Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Inshallah someone shoots down Elon's plane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

it's true that Chicago had more than twenty thousand RPG-related homicides this year, but most of the united states is well below that rate.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

DeeplyConcerned posted:

this is a broken clock is right twice a day scenario . Yes, we have entirely too many surface to air missiles, shoulder mounted RPG's, and other anti-aircraft weaponry circulating around this country so the account is technically a security risk. But that's only because our insane lack of gun control in this country.

Elon? Is that you?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Gonna shoot FFVII discs at Elon's plane like that one Unreal Tournament gun.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
*hoisting comically oversized shoulder-mounted launch module, purchased legally at a nearby retailer*

aight i've got everything but the assassination coordinates, now to look up @elonjet on twitter.com, literally the only resource for flight plans of which I am aware or able to google

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

DeeplyConcerned posted:

this is a broken clock is right twice a day scenario . Yes, we have entirely too many surface to air missiles, shoulder mounted RPG's, and other anti-aircraft weaponry circulating around this country so the account is technically a security risk. But that's only because our insane lack of gun control in this country.

same energy as that goon in the UA thread terrified about putin personally nuking him.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Usually as long as you mind your business and stay away from the flamethrower gangs they don't flamethrower you.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

SRQ posted:

same energy as that goon in the UA thread terrified about putin personally nuking him.

That goon is terrified about every nuclear power nuking them, personally. Russia is just the latest world power in the news that they are latching onto.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

wait you all don't strap on 3-4 surface to air missiles when you go to buy hamberders?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
my favorite was when some teens decided to spice up their hometown of Bumfuck, MW by putting up home made christmas decorations shaped like question blocks from the super mario video game franchise, and there were boomers apopleptic in the streets, absolutely convinced that these contraptions must have been bombs planted by Al Qaeda to take out the US' strategic farm dirt reserve

If you're not convinced you'll be the first target taken out before war is ever declared, how do you even make it through the day? Just not muddling through a 24/7 haze of deluded paranoia? Be real.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
myrtar's Inventory, except he has an entire Howitzer strapped to his belt

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
I can’t even remember the last time I was on a plane and we managed to land without at least one rocket destroying us completely. It’s exhausting and I’m glad this menace is finally being dealt with by banning Twitter accounts! Problem solved

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Thread title why not done?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Telsa Cola posted:

That goon is terrified about every nuclear power nuking them, personally. Russia is just the latest world power in the news that they are latching onto.

It's always incredible that an online community of probably 10,000 people, somehow manages to consistently be stupider than the world's biggest social media organizations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

*tinkers around with the SAM battery I have in my garage*

*accidentally launches myself while sitting on top of a missile*

*waves my 10-gallon hat and goes "YEEEHAWWWW" like Slim Pickens at the end of Dr. Strangelove, as I ride the missile straight towards Elon's plane*

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The buck stops with the Federal Reserve.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

He's gonna take her aninated av too. Make it sting.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

my favorite was when some teens decided to spice up their hometown of Bumfuck, MW by putting up home made christmas decorations shaped like question blocks from the super mario video game franchise, and there were boomers apopleptic in the streets, absolutely convinced that these contraptions must have been bombs planted by Al Qaeda to take out the US' strategic farm dirt reserve

If you're not convinced you'll be the first target taken out before war is ever declared, how do you even make it through the day? Just not muddling through a 24/7 haze of deluded paranoia? Be real.

Haha or when an advertising group put up Mooninites from Aqua teen Hunger Force and people thought they were bombs

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
"Disillusioned liberal" Bari Weiss realizing what it means to cross the hair plug boy king:

https://twitter.com/bariweiss/status/1603917373852946433?s=20&t=Eci4T1YgYFI0b4fI15HFQQ

https://twitter.com/bariweiss/status/1603908561741889536?s=20&t=Eci4T1YgYFI0b4fI15HFQQ

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Let Them Fight

Also Worst Person You Know

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Gatts posted:

I have 8 meetings a day! Where’s my billions, Elon?

