases, so they don't scale the same. Having extra toughness is fine, but extra toughness won't actually prevent you from dying if you get ambushed by a big mob the same way that health will.

+wound is great even on lower difficulties just in case, but is more or less mandatory on difficulty 4+ because of how fast things can go sideways when they go poorly and those difficulties have you start with one less wound than normal. Secondary perks are somewhat preference, but I personally really like block efficiency and corruption resistance.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Dec 16, 2022

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!
So I think I used up all my luck on these two guns. Would explain why I can't find a decent power sword.

With the Kantrael it originally rolled +1 Stamina as a green. I kept it green until the patch, then burned mats until perk swapping was free. Then I swapped it *back* to +1 Stamina to guarantee the second perk would be something else, got the second perk and then rerolled for + dmg versus flak. Not as ideal as if I'd gotten a good first perk, but something to consider if you're in a similar situation. It at least reduces the chance of bricking a god roll with a terrible perk.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

ninjaiguana posted:

With the Kantrael it originally rolled +1 Stamina as a green. I kept it green until the patch, then burned mats until perk swapping was free. Then I swapped it *back* to +1 Stamina to guarantee the second perk would be something else, got the second perk and then rerolled for + dmg versus flak. Not as ideal as if I'd gotten a good first perk, but something to consider if you're in a similar situation. It at least reduces the chance of bricking a god roll with a terrible perk.

That's fuckin clever, should remember to do that, thank you

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1603559780005683201?s=20&t=piT1pi-B2Zi_vwa7S3Pdmg
I like Henry Cavill's acting and he's very passionate about Warhams. I've wanted to see a high budget 40K series for a long time.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1603559780005683201?s=20&t=piT1pi-B2Zi_vwa7S3Pdmg
I like Henry Cavill's acting and he's very passionate about Warhams. I've wanted to see a high budget 40K series for a long time.

ugh, i wonder what live action space marines are gonna look like

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Contracts are still bugged, been at the same count on dreg melee kills for 5 missions now.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

LOL. I can't even be mad.

I just had a run where three of us were hanging over an edge for dear life, the Ogryn in the party comes to save us... and he gets jumped by a chaos hound. GG all around.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

If anyone else like me can't launch darktide after the most recent patch, have a look here, fixed it for me
https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/known-issue-unable-to-launch-darktide-after-patch/69016/68

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The notes said they were aware of what’s causing the contracts issue, but it;d not fixed yet.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Was anyone else having a ton of connection issues tonight?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

reminder that you can turn off the intro cinematic via the in-game options!!!

fuckin braced autogun supremacy here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf6-xx2fLa8

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

K R I E G E R S

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Holy poo poo a friend of mine is gonna be so happy over Kriegers

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

what on earth is that far right outfit

wait is that the psyker outfit?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

boredsatellite posted:

what on earth is that far right outfit

you're gonna have to specify, they're all kinda fas-

oh, yeah nah that's the psyker outfit

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

gently caress the pysker outfit is so ugly i kinda wanna get it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Kith posted:

K R I E G E R S

Yeah this was the one outfit i'd be tempted to pay money for. They're so over the top.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Psyker will have to wear the hood until his stitches are closed up and he stops trying to bite them

Molrok
May 30, 2011

Everybody going KRIEG! over Armageddon Steel Legion pattern gear :actually:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Man, I am minimum spec and the game is running glass smooth for me now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/DarktideComms/status/1603704086213296128