Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

moths posted:

Nurturing an appetite for worlds

Back I go to square one, not knowing what legion to paint this launch day heresy box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Just paint one dude from each and call them Alpha Legion.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm boxing too.

I'm testing my colors and trying to figure out how little work I can get away with doing. The blue is too deep for Alpha Legion, and I think I have to do some actual highlights on dreads and vehicles.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Washing machines for life! And then some.

JcDent posted:

Box naughts and MK2 assaults? Noice

Thanks, I fell in love with the Crimson Path RoW, and decided to go with the most stylish World Eaters I could.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Lol I love this guys videos:-

https://youtube.com/shorts/y-kwkedFHOc?feature=share

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Salamander upgrades announced today.

They're looking HOT

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/12/08/heresy-thursday-smoking-hot-upgrades-for-the-salamanders/

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Electric Hobo posted:

The blue is too deep for Alpha Legion

IS it though? :ninja:

Slightly odd question, but does anyone have a comparison of the between-the-shoulderpads width of Cataphractii terminators vs. the normal 40K Indomitus terminators? I suspect the Cataphractii are narrower but I can't quite tell from existing pictures.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

They're actually a good fit if you want to use Indominus terminators in 30k. Just leave out the "spacer" plate.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

You can keep the spacer. Looks fine.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

These look great

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011

Z the IVth posted:

You can keep the spacer. Looks fine.

I thought I was having a stroke for a moment - that's the same color scheme I used for my similarly-posed traitor terminator

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

BirdieBedtime posted:

I thought I was having a stroke for a moment - that's the same color scheme I used for my similarly-posed traitor terminator

The Wolverine pose lightning claws are very popular for some reason.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
They look sick as hell, is my guess

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

If you wanted to drill and insert a pin into a resin vexilla because those things are flimsy as hell, what size brass rod would you use? 0.2mm?

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Mr Teatime posted:

If you wanted to drill and insert a pin into a resin vexilla because those things are flimsy as hell, what size brass rod would you use? 0.2mm?

I use gardening wire because its flexible and forgiving if the holes are misaligned, but still provides a core strength

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mr Teatime posted:

You could alternatively replace the entire bannerpole if it's feasible?

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Z the IVth posted:

You could alternatively replace the entire bannerpole if it's feasible?

I suppose I could but I figured that inserting a pin would be easier than clipping out the pile and crossbars without the whole thing crumbling to pieces.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Plastic Typhon announced.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Countdown til Xiphon meta shows up yet again :laffo:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Hell yes I've been waiting for this since the Spartan leaked before HH2's announcement.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

ijyt this is an intervention, you’re not allowed to buy the typhon until you paint one (1) space marine from the big box

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

:nsamad:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I can't wait for more weird tanks to get plastic'd

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Plastic cyclops next please

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Plastic cyclops next please

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Could I just have a plastic chainsword please. Ive been good all year maybe a jump pack?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Space Marine jetbikes gone from the ForgeWorld online store.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Stephenls posted:

Space Marine jetbikes gone from the ForgeWorld online store.

Time to get some of those Escher bikes...

Endman
May 18, 2010

Comedy option: the only way to get Mk 6 chainswords is in the new jetbike kit

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Mr Teatime posted:

There's not much benefit to using a piece of rod narrower than the hole you're going to drill. What's the smallest drill bit you have?

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

I'm finally getting off my butt and building my troops and I would like some advice.

I'm not sure what upgrades I should be putting on my bolter troops with the bayonets being the biggest question.

I'm playing Iron Warriors so I'm giving them all shrapnel bolters which does have reduced range. So I'm thinking maybe bayonets might be good in case any units manage to survive and make it to close, but I have no idea if that will be worth the points.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Lucinice posted:

I'm finally getting off my butt and building my troops and I would like some advice.

I'm not sure what upgrades I should be putting on my bolter troops with the bayonets being the biggest question.

I'm playing Iron Warriors so I'm giving them all shrapnel bolters which does have reduced range. So I'm thinking maybe bayonets might be good in case any units manage to survive and make it to close, but I have no idea if that will be worth the points.

Strict RAW, "shrapnel bolters" are not "bolters" and so aren't eligible for either bayonet. Considering this is stupid as hell, your local community may be more permissive, though.

That aside: I'm putting a vexilla on each squad, though it may be wasted on the 10 mans, and a vox on the two 10 mans that will end up in Rhinos. Still debating bayonets myself, though I modeled with them attached.

SkyeAuroline fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 19, 2022

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

SkyeAuroline posted:

Strict RAW, "shrapnel bolters" are not "bolters" and so aren't eligible for either bayonet. Considering this is stupid as hell, your local community may be more permissive, though.

That sounds like it should get changed in an FAQ.

I actually have a second question. I plan to kitbash some breachers, so what's good on them?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Lucinice posted:

I actually have a second question. I plan to kitbash some breachers, so what's good on them?

I submitted it as a FAQ question close to day 1 and know several others who did as well. We've had a few rounds with no response so far.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Lucinice posted:

Speaking of kitbashing breachers, does anyone know if the phalanx warder and or ultramarine breacher shields and arm pose well with the regular fw tac marine bolter arms?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Finally figured out my color scheme. Rolling with this for 3000+ points of white scars

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That's a sick White Scar. Your army is gonna look dope.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Edit

Woops, wrong thread!

Kharnifex fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Dec 22, 2022

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Word Bearers helmets are up. They're actually... good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Not too keen on the assymetry, but yes, good.

Unrelated: how strong are SoH in HH2.0?