Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
:stonklol:

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Rainbow :unsmigghh:

Mana-cost :negative:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Rainbow being a keyword makes that seem pretty good.

edit: lmao I forgot about mana-cost. Charged plus mana-cost makes the side unusable, yeah?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Wittgen posted:

edit: lmao I forgot about mana-cost. Charged plus mana-cost makes the side unusable, yeah?

yeah as I've found out, buffing any kind of mana-cost side is worse than pointless

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Also the "kills you instantly" keyward

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Also the "kills you instantly" keyward

if you win the battle it doesn't matter

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Wait hold on. Scales sets your rightmost side to the highest of all your sides. We're back in business, folks. All you need is a single specific item in conjunction with this normally unattainable item :v:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Rolling that should just crash whatever machine you're playing on

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Angry Diplomat posted:

Wait hold on. Scales sets your rightmost side to the highest of all your sides. We're back in business, folks. All you need is a single specific item in conjunction with this normally unattainable item :v:

That is right side though, not right-most side.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Inceltown posted:

That is right side though, not right-most side.

Yeah you use Scales to get Bug's insane Rainbow pip value on something else

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
cantrip duplicate death mandatory sounds fun.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I must imagine that mandatory gives you a pass if you literally can't use the dice (whether that's due to the charged + mana-cost interaction with non-zero pips or even something simple like eliminate + heavy). It's a total crapshoot guessing though, given that Tann has probably added a few dozen additional keywords :v:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Wait, how does cantrip interact with mana-cost? Does the cantrip just whiff if you don't have enough mana?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

RoboCicero posted:

It's a total crapshoot guessing though, given that Tann has probably added a few dozen additional keywords :v:

I was gonna say, y'all are forgetting about

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

what happens when you have more cursed items than item slots, anyway?

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Did an unfair run with a 10 point curse for TWO turns of undying enemies. This made for a pretty interesting run. I had to build for as much survivability as I could while still being able to set enemies up to die asap on turns 3-4. I didn't expect Hexia to actually show up when I brought the Titanbane Potion here, but I think I would've been alright anyway. I could apply a lot of vulnerable with the Scrapper's steel attack sides and then burst her to death. I had the option for Berserker or Eccentric at the end, but I think Scrapper was a better option than either.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Oh gently caress off.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

idgi, Thimble is really good? Do you mean that the two items are a good combo and you can only take one?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

distortion park posted:

idgi, Thimble is really good? Do you mean that the two items are a good combo and you can only take one?

That is definitely what Jedit means yeah.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Yeah the two items together are godlike (equivalent to a tier 12 item iirc; I believe that's the item tier at which Face of Horus turns up). Even so, Thimble loving rules and is a very lucky reward

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Angry Diplomat posted:

Yeah the two items together are godlike (equivalent to a tier 12 item iirc; I believe that's the item tier at which Face of Horus turns up). Even so, Thimble loving rules and is a very lucky reward

6+6=12, the math checks out!

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Screw you guys, I'm going out on my own terms.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

Yes, and it's what I took - which turned out to be the right choice as my curse on the next level offered the i-d4 and my boss was Hexia. Unfortunately I got trashed on the next lap because Dragon rolled cleave poison every single turn and there just isn't enough cleanse to get past that bullshit.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Okay Dragon, cleave-poison five turns in a row is a bit much, can you calm the gently caress down please

I won anyway because my Chronos managed to survive two turns solo and finish him off with back-to-back Bolts, like an absolute loving boss

Innocuous Owl
Apr 9, 2011

Sneaky Pig!
Won my first run on Easy! Had the amazing combo of Bard + Prism + Dragonhide Gloves meaning near infinite rerolls! Damage came from abusing Chronos's growth mana sides and then smashing them with the mana hammer for like 25 damage. :fuckoff:

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I beat Easy and Normal classic at a decent speed, I think easy I got through in 7 attempts, and normal I got lucky with a good combo and won in 5. Hard is busting my balls though, holy poo poo, I think I'm at attempt 20 and the farthest i've gotten is level 14. The late level summoning mobs just whoop my rear end.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

Fat ghosts absolutely crushing their poor little bones.

A healthy dancer.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
I just got to the Hand on Blursed, and had things set up for a rampage / lich's tome infinite loop. I think someone's described it earlier in the thread but every time you use the dice a skeleton spawns, but the dice face has rampage with high enough damage that you just repeatedly kill the infinitely reapawning bones until the chip damage finishes everyone else off.

After doing that for a few minutes and with just a saber and 2 bones left to polish off the game decided it couldn't cope and now my save crashes every time I try and do anything. Luckily it was only level 60, not a deep run.

I think it's my first crash in hundreds of hours playing which is pretty impressive, considering how many different ways you can do crazy things with item and ability combos.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

and the claw won! posted:

A healthy dancer.

What the gently caress :stare:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
had a silly idea for version of this game where instead of d6s, all the dice are like, d4s or d8s or d12s or d20s.

But then I was like "Probably would make the sides too complicated." except for d4s.

Andante
Jul 3, 2008
I love this game and have spent a ton of time on it, both before and since the big update.

I'm running low on stuff to do, with only a small handful of achievements left.

My only gripe is that I wish "Generate" mode characters were even more broken.

I heard people talking about a "Heaven" difficulty option, but I can't find any info about it. I really like playing on easy and coming up with cool and weird combos, so that sounds like it would be a great mode for me.

Any advice?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

If you beat the game on brutal, you unlock the heaven and hell difficulties.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
This game is great, maybe the best game for your telephone of all time.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
this is what you're supposed to do right

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

The Mattybee posted:

this is what you're supposed to do right

God I love putting reroll and other Cantrip items on Twin, poo poo just gets so ridiculous

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Turns out equipping an item that adds the Rite keyword to a cantrip side is a bad idea. Who could have forseen this?

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

AG3 posted:

Turns out equipping an item that adds the Rite keyword to a cantrip side is a bad idea. Who could have forseen this?

Sometimes this game has that Noita feeling of "oh yeah this combination would do that"

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

AG3 posted:

It's not entirely bad as you can still use the cantrip side again, but it depends what it does.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

Wittgen posted:

If you beat the game on brutal, you unlock the heaven and hell difficulties.

What are the rules for these difficulties (if they exist and this isn't a joke; hard to know with so many modes and unlocks!)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

TravelLog posted:

What are the rules for these difficulties (if they exist and this isn't a joke; hard to know with so many modes and unlocks!)?

Nope they're real. I think Heaven is 20 points of blessings and hell is 40 points of curses.