Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Conquest
Dec 10, 2022

But It's The Way He Stands There

po looks different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/OHyheOz.mp4

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Interesting that it picks up the poo. Hygiene I guess?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

busalover posted:

New thread title.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Takes No Damage posted:

Can't find the image but a meme that hit me real hard was something like:

Morning: move clothes from desk to bed
Night: move clothes from bed to desk

here's a few more: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3813092&pagenumber=1209&perpage=40#post496706326

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

busalover posted:

crow has poo if you have lizard

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

I'm wondering if the eyes are night lights.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Liquid Chicken posted:

I'm wondering if the eyes are night lights.

That's awesome.

My cat would probably be constantly trying to murder it.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

more falafel please posted:

A poster on these dead gay forums says that they are actual friend with Chef John irl and apparently he just talks like that

My wife watches him and so does her best friend. Her friend makes me do impressions of him and they are so amused by it, when its about the easiest impression anyone could ever do

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

busalover posted:

Most birds do that for their babies to keep the nest clean and predators away.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Owls don't. Filthy loving owls. All uppity in their professor hats, making GBS threads up their own nests.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Lobok posted:

Some of his posts are more obvious about his act. And you might only see him quoted every now and then but he actually posts constantly. He's gunning for maximum attention and virality.

https://twitter.com/NickAdamsinUSA/status/1604129578821341186?s=20&t=Yt2KVmzlSMV67YWkyxUu_w

https://twitter.com/NickAdamsinUSA/status/1603942669478236163?s=20&t=Yt2KVmzlSMV67YWkyxUu_w

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Grocery stores do that here, because the state won't let them sell alcohol to-go unless they also serve it for consumption on the premises. So you'll go into a lovely Acme and there's this little sad area with tables and chairs just to provide the theoretic possibility that someone might want to head on down to the grocery store for a beer or glass of wine.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Reminds me of the girl who catfished her cousin for 2 years because he called a fat rear end Kelly Price

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP_3_WnXdBA

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Phanatic posted:

Grocery stores do that here, because the state won't let them sell alcohol to-go unless they also serve it for consumption on the premises. So you'll go into a lovely Acme and there's this little sad area with tables and chairs just to provide the theoretic possibility that someone might want to head on down to the grocery store for a beer or glass of wine.

Is that PA? I heard it had weird poo poo like that

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Phanatic posted:

The Krogers here have a setup where they can fill growlers. And serve wine. And yes, there are regularly people (mostly 40 y.o.+ guys) sitting at the "bar" watching whatever sport is on the TV there.

They also serve as places for board game meets.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/XK02pbo.mp4

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Is it better to be drip, dank, sus or cheugy?

Also, mods please change my name to "Stoatbringer (Alpha Male)", tia.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is that PA? I heard it had weird poo poo like that

It most certainly does. It's not as dumb as it used to be but it's still pretty loving dumb.

This was my favorite: Back before the LCB was dragged kicking and screaming into allowing alcohol sales in grocery stores (still not liquor, just wine and beer), they had this brilliant idea to allow wine vending machines. So they contracted with a company to build 100 of them for a pilot program (under an arrangement where the company would provide the machines for free and just take a cut of the proceeds) and some stores actually installed them.

So get this. It's a vending machine's worth of selection, so not big. Then to actually buy a bottle, you had to swipe your ID. Then you had to blow into a Breathalyzer, because they didn't want to sell wine to people who were already drunk. Then, and I am not making this part up, you had to show your ID and your face to a camera so that an LCB employee in Harrisburg could verify it was you buying the wine.

Obviously this failed hard and the program was ended after only 32 were installed (11 of which had broken down). Then just as obviously the state and the machine manufacturer sued each other over who owed who what.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

that'd make for a cool av

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
NH is kinda annoying when it comes to liquor laws. I work in the beer industry, so I get to hear about stuff they do. I'm sure it's the same in every state, but they have to approve labels for beer/wine/liquor, and one thing that happened was that for a long time, they wouldn't let Founders sell Breakfast Stout here because the label depicted a minor, and minors + booze=no. Said depiction is a drawing of a child eating oatmeal on the label. There is no beer shown on the label, but the fact that it was showing a minor on an alcohol product was a no-go. Founders could have altered the label, but it wouldn't have been worth it for them to sell one particular product in one state. Eventually, they relented, and you can buy the beer here now. Not sure what changed, if it was new leadership or they just realized it was not a big deal.

