Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Everything is on sale EXCEPT Dragon's Dogma :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Wildtortilla posted:

Do they support gyro?

They do, iirc

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

chaleski posted:

Virtua Fighter on a 2D plane looks loving cursed

Seriously, I don't get why this was even made?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

sigher posted:

For kids like me who only had a genesis and thought in their heart of hearts this would be my way to experience the awesome looking fighting game I had been seeing in magazines

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

sigher posted:

It was still the era where you'd sometimes release compromised arcade ports.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I think I'm closing in on the end of SMTV. Is any of the DLC worth picking up? The Demi fiend one seems like it probably has some decent bang for your buck, but if I'm going to be over leveled for most of it I might hold off.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!
the demi fiend dlc is the only one worth it but its basically something you want from a new game, it puts nocturne fiends across the game at appropriate levels for the different zones. the only thing you wouldnt be overlevelled for would be the final boss it adds

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The DLC is worthwhile enough, it gives you a handful of cool demons; the demi-fiend one in particular lets you pick up a bunch of cool skeleton friends.

Though it's pretty evenly spread out through the game, so if you're already nearing the end, I'd probably give it a pass, tbh. It does also come with an optional ludicrous superboss if you somehow throught the vanilla optional superboss was too easy and are into that. Otherwise, I'd recommend just keeping it in mind if you're ever going to replay the game; that's what I did and it was nice to have some fresh faces to add to the roster.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

The Postman posted:

I think I'm closing in on the end of SMTV. Is any of the DLC worth picking up? The Demi fiend one seems like it probably has some decent bang for your buck, but if I'm going to be over leveled for most of it I might hold off.

Artemis is a mid level demon, Cleopatra and Mephisto are two very good end game demons. Probably not worth buying individually unless you like the characters.

The Return of the True Demon adds a bunch of fights/demons sprinkled around the game. You’ll be overleveled for them. If you haven’t played SMT3, it’s just gonna be a bunch of (loving cool) skeletons.

At the end of the demon DLC is the Demi Fiend. Fighting him on hard was one of the most difficult challenges I’ve faced in a video game. Even with an endgame party, he’s leagues above Shiva. I went through the game again to max everything out, and he's still brutal with a full party with everyone at level 99. Your mileage may vary, I’m new to RPGs.

Beating him was a major accomplishment for me, even with the considerable time invested.

Smirking_Serpent fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 17, 2022

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Thinking I'll hold off for now and pick it up when I'm ready for another playthrough then. Thanks!

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Is the D3 necromancer included in this collection: https://www.dekudeals.com/items/diablo-ii-resurrected

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yeah unless you really want to fight/fuse the fiends or have a lot of nostalgia I thought the dlc didn't add much at all to my first playthrough. I rarely even used them and the fights were just another boss fight. Actually forcing you to pay to fuse previous standard demons from modern entries is kinda scummy no?

I don't think most SMT DLC is ever worth it though, it's usually low effort or stuff that they clearly built alongside the main game but made it piecemeal for $

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Wildtortilla posted:

Is the D3 necromancer included in this collection: https://www.dekudeals.com/items/diablo-ii-resurrected

did you mean this one? https://www.dekudeals.com/items/diablo-prime-evil-collection

That says it has Diablo 3 Eternal Collection, which includes the Necromancer.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

KingSlime posted:

Yeah unless you really want to fight/fuse the fiends or have a lot of nostalgia I thought the dlc didn't add much at all to my first playthrough. I rarely even used them and the fights were just another boss fight. Actually forcing you to pay to fuse previous standard demons is kinda scummy no?

I don't think most SMT DLC is ever worth it though, it's usually low effort or stuff that they clearly built alongside the main game but made it piecemeal for $

yeah it kinda sucks with the individual ones especially. Like the True Demon pack, you get ten or so new demons across the world, big boss fight, new skills at the end, etc. But the individual demon packs (Artemis/Cleopatra/Mephisto) are just a tiny quest, a fight you're probably over leveled for, and a single new demon. It would be like if Nintendo picked out 3 random Pokemon and sold them for $2.50 each.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

did you mean this one? https://www.dekudeals.com/items/diablo-prime-evil-collection

That says it has Diablo 3 Eternal Collection, which includes the Necromancer.

