Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

fsif posted:

And we laughed when Robert Saleh when he said Zach Wilson would get another chance.

This was part of Saleh's plan all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
This is the most insane thing I will say this year

Start Flacco

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

syzpid posted:

Start Flacco

this seems pretty rational to me

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

syzpid posted:

Start Flacco

Wrong. Start Streveler. At least he has a loving pulse.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The cool thing is that the Lions are probably making the playoffs.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Wrong. Start Streveler. At least he has a loving pulse.

This is about the only time I'd agree "start that practice squad QB who looked fairly good in the preseason" is the rational take.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
You can still get the Lions -1 on Draft Kings btw

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

All aboard the Zach triumphantly leading us to the playoffs train. Choo loving choo people!

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Mack Wilson redemption tour starts Sunday!

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

fsif posted:

This is about the only time I'd agree "start that practice squad QB who looked fairly good in the preseason" is the rational take.

Jeff Tuel 2.0

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Wilson will probably look okay against the Lions’ dumpster fire D which should enhance the flavor of next week’s QB controversy

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

As long as the Dolphins win at least one of the next 3 games the Jets game will be win and in.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

mcmagic posted:

The Jets should beat the Seahawks in a few weeks. They are bad.

Geno revenge game says Jets L

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bellmaker posted:

Wilson will probably look okay against the Lions’ dumpster fire D which should enhance the flavor of next week’s QB controversy

The Lions D has improved since the beginning of the year. It’s not great, but it’s not a dumpster fire.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I can't even imagine the type of game that Wilson would have to have to create a QB controversy. Like, 30/30 for 500 yards and 5 TDs.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

is pepsi ok posted:

As long as the Dolphins win at least one of the next 3 games the Jets game will be win and in.

Pats and Packers should both be winnable and I hope it does not come to that.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Jets, all you need to do is make a phone call:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

TheBizzness posted:

Pats and Packers should both be winnable and I hope it does not come to that.

Been struggling with what to root for since at least one AFC East team has to make a wild card spot and now I've got it: a Zach Wilson-led Jets team with nothing to play for eliminates the Dolphins; the Patriots get a wild card berth their fans don't seem to want and it convinces Kraft that the Patricia/Judge pairing isn't a problem.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Also...how in the hell did Jets doctors clear White to come back in on Sunday? Reading between the lines, did them letting him go back out there exacerbate things to the point where he couldn't play this week? Awful, awful poo poo if that's what happened.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Professor Funk posted:

Also...how in the hell did Jets doctors clear White to come back in on Sunday? Reading between the lines, did them letting him go back out there exacerbate things to the point where he couldn't play this week? Awful, awful poo poo if that's what happened.

<DeVante Parker video goes here> They don't care about player health man, they just wanted to win a game.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kalli posted:

<DeVante Parker video goes here> They don't care about player health man, they just wanted to win a game.

So on Sunday they wanted to win the game but they care about health today?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

I’m assuming he has cracked ribs and if he continues to get him it’s likely they’ll just break. Or it’s similar to the Herbert injury maybe.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

So on Sunday they wanted to win the game but they care about health today?

You've been watching football for like as long as I have, you and I both know how much player health matters during a game, come on now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/WFAN660/status/1603808424025899026

Imagine getting paid a lot of money to have opinions this loving moronic.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Pretty obvious

https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1603818517379301377

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I think it's more likely than not that White's season is over. A fractured rib isn't going to get better in a few weeks.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Amazing

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
well the road to the playoffs just got a lot easier for the chargers and phins

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Remains to be seen. Mike White slightly off is maybe around Zach Wilson when on his game so maybe he’ll step up?!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I bet Mike White plays next week wearing a big ol' chest protector pad

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Jets should call Philip Rivers. I’m half joking.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Professor Funk posted:

Call anyone, lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Does Alex Smith still have both legs?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Wilson is gonna do just enough for the rest of the team to carry them to a couple of wins and the media is gonna love him and Jets fans will lose their minds.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I was considering make a troll-y post like, "Can Wilson win his job back?" but then I realized that'd be a good problem to have.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If the Jets can manage to make the playoffs with this QB and OL situation in a loaded AFC then Saleh deserves CoY.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Nah.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah it's funnier if Zach just immediately fucks up again and costs them because then Saleh gets the blame for giving him yet another chance

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Saleh gets blame for an injury to White? Doubtful.

Saleh seems to held in high regard with all but one poster, Im not sure hes under any scrutiny. Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Saleh gets blame for an injury to White? Doubtful.

Saleh seems to held in high regard with all but one poster, Im not sure hes under any scrutiny. Right?

Barring something insane happening (always possible with the Jets), he's 100% back next year