Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Kaddish posted:

Anyone else have a bug where it shows the new cosmetic piece dot/alert in the UI? I swear I've clicked everything.

i've had that since launch, you just need to make your peace with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Kaddish posted:

Anyone else have a bug where it shows the new cosmetic piece dot/alert in the UI? I swear I've clicked everything.

Yes, it's been there since release.

the pole or the dole
May 21, 2009

Kaddish posted:

yeah, had it since release :shrug:

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Well, I can finally stop clicking thanks.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

toasterwarrior posted:

Buddy have you seen the posts around this one concerning DT cosmetics, they go on for at least two pages. Do you also need context

i have! i have even written a few of them! you are still way too mad about posts on the internet about the videogame. i want you to have a good time posting here among friends! please be less mad. as a favor to me? :shobon:

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Heresy is real fuckin hard, such a huge jump from Malice.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

When can I go to the third difficulty? I haven’t ever gone down just from blocking like I did in VT2 but I didn’t know if I needed a certain level of weapons first.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Mr E posted:

When can I go to the third difficulty? I haven’t ever gone down just from blocking like I did in VT2 but I didn’t know if I needed a certain level of weapons first.

On my third character after leveling two others to 30 I started Malice at like level 10.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Mr E posted:

My experience so far is that I'll do second on a brand new character but I wait until they're lvl 10 or lvl 15 depending on class before I'll do third.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'd say like, 15 if you don't know what you're doing and need some feats and gear to pick up the slack, and as low as 5 if you're extremely good because you'll still want your toughness regen feat before you get stuck in (plus you'll probably have cycled out your crappy starter weapons by then)

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I think it's a bit unfair to compare DT to DRG, or at least, unrealistic. DRG is like basically the most ethical game in the genre at this point, having plenty of cosmetic options for players who don't want to pay premium for it, having a season system that doesn't use season pass poo poo, and so on. Holding them up as a gold standard is good and fair, but saying, 'Well, DRG does it this way so DT is predatory and bad' is a bit reductive.

Like the whole industry is predatory and bad. Compare it to a game like Overwatch or something, I think that's far more apt. I don't care about spending money on cosmetics - I think it's fine - but I do wish there were more 'free' options available (meaning, in-game currency only) and I do wish the pay cosmetics on offer were more 'fun', that is to say, less like something a 5th grader would have drawn on the back of his math notebook.

VT2 had a pretty decent compromise and I wish we could at least rise to that level of mixed pay and 'free' offerings, rather than, 'I can buy blue pants for 90K in-game gold coins'.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
Rejoice! This bug hasn't been fixed after all :fatshark:

https://i.imgur.com/QlXZhzl.mp4

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cowcaster posted:

i'd say like, 15 if you don't know what you're doing and need some feats and gear to pick up the slack, and as low as 5 if you're extremely good because you'll still want your toughness regen feat before you get stuck in (plus you'll probably have cycled out your crappy starter weapons by then)

I like to think I'm okay at this game and tried doing level 3 with my veteran when I was ~7-8 and was just not able to do enough damage to stave off attacks from reapers and whatnot. I think it'd be doable but really difficult and your teammates would be picking up a lot of slack to compensate. I'm probably going to wait until at least 10 so I can have both of the first feats.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Exodee posted:

to the stars o7

Estel
May 4, 2010

Mr E posted:

If you know what you are doing you can start at level 10, the perks help with the low power level of your equipment.

The problem before that usually is not you, is that there are a lot of bad pubs and it's really difficult to carry the team before perks and higher level equipment so most of the time is faster to do 2 lower level ones that you know are going to succeed instead of one of higher difficulty with higher chance of failure.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Mendrian posted:

I think it's a bit unfair to compare DT to DRG, or at least, unrealistic. DRG is like basically the most ethical game in the genre at this point, having plenty of cosmetic options for players who don't want to pay premium for it, having a season system that doesn't use season pass poo poo, and so on. Holding them up as a gold standard is good and fair, but saying, 'Well, DRG does it this way so DT is predatory and bad' is a bit reductive.

Like the whole industry is predatory and bad. Compare it to a game like Overwatch or something, I think that's far more apt. I don't care about spending money on cosmetics - I think it's fine - but I do wish there were more 'free' options available (meaning, in-game currency only) and I do wish the pay cosmetics on offer were more 'fun', that is to say, less like something a 5th grader would have drawn on the back of his math notebook.

"instead of comparing it to an ethical product, we should be talking about how it's not as vile as blizzard" is not really the argument you think it is

i don't particularly care about the cash shop but i also am not going to begrudge people complaining about it because they're objectively right.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Mendrian posted:

lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

What are some of the better options for perks on Curios I should be looking for as an Ogryn? I've been trying to take +Toughness when I can since I'm getting regen on heavy attacks and that feels like it makes it easier to stay topped off.

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010

Evil Kit posted:

Yeah, was editing my post when you posted that lol. Tbh if Fatshark wasn't probably stuck in a bunch of NDAs I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a blog post about how publisher pressure forced them to put in the cosmetic shop and release the game before it was really ready.

This is a really good point. There's two parties here and it's not fair to direct all this vitriol at Fatshark when we know there's a publisher behind the scenes making some of these terrible business decisions. Let's take a look at who's really pulling the strings!

