Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Gresham vs Grace is some booking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Black Taurus should be on every show. He's a platonically perfect wrestler

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Nativity In Black posted:

Gresham vs Grace is some booking

Johnny WrestleCon vs. Taya Valkyrie in a Dirty Dishes match was a MOTYC, so I could see this working easily.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Remind me, PWG doesn't stream and I'm going to have to wait like 6 months to watch this show

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Remind me, PWG doesn't stream and I'm going to have to wait like 6 months to watch this show

Yes, and by then the results will be all over the internet.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I watch PWG for the results

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

I would have liked to see Garcia do that cutter off the balcony organically, but it was everywhere instantly.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Nativity In Black posted:

Yes, and by then the results will be all over the internet.

Yeah, but the time they release it you'll have forgotten everything again

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Oku v Takeshita is gonna rule all kinds of rear end, this show will be a banger

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I'm Mexican so only I'm allowed to peek.

Edit: I'll have to describe what's happening to everyone else, but in spanish

Tomorrow night is just going to be me covering my eyes and you screaming PELIGRO PELIGRO in my ear, isn't it? :ohdear:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What happened to the bottom rope on the GCW show?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Just got home from EPW Re-Awakening 21 and feeling good, crowd was announced at 800 which blew the previous highest of 550 away. The surprise partner for the tag title match turned out to be Mikey Nicholls which was a big surprise, he worked a show for New Japan three days ago. It also made a bit of sense since Mikey along with his partner Davis Storm were two of the founders of the promotion back in 2001, with a fun wrinkle in the number 1 contenders being fellow members of TMDK

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SalTheBard posted:

What happened to the bottom rope on the GCW show?

Joey’s snake broke the rope

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

SalTheBard posted:

It's so loving dumb. Why not expose one of your top stars to a huge American audience that might not have never seen one of his matches

Maybe they don’t want so much exposure on him that a bigger company could snatch him away.

Read the HOG result from MRTs thread. How do you do that result for KENTA and Low-Ki?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

SalTheBard posted:

It's so loving dumb. Why not expose one of your top stars to a huge American audience that might not have never seen one of his matches

Also, AAA did have some really messy fights over streaming rights with the company behind Lucha Underground. I almost don't blame them for being really gunshy about having Vikingo wrestle on another company's stream now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Also, AAA did have some really messy fights over streaming rights with the company behind Lucha Underground. I almost don't blame them for being really gunshy about having Vikingo wrestle on another company's stream now.

Tons of their guys have been on American TV and streaming this year. They are just big leaguing the indies and that's ok, most of the indies deserve it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Brandon Kirk and the missus are havin a row on IWTV

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

coconono posted:

Brandon Kirk and the missus are havin a row on IWTV

that missed spot with the chair from the top rope (chain) was p funny

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kvlt! posted:

that missed spot with the chair from the top rope (chain) was p funny

yeah I thought the whole thing was gonna crumple a second time but instead they almost broke Kasey's neck

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

coconono posted:

yeah I thought the whole thing was gonna crumple a second time but instead they almost broke Kasey's neck

that whole match was lame imo, but overall the show was great!!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kvlt! posted:

that whole match was lame imo, but overall the show was great!!

I really liked the dirtbag jersey shakespeare angle so I was sold on the match from get go.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

coconono posted:

I really liked the dirtbag jersey shakespeare angle so I was sold on the match from get go.

def agree there, the match wasn't great imo but the whole angle/storyline has been a lot of fun im lmaoing at "dirtbag jersey shakespeare"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Had a blast at Enjoy Wrestling Odyssey
https://twitter.com/Pro2Lariat/status/1604333054583083009
https://twitter.com/Mouserat_fan2/status/1604327715837857795
https://twitter.com/Pro2Lariat/status/1604348938991050752
Nearly got kicked out by the venue staff since I was milling at the venue too long at the post-show since I wasn't actually in Enjoy wrestling staff
https://twitter.com/Pro2Lariat/status/1604353716160716800
Wild that my podcast co-host was in LA last night at the GCW show and saw Allie Katch wrestle and tonight I saw her go bell to bell in Pittsburgh with Lee

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Dec 18, 2022

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Emi Sakura won the DPW Women's World Title at last night's 1st Anniversary Show, her first North American championship.

