Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Sounds great to me but I don't have the SA virus that makes you irrationally hate borderlands and bioshock games

He doesn't say he specifically hates Borderlands, maybe he just hates people having a good relationship with their fathers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Borderlands With Your Dad Simulator

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Metroid Prime had some good dark humor in the pirate logs like when the science team tried to reverse engineer the morph ball

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

That one gets tossed around a lot, but there's also a log that reminds the pirates that Metroids are not pets and anyone caught deliberately feeding them extra gets demoted immediately.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Perfect title

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Sounds great to me but I don't have the SA virus that makes you irrationally hate borderlands and bioshock games

I am a Borderlands 2 apologist. I love it.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
The latest Mario Kart update is bonkers, my kids love this kind of insanity

https://youtu.be/Iz4GjJU56v8

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Of all the FFs on switch which ones are the most like 2 and 3 on the SNES or at least have an overworld to explore and hopefully not a jpop boy band for characters?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
7/8/9 would be your best option.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
probably 9 in particular

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Booky posted:

hey yall i might be getting a oled in a few days so i was just wondering: whats some good accessories for it? i already have a sd card from my lite and am planning on getting another screen protector; are there any particularly stand out things for that version?

I picked up a OLED recently and just grabbed a screen protector and a carrying case for it, nothing else really. Basically just things to protect it if Im bringing it around somewhere.

edit: and a sd card!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Hades: still good.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Loved 7 so much I beat it several times back in the day and bounced off 8 really hard for some reason but that was when it first came out.

Looper posted:

probably 9 in particular

The switch version good?

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Morpheus posted:

What are you talking about, that part where Samus says "I gotta go to the planet of Zebes to kill all the space pirates" and then Adam is like "Samus that's bad don't give me a thumbs down, think of your womanness" and she's like "Zebes nuts", that's comedy

You’re right I forgot about that part, I stand corrected.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the pirate logs in Prime 2 are hilarious, they are just flipping the gently caress out the whole time because they’re stranded on this lovely planet with no resources, their base is literally falling apart, and they’re constantly getting attacked by swarms of dark magical bugs and not one but TWO Samuses

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I am a Borderlands 2 apologist. I love it.

Someday I will get a 94% Sham. :pray:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
hey what's the best way to reach out to nintendo support to find the owner of a lost switch? my dad found a switch in a case with a bunch of games but there's no easily discernable way to find the owner.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
1 (800) 255-3700 and also tweet @NintendoAmerica they'd probably trip over themselves to help out and also get the PR boost for a feel good story.

When you call they'll want the number for customer support at the bottom of the user settings in the profile.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Have you tried powering it on and looking at the profiles or eShop settings? Maybe you can pull an email address or full name from it.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just checked the email is started out.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

EvilJoven posted:

Loved 7 so much I beat it several times back in the day and bounced off 8 really hard for some reason but that was when it first came out.

The switch version good?

It's FF9 and good. Consider it a proper reaction to FF8 not being great.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Have you tried powering it on and looking at the profiles or eShop settings? Maybe you can pull an email address or full name from it.

yeah i've looked through alllllll the settings and couldnt find any identifiable info to act on. they partially obscure the email address for security reasons

i'll try eviljoven's suggestions

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
There's also the fire up splatoon make a doodle post pointing to a burner twitter or Reddit account name to contact and then play a shitload of turf war hoping someone in their friends list sees it somehow method.

At least that'd be my excuse for playing a shitload of splatoon on a switch I found while trying to reunite it with its owner.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
they only have one friend

SAD!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

You might be able to give Nintendo the serial number of the console and see if they can contact the e-mail connected to that system or something

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Props for taking the high road on this during Christmas. You're a good person.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Props for taking the high road on this during Christmas. You're a good person.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Chronojam posted:

It's FF9 and good. Consider it a proper reaction to FF8 not being great.

ff8 pwns actually

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

EvilJoven posted:

Of all the FFs on switch which ones are the most like 2 and 3 on the SNES or at least have an overworld to explore and hopefully not a jpop boy band for characters?

When in doubt play 7, but 9 is really good too. People either love or hate 8.

EvilJoven posted:

The switch version good?

My last playthrough was on Switch it's a p good port

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
well nintendo support on the phone said they can't give me any contact info about the owner and their suggestion was to give it to the cops and hope that the owner reported it lost. which is fine i dont think they should give me anyone's personal info but im surprised they wont reach out to the owner themselves.

that seems lame so i'll try the twitter account now

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

An Actual Princess posted:

ff8 pwns actually

its by far my favorite final fantasy, note i'm not like a crazy fan of the series or anything and have only finished 7 through 10 but the way you can break the gameplay system is just my exact kind of poo poo

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

BraveUlysses posted:

well nintendo support on the phone said they can't give me any contact info about the owner

Ya that's bullshit they could have easily taken your deets to pass on to the owner.

Don't hand it to the cops you'd be better off hanging on to it and putting the word out on local social media. If you turn it in theres a good chance the cops will either throw it on a shelf and ignore it until it's time to auction off found goods or some cops kid will get a used switch for Christmas. I mean I have seen cops on occasion try to reunite bikes with their owners when I worked in a bike shop but I've also seen people's easily identifiable bikes end up in the auction.

Also shame them on twitter and r/nintendo. Sometimes you get a lovely customer support rep or run into a lovely corporate policy and the fix is to light a PR fire until someone at the company sorts it out.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
FF9 > FF8 > FFX-2 > FF7 :colbert:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I like 8 but for the exact reasons that I would never recommend it be the first choice for someone looking for similar experiences to 4 and 6.

9 is the safest bet out of the PS1 titles, as a deliberate send-up of the final fantasies of yore. 7 is great of course. I’d even recommend X wholeheartedly with the caveat of being more linear.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ya x was pretty good. Except blitzball what the gently caress.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Metroid prime 4 will be a Switch 2 exclusive launch title. :colbert:

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i think all final fantasies are good

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Switch 2 is never coming out and I'm ok with that.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

EvilJoven posted:

Ya x was pretty good. Except blitzball what the gently caress.

literally stayed up all night the day i got ffx to do the blitzball

its only like 5 or so hours in but i'm still mad about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Auron ftw