Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

i wouldn't mine Amell showing up

Amell not being in the final Arrowverse episode would be a crime, not just because he's the reason it's called the Arrowverse, but also because of who his character became.

I also think it's possible he won't because CW likes to offer actors insultingly small amounts of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's just fitting. Barry debuted on Arrow. all i want is a cameo.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Well Barry will surely need someone to tell him to run faster I bet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
or shoot arrows into his back.

for old time's sake

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

It would be perfect, it's just I heard the interview with Michael Rosenbaum about how they offered him a role in the "Crisis of Infinite Earths" crossover and it was basically "we won't tell you how much we'll pay you or how long the shoot is until after you agree to do it." So I could see them just low balling Amell and he's doing other stuff right now, and him saying "No, I'm not flying to Vancouver for this."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://youtu.be/dSaSvlboNos
The trailer for the final season sure is doing some heavy implying that Oliver is coming back.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Nah its gonna be another Wells.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It'll just be a shot Ollie doing the Salmon Ladder but he doesn't pick up the phone and misses out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

S&L has said that they're going to have Lex this season but not Jon Cryer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

S&L has said that they're going to have Lex this season but not Jon Cryer.

unacceptable.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The shows gonna get cancelled at the end of the season anyways so it doesn't matter

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

The shows gonna get cancelled anyways so it doesn't matter

we're getting one more season, that's good enough for me.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I mean David Ramsey was floating the possibility they're going to introduce new versions of Flash and Green Arrow so why not Lex?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

I mean David Ramsey was floating the possibility they're going to introduce new versions of Flash and Green Arrow so why not Lex?

because Cryer loving nailed it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Did Titus Welliver grow his hair back yet? Just use him

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Opopanax posted:

Did Titus Welliver grow his hair back yet? Just use him

Or perhaps Christopher Titus

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

https://youtu.be/dSaSvlboNos
The trailer for the final season sure is doing some heavy implying that Oliver is coming back.

I haven't watched Flash since the second season, do I just have rose tinted memories or is his suit significantly worse looking now than it used to be?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is. The first season costume was definitely the best.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Skwirl posted:

I haven't watched Flash since the second season, do I just have rose tinted memories or is his suit significantly worse looking now than it used to be?

If you are unaware that "the Flash keeps getting cheaper" has become a meme, there are some real Cenobite-style sights to show you coming your way

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's a point where they added the gold parts to the original suit where I'd say the designed was excellent.

Then he got that spandex thing and it's been poo poo ever since

and he got that suit from Nora what a surprise!

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Remember the year when he just didn’t have a chin for some reason

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrianWilly posted:

Remember the year when he just didn’t have a chin for some reason

that's the Nora suit

she should have stayed in Speed Hell where she belonged

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1603476303574929435?s=20&t=9awmFub_9RkJopIxbjMXVA

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
no thank you

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

no thank you

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
they aren't asking

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

that's the Nora suit

she should have stayed in Speed Hell where she belonged

Remember being excited XS was going to be on TV?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

Remember being excited XS was going to be on TV?

until she actually showed up.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I feel eternally grateful that I gave up on the Arrowverse during season 2 (I think?) of The Flash. Just wasn't enjoying any of the shows and I suddenly had an epiphany, I could stop watching!

Missed out on Legends getting good though (and then cancelled), but on the upside, I missed out on what I'm sure would have been a nightmare of trying to watch the crossovers in the UK! Arrow, Flash & Legends were on one channel, Supergirl on another, and no one had picked up Batwoman at the time (or ever?), so I have no loving clue how that mess worked outside of the US & Canada.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I loved Crisis and think it was a genuinely great dumb comic book thing. I kind of fell off the Arrowverse after that. But I have no regrets about what came before. There were rough patches but I largely enjoyed myself and the crossovers and finally Crisis were some fun stuff.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
I still remember that one crossover where having Supergirl would have solved a lot of plot problems very quickly so Arrow told Supergirl to leave for no reason.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Sticking to Legends is fine as long as you're ok with Arrow or someone popping in to say "Hey, we all hate these aliens now, ok?" for like 2 episodes.
I just got the Legends part of CoIE and it was great. There was some other kind of multiverse bang up which was great too. Legends is dumb fun, and it really leans into it as it goes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
the Arrowverse COIE was awesome, badass and silly as all hell.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Basically how I’d describe most of the Arrowverse.

It’s a big goofy mess but it’s the closest adaption of what it is to be a comic book fan that will ever be made. Constant issues. Increasing spin-offs. Lots of crossovers. A million characters. Callbacks you can’t even remember without rereading an issue from years ago. A lot of bad. Some really stupid absurd awesome. And eventually you just get tired of reading and stop because it doesn’t actually have an end point anywhere in sight.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Routh getting his Superman redemption makes any and all bad episodes of any Arrowverse show worth it. I genuinely cried when he suited up again. And that was just a few months after I met the man, told him how much his Superman meant to me, how it showed up in my life at a critical time and he was so gracious, so nice to talk to and he hugged me and thanked me for the kind words.

Best Superman.

and can we talk about how awesome Tala Ashe would be as Lois Lane?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

God I even forgot that happened. There was just so much silly nonsense in Crisis. It was amazing. I should rewatch it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

STAC Goat posted:

God I even forgot that happened. There was just so much silly nonsense in Crisis. It was amazing. I should rewatch it.

we'll never see the like again.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Rhyno posted:

the Arrowverse COIE was awesome, badass and silly as all hell.

Yes, but I'd argue crisis on earth-x was the best crossover and high point of the Arrowverse.

And not just because Alex and Sara hooked up at the wedding.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Crisis was basically that Key and Peele skit about Gremlins 2. It’s clear every single idea that was thrown in front of them was met with a “Let’s make it happen!” Just pure enthusiastic messy silly nonsense.

Let’s have Constantine track down Lucifer.
Ok!

Let’s have Lex visit Smallville.
Ok!

Let’s bring back Birds of Prey for the gently caress of it.
Ok!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

And not just because Alex and Sara hooked up at the wedding.

this is the only tipping point over COIE.