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

rideANDxORdie posted:

This is a really good point. There's two parties here and it's not fair to direct all this vitriol at Fatshark when we know there's a publisher behind the scenes making some of these terrible business decisions. Let's take a look at who's really pulling the strings!

lmao

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

rideANDxORdie posted:

:eyepop:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

explosivo posted:

What are some of the better options for perks on Curios I should be looking for as an Ogryn? I've been trying to take +Toughness when I can since I'm getting regen on heavy attacks and that feels like it makes it easier to stay topped off.

Honestly, I think +life is better on Ogryn since he starts with such a high base. For additional bonuses, I'd look for corruption resistance and resistance(gunners), maybe ally rez speed.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Exodee posted:

https://i.imgur.com/QlXZhzl.mp4

lol how many more things before it turns out there's more stuff in the patch notes that DIDN'T get implemented than did

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Broken Cog posted:

Honestly, I think +life is better on Ogryn since he starts with such a high base. For additional bonuses, I'd look for corruption resistance and resistance(gunners), maybe ally rez speed.

Thanks! I was going for sniper resistance but it definitely would be nice to have some gunner resistance too. I really wish there was a way to see what options were possible when rerolling a la Diablo or there was another way of seeing what all the perks are without having to go to an offsite wiki that is probably already out of date.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I was saving my imperial bundle currency for a Steel Legion or Krieg outfit so instantly snapped that outfit up. The headpiece goes great with all the other armor too, it looks nice with the Mortis armor specifically.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I'd drop money on cosmetics if i knew that there'd be free cosmetics too like in DRG or VT1/2 where you'd get rare drops/illusions. Seeing as my friend who got me to preorder the game has already burned out and everyones starting to lean back into DRG i'll not make the same mistake and invest into a game that's struggling to do a feature complete launch haha. The games fun and i definitely don't regret preordering it but gently caress are they struggling.

I don't get why every weapon doesn't have an attachment system where you can mix and match cosmetic and functional attachments. The fact that you have a mission with darkness and multiple classes do not have good flash light options is insane--you should be able to strap flash lights to your armor and swamp weapon attachments for every weapon to give it a flash light. It's 40k, guaranteed that somewhere in the loving galaxy someone has made a reflex sight or an ACOG for your goddamn weapon so let me slap it on. Let me bling my weapon further with rare cosmetic drops so i can get a sweet muzzle break that is the emperors screaming mouth.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I will say they have upped the cosmetic game compared to sienna's candle head gear 1 2 3 4 in VT2

Estel
May 4, 2010

explosivo posted:

Block Efficiency and Stamina regen are great on Ogryn, you can bully entire hordes just blocking and pushing so the rest of the team can just spam attack at the ground to kill everything.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

yeah fatshark should do the right thing and forgo any profits from the in-game store until their launch game matches the level of stability and system refinement that vermintide 2 has 3 years after release

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The character cosmetics are better then release VT2, but there is zero weapon variation in skins unless you fork over a pretty penny of either gold or real money where as VT2 had a lot of variety in that on release.

I'm just hoping fatshark is capable of programming a way to adjust sights on guns down the line.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Arghy posted:

Seeing as my friend who got me to preorder the game has already burned out and everyones starting to lean back into DRG i'll not make the same mistake and invest into a game that's struggling to do a feature complete launch haha. The games fun and i definitely don't regret preordering it but gently caress are they struggling.

I'm in the same boat. Bought it as the awesome new thing to do with my friend who got me into VT2, and we've both burning out after about 50 hours. Not bad for $40, but still kind of disappointing.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

it is weird to me that there isnt like proper weapon customization, you would think it would be an obvious thing with a futuristic setting. different scopes and lights and such, it would be a more fun way to put stuff like the passives in

heres my prized plasma gun, the blessings arent great but the base stats are:

emprah gave me this axe on my zealot which seems pretty nice:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

juggalo baby coffin posted:

it is weird to me that there isnt like proper weapon customization, you would think it would be an obvious thing with a futuristic setting. different scopes and lights and such, it would be a more fun way to put stuff like the passives in

The community manager said that doesn't jive "with the 40k world" and that "this isn't call of duty"

Even though there has been plenty of weapon customization in the actual table top, with things like scopes+different ammo adjusting weapon stats (like reroll to hit and poo poo)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

juggalo baby coffin posted:

I have no idea if it's real or taken out of context but I saw someone post a thing from discord from one of the devs saying "this isn't COD" in response to people wanting to customize parts on their weapons.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Jerkface posted:

The community manager said that doesn't jive "with the 40k world" and that "this isn't call of duty"

Even though there has been plenty of weapon customization in the actual table top, with things like scopes+different ammo adjusting weapon stats (like reroll to hit and poo poo)

the community manager is a fuckin idiot then because weapon customization has been in like every incarnation of 40k, in the table top game, in the pen and paper RPGs, in some of the videogames

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Jerkface posted:

Honestly I kinda get this. If nothing else it gives you a lot better control over balance and you don't have things converging to a meta set of attachments.

The CoD comment, not the 40k comment that is.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Game has been real shaky for me today.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

The "Oops All Hounds" condition is active right now... great

Honestly since the last patch the game has run about as good as it ever has for me with my lovely old rear end 6 core intel CPU and 1080 TI

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cyrano4747 posted:

Honestly I kinda get this. If nothing else it gives you a lot better control over balance and you don't have things converging to a meta set of attachments.

Yeah, it's kind of a *-tide thing to me where you have to use the weapon as it is, warts and all, because most of the time that's how they balance these guns. Still though, let us at least equip a goddamn flashlight for the lights out missions or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
The fact that these indentured convicts can buy weapons at all seems pretty weird.