Very happy for her, the Deadlock boys made a great choice.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
El Hijo Del Vikingo is insane live holy poo poo

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

born on a buy you posted:

El Hijo Del Vikingo is insane live holy poo poo
I cannot agree more with this post.

Where were you? ARMBAR A COP and I were on the left side risers opposite the entrance. We made Titus Alexander laugh - everyone was chanting "bad boy" at Janela, then Titus went for a handshake so I started a "good boy" chant.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Emi Sakura won the DPW Women's World Title at last night's 1st Anniversary Show, her first North American championship.

Very happy for her, the Deadlock boys made a great choice.

Now if she just brings the belt to AEW maybe she’ll get on TV!

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Oh my gooooooooooood:

https://twitter.com/gcwrestling_/status/1603785635168276481?s=46&t=YpfjyHfpktR0FhX-CCoxZA

For those who don’t know Leon Slater, he’s been widely considered the hottest prospect in BritWres and constantly compared to Nick Wayne. He’s the one that did the swanton-450 that went viral a while back

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Great opportunity for him to be in the US already

Slater just wrestled ZSJ last night in RevPro, which a friend was at & I'm very jealous about (also had Ishii vs Ospreay, & GOK vs Ricky Knight Jr's brother?)

Ooops, I got my Knights mixed up, it was RKJ's uncle who stood in for him.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Dec 18, 2022

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Are sheikh and sawyer gonna kiss Maki Itoh

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
big pet peeve when people use arabic characters to try and spell out some english poo poo, but it's even worse when they straight up invent characters to make it look right

ydlulghz teh doesn't mean anything!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Penguin Patrol posted:

big pet peeve when people use arabic characters to try and spell out some english poo poo, but it's even worse when they straight up invent characters to make it look right

ydlulghz teh doesn't mean anything!

it's one of the gcw shows that's just randomly named after a rap album but still goofy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/56_Nights

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Bonk posted:

I cannot agree more with this post.

Where were you? ARMBAR A COP and I were on the left side risers opposite the entrance. We made Titus Alexander laugh - everyone was chanting "bad boy" at Janela, then Titus went for a handshake so I started a "good boy" chant.

Immediately to the right if you came out the entrance. Second row behind bungie club

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Immediately to the right if you came out the entrance. Second row behind bungie club
Nice. I saw that they were filming the Vikingo match anyway, so I assume they're going to distribute it some other way. I filmed it all on my phone so I'll probably post highlights when I get home.

Whole show was great, only 6 matches but they all went long. Defy Year 6 in February already looks sick, I've already got tickets.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Bonk posted:

Nice. I saw that they were filming the Vikingo match anyway, so I assume they're going to distribute it some other way. I filmed it all on my phone so I'll probably post highlights when I get home.

Whole show was great, only 6 matches but they all went long. Defy Year 6 in February already looks sick, I've already got tickets.

Only tickets left are GA. Temped but I expect it to be uncomfortably packed like the show the bucks appeared at

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

achillesforever6 posted:

Had a blast at Enjoy Wrestling Odyssey

I sadly missed this one due to other plans, but I can't wait to catch it on youtube. I saw that LuFisto had travel issues, which sucks, but hopefully that means they'll book her for a future show (which I could attend!).

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

A Fancy Hat posted:

I sadly missed this one due to other plans, but I can't wait to catch it on youtube. I saw that LuFisto had travel issues, which sucks, but hopefully that means they'll book her for a future show (which I could attend!).
Yeah next show is in March

Allie Katch vs Lee Moriarty was a great match

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I’ve always wondered what’s the deal with the Bungie Club shirts? are they just goofin’ or is it an actual… thing? seen ‘em for years but never got around to asking.

itsnews
Jul 25, 2022

abraham linksys posted:

it's one of the gcw shows that's just randomly named after a rap album but still goofy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/56_Nights

It’s not even the first time GCW has used that show name. Which is, for some reason to me, annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

If this week wasn't a disaster I'd probably go.