Yea that’s the one, good catch. Thanks!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Nyaawn posted:

playing borderlands with dad sounds kinda cringe

Sounds great to me but I don't have the SA virus that makes you irrationally hate borderlands and bioshock games

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Sounds great to me but I don't have the SA virus that makes you irrationally hate borderlands and bioshock games
Lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Only goons could hate something as funny as this!

https://www.destructoid.com/reviews/review-new-tales-from-the-borderlands/

quote:

Is it kink-shaming if it’s shameless in the first place?
It pains me to even have to talk about this, but the people need to know. Episode 4 of New Tales from the Borderlands is full of weird kink/fetish poo poo. I’m no prude, and if there’s a place to make “edgy” sex jokes, Borderlands is the place to do it. But oh my god, nothing about it was funny, or cheeky, or enjoyable in any way. It was just awkward and gross and made me deeply, deeply uncomfortable.

That episode alone evoked pee stuff, milking, force feeding, restraints and domination, public humiliation, a robot fully just having a prolonged orgasm in front of everyone, and an anal rape joke about said robot getting STDs. That doesn’t include other instances like allusions to necrophilia, and one of the main characters openly stating she wants to have sex with her surrogate son on multiple occasions. What the gently caress? What the actual gently caress?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

JollyBoyJohn posted:

there’s nothing irrational about thinking borderlands is garbage. I haven’t played a bioshock so I can’t speak to that but they don’t seem good

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
they're both very bad series overall

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

yup. two perfectly good series to enjoy with some rick and morty on the second screen. game loving on brother :cheers:

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

For days people have been saying "High on Life is the Metroid Prime But Funny Clone we have been demanding." And now I'm finding out it's a Borderlands clone?!

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Hrist posted:

For days people have been saying "High on Life is the Metroid Prime But Funny Clone we have been demanding." And now I'm finding out it's a Borderlands clone?!

whoever said that, you should kill them

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

An Actual Princess posted:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
killing is just an intervention for people who are high on life

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is High on Life the "talking weapons that never shut up and tell jokes of a quality that would make Rick and Morty writers roll their eyes" game?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Is High on Life the "talking weapons that never shut up and tell jokes of a quality that would make Rick and Morty writers roll their eyes" game?

they are literally the Rick and Morty writers, op.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
only the one who does the wacky voices. the guy who actually writes jokes is absent

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

An Actual Princess posted:

Just because some journalist thinks Metroid wasn't funny enough doesn't mean I'm gonna go on some Catcher in the Rye rear end rampage.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

hey yall i might be getting a oled in a few days so i was just wondering: whats some good accessories for it? i already have a sd card from my lite and am planning on getting another screen protector; are there any particularly stand out things for that version?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I have a desire to play the new Pokemon even though I hated Sword and despite the avatar haven't played another Pokemon since Red when I was a kid.

What I didn't like about Sword was the very simplistic dialogue and how fights seemed like nothing more than applying elemental weaknesses until you win. Is this that?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Its Pokemon, I don't know why you are expecting complex strategies from a game designed so 5 year olds can beat it with the stupid pig they caught in the first area.

It also runs like poo poo, looks like poo poo but has good fundamentals underneath the layer of poo poo.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!
are you asking if its a pokemon game

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Maybe I'll get Pokemon Snap 2 instead.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Borderlands
Feels like I'm going to lose my hands
Cause you keep on pushing my love
Over the borderlands

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'm here to recommend Voice of Cards: Isle of Dragons. It's an rpg but everything is a card with a narrator telling the story. Only an hour in but I like it a lot, fantastic presentation and the dungeon synth music is great. It's on sale!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Alan_Shore posted:

I'm here to recommend Voice of Cards: Isle of Dragons. It's an rpg but everything is a card with a narrator telling the story. Only an hour in but I like it a lot, fantastic presentation and the dungeon synth music is great. It's on sale!

Yeah the series is pretty cool. So far three in it, each a standalone bite-sized rpg that doesn't overstay it's welcome, sharing the same presentation and mechanics but little else. Even the narrator changes from game to game, which brings with it a pretty cool feeling of sitting down at a tae in front of a different person each time for the story they're about to tell.

Edit: oh the first one is called The Isle Dragon Roars

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Hrist posted:

Just because some journalist thinks Metroid wasn't funny enough doesn't mean I'm gonna go on some Catcher in the Rye rear end rampage.

Metroid isn’t supposed to be funny, that person should be on a watchlist

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

BigDumper posted:

Metroid isn’t supposed to be funny, that person should be on a watchlist

What are you talking about, that part where Samus says "I gotta go to the planet of Zebes to kill all the space pirates" and then Adam is like "Samus that's bad don't give me a thumbs down, think of your womanness" and she's like "Zebes nuts", that's comedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Booky posted:

hey yall i might be getting a oled in a few days so i was just wondering: whats some good accessories for it? i already have a sd card from my lite and am planning on getting another screen protector; are there any particularly stand out things for that version?

If you like playing portable, the Satisfye grip is really nice. The oled model is slightly different from the old one.