There is an inverse relationship between any person's salary and how much empirical evidence they are obligated to provide of their productivity / value as an employee.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
One tthing I recently noticed is theres a lot of youtube channels predicting on the idea

"were watching this enormously influential film for the first time"

like yeah we've never seen jurassic park of LOTR before, I'm a pretty mormon girl

It's all Chinese propaganda. it hasn't happened yet it's bullshit

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

E the Shaggy posted:

"Disillusioned liberal" Bari Weiss realizing what it means to cross the hair plug boy king:

Musk learning the hard way that all the other right wing maniacs are just as erratic and narcissistic as he is

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He probably spent more time in that meeting looking at his phone than paying attention.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

big black turnout posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about

Goons have been irredeemable weirdos since 2001

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

DeeplyConcerned posted:

I wish that were true, it'd be awesome

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

ruddiger posted:

Can you imagine having to sit in a meeting with this loving guy in his current headspace
It would be the best possible time to put some Tweets from a burner account impersonating a celebrity that just roast his rear end.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

keep in mind, once again, none of this actually happened. Nobody messed with his baby and the actual location had nothing to do with the plane account; it’s a complete distraction. Nobody was dragging missile launchers to LAX or setting up a snipers nest based on secret intel derived from a transponder. None of this happened. Elon just really wanted to ban the plane account and for some reason turned it into whatever this is.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

punishedkissinger posted:

it's true that Chicago had more than twenty thousand RPG-related homicides this year, but most of the united states is well below that rate.

Look, the rest of the country may not understand that the rules say if your d&d character dies then you die, but here in the Windy City we play the game the way Gygax meant it to be played.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Harald posted:

One tthing I recently noticed is theres a lot of youtube channels predicting on the idea

I could see that being interesting if was someone learning about a new culture for the first time and they were able to give insight into things that are similar and different from movies they watched in their culture and what not and actually going into details about things.

I would imagine though, it's 99% "he'hehe, that was funny", "I liked that", "that was a scary bit". type comments that seem to be what reaction videos mostly are.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Seems he paid off the LAPD too, honestly, considering how obviously fake everything is.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I thought he suspended the LAPD guy that mentioned there was no police report

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Motherfuck it really is just every other internet forum drama you've ever seen on mIRC, bbCode, livejournal, Myspace, Facebook, Discord, etc. blown up to scale.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Azhais posted:

I thought he suspended the LAPD guy that mentioned there was no police report

He banned two journalists that reported that, yes. He also ragequit a chat in Spaces and shut it down for the night after being asked by some of the journalists why he lied about their ban reason. Apparently being banned on Twitter didn't ban you from Spaces.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Regrettable posted:

He banned two journalists that reported that, yes. He also ragequit a chat in Spaces and shut it down for the night after being asked by some of the journalists why he lied about their ban reason. Apparently being banned on Twitter didn't ban you from Spaces.

Just wait until Melon learns that getting banned from twitter doesn't ban you from real life.

Which I assume he must believe since they all act like the world revolves around the birdsite.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

mind the walrus posted:

Motherfuck it really is just every other internet forum drama you've ever seen on mIRC, bbCode, livejournal, Myspace, Facebook, Discord, etc. blown up to scale.

Yeah but most of us only spend $50 a month to be Discord moderators, not $44B

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Oh hey, it turns out that it's not even Elon's private jet. SpaceX owns the fleet and it appears that Tesla is paying for the flights.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/its-not-musks-plane-it-belongs-to-spacex/sharetoken/j0zonNe3PbU0

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Tippecanoe posted:

Coup de graces are supposed to be quick and painless and bring an end to things, but Elon Musk's twitter meltdown continues to be exhausting and interminable.

D&D has taught me that a coup de grace takes exactly 6 seconds, minus however long it takes to take a single step that crosses 5 feet of distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Harald posted:

like yeah we've never seen jurassic park of LOTR before, I'm a pretty mormon girl

It's all Chinese propaganda. it hasn't happened yet it's bullshit

what does this have to do with elon musk