Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Wow thank you for not having me murdereed, Lord Musk. As a token of my gratitude, please do allow me to lick the poo poo off your shoes your highness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

incoherent light posted:

He's going to use that poll as leverage to keep users who doxx LGBTQ allies and events on his platform

he's gonna doxx his kid who disowned him

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Buce posted:

just so you know, in some galaxies far, far away, your insubordination would be met with the full power of this fully operational battle station. :smug:

totally want this guy to be in absolute control of literally A Entire Planet, what could go wrong

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Castor Poe posted:

Wow thank you for not having me murdereed, Lord Musk. As a token of my gratitude, please do allow me to lick the poo poo off your shoes your highness.

'tis fake, fortunately, so you may be excused from poo poo-licking duties.

Edwardly
Jun 28, 2011

incoherent light posted:

He's going to use that poll as leverage to keep users who doxx LGBTQ allies and events on his platform

It's 100% this

QCS tactics

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Chicken Butt posted:

It’s so wild that I couldn’t tell

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

So there's a latest twitter file that is just about the fbi paying attention to social media? Wow

I'm gonna watch the new avatar movie I assume there will be more meltdowns when I check back here

3. 5 hours later and Elon has unbanned the journalist but in such a way he's encouraging his fans to harass them by claiming they are evil doxxing menaces. Lmao this boy

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

incoherent light posted:

since when has he cared? libsoftiktok is already back

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Elons incredibly divorced and yet somehow manages to become more divorced every day.

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

As someone who ate a twitter perma for my doxxing of plane N628TS, he didn’t actually unban anyone. The “you are permabanned” message got replaced with “you are suspended”

You still have to delete the ~offending~ tweets to regain your account. I appealed with “lol gently caress you”

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

lifetime supply of Pocky posted:

As someone who ate a twitter perma for my doxxing of plane N628TS, he didn’t actually unban anyone. The “you are permabanned” message got replaced with “you are suspended”

You still have to delete the ~offending~ tweets to regain your account. I appealed with “lol gently caress you”

um actualy hes hard as work

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
to secure an existence for etc

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MrQwerty posted:

really though what the gently caress is this

Sorry the internet made me temporarily insane

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Harald posted:

Sorry the internet made me temporarily insane

Hi Elon

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
the gently caress has been going on lmao

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tai posted:

the gently caress has been going on lmao

Watching a paranoid schizophrenic degrade in real time

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
Hold on, Elon is going to use block and mutes from the $8 club to make things they don't like less visible to everyone? What the gently caress. How can he be so stupid? Every single other platform with decades of experience has discovered negative interactions with content are almost as useful as positive interactions. Anything that drives engagement by tautology drives engagement, it is the stuff you want your algorithms to boost because it drives engagement. Things people really like or really hate make them stay on social media. It is neutral stuff that drives people away. I know Elon isn't doing this for ethical reasons so I guess this was just something stupid he thought of and there is no one at Twitter that would explain how this is not profitable to the clown king.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
how long until he calls things "poggers"?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kilus aof posted:

Hold on, Elon is going to use block and mutes from the $8 club to make things they don't like less visible to everyone? What the gently caress. How can he be so stupid? Every single other platform with decades of experience has discovered negative interactions with content are almost as useful as positive interactions. Anything that drives engagement by tautology drives engagement, it is the stuff you want your algorithms to boost because it drives engagement. Things people really like or really hate make them stay on social media. It is neutral stuff that drives people away. I know Elon isn't doing this for ethical reasons so I guess this was just something stupid he thought of and there is no one at Twitter that would explain how this is not profitable to the clown king.

The worlds richest man turns out to be indistinguishable from a 20 year old incel redditor, hope this helps

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kilus aof posted:

He thinks anyone who gets Verified must be his friend and believeElon Musk Presents: Twitter 2.0 is Cool And Good. So anyone verified blocking/muting tweets is gonna nuke the hell out of the Woke Left Virus or whatever he's bleating on about.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

kilus aof posted:

the negative interaction is the entire twitter experience

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Elon owning us all by showing us... his account isn't notable..

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

N. Senada posted:

That one’s not real is it?

“I didn’t even murder anybody! Why are you all so mad at me!”

Can’t be real

i think it's fake

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/elon-musk-seeks-additional-funds-for-twitter-11671247325

quote:

Elon Musk’s team has reached out for potential fresh investment for Twitter Inc. at the same price as the original $44 billion deal, according to one shareholder who said he was contacted about the proposal.

Ross Gerber, president and CEO at Gerber Kawasaki Wealth & Investment Management, said a representative for Mr. Musk contacted him about offering more shares Thursday.

"Listen I know I said Twitter was losing missions of dollars and we have 1 billion of loans to repay a year but its a good investment. Great!"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Elon owning us all by showing us... his account isn't notable..

His social calculus is downright stunning, like when a fish jumps out of the water onto a boat and dies but breaks the captain's nose with raw momentum

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

that he thinks the may not be notable thing is an own is funny, its like something a snarky highschooler would slip in. All it does is show he has posting enemies that get the better of him.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

serious gaylord posted:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/elon-musk-seeks-additional-funds-for-twitter-11671247325

"Listen I know I said Twitter was losing missions of dollars and we have 1 billion of loans to repay a year but its a good investment. Great!"

*buys $19,000,000 bugatti*

*attempts to record selfie while driving it, crashes and totals it*

"accepting offers of $19,000,000 or better for a bugatti"

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

serious gaylord posted:

The Producers, but make it social media

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

TelevisedInsanity posted:

legitimately if we found out this was all a tax scam and Elon's been funnelling money into this to launder it I would not be at all surprised and in fact would respect him far more.

E: lol what if that's why he accepted such awful terms

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Ups_rail posted:

that is the exact same poo poo the evil murder site kiwifarms would sat

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pretty sure this wasn't a defense of kiwi farms & he was just pointing out the similarity, like they actually did say stuff like that in bad faith to try and justify posting someone's personal address and phone number and whatever in their murderthreads

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

lifetime supply of Pocky posted:

My perma got rolled back too, I deleted the tweet so I could deactivate my account, did that, deleted the app and I am out. gently caress elon.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Btw, last time I checked, kiwifarms was still online. I thought it got purged, but then it didn't?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

TelevisedInsanity posted:

that explains all the nazis

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Given the current numbers for twitter blue and the number of people that any single account will mute/block, this could lead to upward of 5 automatic downvotes for some tweets!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

More investors calling Elon on his poo poo

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Chicken Butt posted:

Look I just want a horse, buddy.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

FirstnameLastname posted:

pretty sure this wasn't a defense of kiwi farms & he was just pointing out the similarity, like they actually did say stuff like that in bad faith to try and justify posting someone's personal address and phone number and whatever in their murderthreads

Check their rapsheet: you do not, in fact, have to hand it to ups_rail.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Actual scandal in the latest Twitter Files

https://twitter.com/mikecosimano/status/1603875959723155462?s=46&t=P0Nx23BiZx5ix-QPdManhA

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I like how Elon crafted dozens of non-mad posts about a tweeter being mean to him and his jet, but the loss of 600billion of mostly other people's money can be dealt with in a single snarky remark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

is the Undertaker woke?