Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

shirts and skins posted:

DON'T WEAR IT OUT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
That's the end of this book yeah? It's time for another rull reread?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Shoehead posted:

:hmmyes: end of the book. Abaddon posted somewhere that the next update would be January 13th or so

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Potato Salad posted:

BACKBOARD SMASHING LORD

SEEKER OF JAMS, KING OF SLAMS

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia
loving hell, what a ride it has been so far!

And Abaddon's personal update, such a level headed perspective to life, grateful but also open-eyed.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

That's some Gohan zen levels of murder, it's loving awesome.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Shoehead posted:

What a year!

Wielder of Games, Seeker of Boards, King of Courts, Breaker of Ankles, Rim Smashing Lord

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
this comic is cool

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Farg posted:

this comic is ballin

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I can't believe this comic is ten years old already. I don't remember exactly when I started reading it but it's definitely more than 7 years ago. Thanks Abbadon .

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

genuinely hard to believe these are the same person. what a character arc

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Fister Roboto posted:

genuinely hard to believe these are the same person. what a character arc

I kinda miss the original art style sometimes. I feel like it conveyed a certain otherworldly mood to it that the comic lacks now.

But I guess that could also be taken as a reflection of Allison's changing perspective throughout her journey.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

There Bias Two posted:

I kinda miss the original art style sometimes. I feel like it conveyed a certain otherworldly mood to it that the comic lacks now.

But I guess that could also be taken as a reflection of Allison's changing perspective throughout her journey.

It makes sense why it developed that way, even if it was unintentional. As the story and world got more relatable in it's themes and characters, very non-human characters just wouldn't have worked as well to convey that.

Plus, and this is just my speculation, Abaddon got WAY better at anatomy over time, so he felt more comfortable making recognizablely humanized characters, and likely found them more interesting to create than overly alien creations.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Even from the beginning, very few of the very weird designs were major characters.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Imo rename thread to
KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: THE HEIR

breakfast infinities was excellent but this is a new phase

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, you were around for the metal nun right? They had to tone back the horny on that on a little.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The metal nun was toned back from her MSPaint comic design.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

BDSM nun was rad.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I do kinda miss weirdo gremlin Cio.

I miss Cio in general. :(

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Imo rename thread to
KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: THE HEIR

breakfast infinities was excellent but this is a new phase

imo just KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

MikeJF posted:

Prediction:

We've gotten an extra book since then

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Dec 17, 2022

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Shoehead posted:

I think there’s still a bit more to go before the end of the book. At least enough to finish whatever’s happening and leave.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

TK-42-1 posted:

I think there’s still a bit more to go before the end of the book. At least enough to finish whatever’s happening and leave.

Maybe, but this is also a pretty good point to just cut to the next chapter with Allison ready to do whatever she's going to do next. The point has been made and we don't necessarily need to see Zaid and co's reaction to fully actualized allison though it would be fun.

Whatever happens next will be real good though. I'm sure of that.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Shoehead posted:

You re-read this only when a book ends?

quote:

“There is no end,” said the angel, and it was so indeed.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

DarkCrawler posted:

You re-read this only when a book ends?

My last reread was during the summer when I found out there's a kindle version of all of the books out so far so I got to read them while I couldn't sleep :3:

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Grognan posted:

I mean, you were around for the metal nun right? They had to tone back the horny on that on a little.

Still humanoid, though. This isn’t a complaint, just pointing out that the really inhuman silhouettes mostly serve as background characters throughout the comic’s run. There are periods where that’s less true - the arc about angels in the Void had a lot of very expressive inhuman physiologies - and periods where it’s just humans for days (Rayuba).

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Synthbuttrange posted:

I do kinda miss weirdo gremlin Cio.

I miss Cio in general. :(

yeah, she was the most interesting character in the comic

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

ChubbyChecker posted:

yeah, she was the most interesting character in the comic

Well, there's still a shard of her around.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Rereading the last few chapters of King Of Swords the color palette once again stands out to me as exceptional and vivid.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

This is the last book, right?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

rndmnmbr posted:

This is the last book, right?

We're nearing the end of the fifth one. It was originally planned as five but updated to six, and their titles are on this very page, so Book 6 is Wheel Smashing Lord.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Nice, thanks. I thought there were going to be too many plot threads left dangling if this was the last one.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Book 1 was 92 pages, 104 as printed
Book 2 was 120, 128 as printed
Book 3 was 147 pages, 160 as printed
Book 4 was a chunky 170 pages, and at 184 as printed was thick.

If we theoretically get ~8 more pages to wrap up this book, that would put us around 140 printed pages. Which is a nice convenient size. So I hope we get Book 6 - Wheel Smashing Lord, but I also realize that at 65 pages per year that would be a labor until the end of 2024 at the earliest.

In the meantime the French got translated hardcovers and I still want English Hardcovers.

Still hoping we'll get a illuminated manuscript of all the story collections. 90% text but with little graphical embellishes or illustrations to justify Image publishing it as a "comic". Yet more work for poor Abbadon.

(I also want Meti's sword manual in a format that I can print on the shittiest trifold pamphlet paper and hand out by the dozen at cons but that is a separate desire)

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

M_Gargantua posted:

(I also want Meti's sword manual in a format that I can print on the shittiest trifold pamphlet paper and hand out by the dozen at cons but that is a separate desire)

I heard it said you must be tender with your soap, as though with a lover. This is patently false. A bar of soap is not your lover. It is a hideous tool for separating men from their vital stenches.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Lobe posted:

Well, there's still a shard of her around.

Yeah, a bit of her will always be around

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I somehow didn't see or remember how cio actually died & just reread to that part

drat

Also regret posting poo poo about operant having somebody make a fist with the thumb on the inside, basically every page of the last DECADE is really incredible as a whole tbh

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I somehow didn't see or remember how cio actually died & just reread to that part

drat

Also regret posting poo poo about operant having somebody make a fist with the thumb on the inside, basically every page of the last DECADE is really incredible as a whole tbh

White Chain was correct. She had lovely lazy technique.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Crazy what taking a leave of absence from Starbucks does to a mfer

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
This comic means a lot to me. I think it's probably my favorite independent thing I've ever read. It's stuck in my brain and imagination in a way I don't fully understand but, like all good fiction, it changed me in a pleasant way. I know I've approached character creation for tabletop RPGs a bit more creatively. Thanks for the comic. I'm buying the whole thing all at once as soon as I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I know the ship has probably sailed for a while, but I have all the books in physical and would re-buy as many as I needed to get matching formats.