Another thing is that they require places that sell alcohol to have half of their sales come from food if you want to serve full pours. I'm not sure how they can even enforce such a thing, since you can't really make someone buy food. For restaurants, it's not really going to be a problem, but for smaller breweries that want to pour full pints, it can be a pain. The stupid part comes from how selective they are in what makes for the food you have to serve (I think the rule states you need to have three separate food items available). I know of some places that had to build full kitchens in order to be approved to sell pints, while others get away with only offering cheese and crackers and chips. Nothing cooked. It really comes down to the whim of whoever is approving the place, I guess. I think they have relaxed a little on things in the last few years, and not being an owner, I don't have to directly deal with their crap, but I do get to hear about it.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
How many of these places actually sell food rather than opening a money laundry to put some "food sales" through the books while running as a pub?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

In Oregon they make bars offer a minimum number of food items off a list of approved items. Most bars just choose whatever you can throw in a deep fryer.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Reminds me of the girl who catfished her cousin for 2 years because he called a fat rear end Kelly Price

lmao

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Phanatic posted:

Grocery stores do that here, because the state won't let them sell alcohol to-go unless they also serve it for consumption on the premises.

We have a handful of grocery stores that do this as well. Most are simply able to sell beer and cider to-go, but a couple actually have service licenses.

For example, real heads know that the best place to grab some beers before a Leafs or Raptors game is at the Longo's across the street from the arena. It's a bizarrely well-kept secret in how cheap it is, considering the part of town it's in.

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus

Your Gay Uncle posted:

that's a classic episode, but the most relevant one is s08e32 ("caitea & paul"), in which the woman's mother catfishes as her daughter, going as far as stealing her nudes to send to the guy.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Detective Thompson posted:

NH is kinda annoying when it comes to liquor laws. I work in the beer industry, so I get to hear about stuff they do. I'm sure it's the same in every state, but they have to approve labels for beer/wine/liquor, and one thing that happened was that for a long time, they wouldn't let Founders sell Breakfast Stout here because the label depicted a minor, and minors + booze=no. Said depiction is a drawing of a child eating oatmeal on the label. There is no beer shown on the label, but the fact that it was showing a minor on an alcohol product was a no-go. Founders could have altered the label, but it wouldn't have been worth it for them to sell one particular product in one state. Eventually, they relented, and you can buy the beer here now. Not sure what changed, if it was new leadership or they just realized it was not a big deal.

Another thing is that they require places that sell alcohol to have half of their sales come from food if you want to serve full pours. I'm not sure how they can even enforce such a thing, since you can't really make someone buy food. For restaurants, it's not really going to be a problem, but for smaller breweries that want to pour full pints, it can be a pain. The stupid part comes from how selective they are in what makes for the food you have to serve (I think the rule states you need to have three separate food items available). I know of some places that had to build full kitchens in order to be approved to sell pints, while others get away with only offering cheese and crackers and chips. Nothing cooked. It really comes down to the whim of whoever is approving the place, I guess. I think they have relaxed a little on things in the last few years, and not being an owner, I don't have to directly deal with their crap, but I do get to hear about it.

Where I live, anywhere that sells alcohol for consumption on-site must have a minimum of three hot food options. A friend who works on the annual fringe festival got a pie warmer in so they could have drinks at the pop-up crew bar. They had three kinds of meat pies from the gas station.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

:eyepop:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

You know the smells like was already a last minute addition to the design in a futile attempt to lawyer around the obvious problem.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

Mr. Bung
Mar 24, 2005

Get out the pink press threat file
and Um-brrrptzzap the subject.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jhordhynne
Jan 12, 2010

How do you look with crap dangling from your eyeball?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jhordhynne posted:

How do you look with crap dangling from your eyeball?

Awful!

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/scatter_art/status/1604119034319888384?s=20&t=Hc5ovP-TZCBXHdf7eBsb_g

I wanna get a Purple Pussy NFT.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

All my schmorkies gone, I'm ruined!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrungus
Nov 21, 2022
Here are probably like 7 people on earth who would give a poo poo about that