Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Last I saw, the PC Windows Store/Game Pass version hasn’t been properly updated. So this may be the issue.

If this isn’t on PC, I would go into the Manage menu for Vampire Survivors on Xbox and make sure the DLC is installed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Nothing. I just played Peppino with the new skin just in case, the main screen says v1.2.108.0, but no new maps, characters, unlocks... The only evidence it's upgraded is the version number and that Xmas skin. :(

Edit: nevermind, my dumb rear end forgot it was paid dlc and not a free title update. :doh:

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Dec 16, 2022

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
ahahahahahah

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmao. My first thought was 'did you actually buy it?' but I figured you couldn't be that stupid

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Nothing. I just played Peppino with the new skin just in case, the main screen says v1.2.108.0, but no new maps, characters, unlocks... The only evidence it's upgraded is the version number and that Xmas skin. :(

Edit: nevermind, my dumb rear end forgot it was paid dlc and not a free title update. :doh:

Have you tried unplugging and then re-plugging your router?

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
bought the vampire survivors DLC and saved 20 cents with the game pass discount, xbox keeps winning

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i hope the Vampire Survivors guy just keeps making little DLC packs for it forever so i can keep buying them.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm feeling this way, it's a middling shooter but the full package kind of elevates it. Just some weird absurdist set pieces when they don't go for the low hanging fruit, like Being able to sit in your living room and watch Tammy and TRex in its entirety or almost 3 hours of new interdimensional cable, or even sitting in a movie theater and watching Demonwings while the RLM guys riff on it.

Interdimensional cable was bad enough after the first time I can't imagine paying money for more of it. Even the first time wasn't that funny

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
High On Life costs sixty loving dollars on Steam jesus christ

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
lol I'm actively enjoying the game and I still think that's fuckin highway robbery

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The game kinda screams "Budget title", lol. $60 is madness. Darktide looks way better in every way and that is $40 iirc

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
high on life is irritating as hell but it's definitely not budget, there's a lot of work put into its art/voice assets

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Is there any word on darktide console launch aside from "soon"

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

high on life is irritating as hell but it's definitely not budget, there's a lot of work put into its art/voice assets

Luckily they saved money by cheekily inserting some ai art

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I did something silly and bought an Xbox Series X. How necessary is it to expand the storage, and are there good ways to do it without spending 2/5 of the price of the console?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Xenomrph posted:

I did something silly and bought an Xbox Series X. How necessary is it to expand the storage, and are there good ways to do it without spending 2/5 of the price of the console?
With the X? Not so much. If you'd gotten an S, it would be a different story. The Seagate expansion cards are the only ways to expand storage that let you play S/X games. You can store S/X games on a regular external hard drive but you can't play them from one.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Xenomrph posted:

If you plan to play a ton of Xbox One / 360 / original from 2001 games you could get a cheap USB external HDD or SSD, previous generation games can run from a USB disk.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Depends on how many Call of Duty games you want to have installed at once.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
For what it's worth, I've been keeping around ten games installed on my Series X since launch and rarely went over 50% of the built-in drive's storage capacity.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I currently have 127 games installed with 300+ GB unused. A couple of the next gen versions are stored on the external drives though

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If you love AAA garbage it might be an issue but even then you should be fine. I've got Forza, Hitman, every MGS, THPS, Lego Star Wars and a couple dozen indie gems and old school compilations and I'm never over 70%.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
flight sim is NOT AAA garbage

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
high on life....more like high on several grams of extreme marijuana, which is what i'd have to be to play any more of that game :D

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

flight sim is NOT AAA garbage

yeah

it;s AAAA garbage :hehe

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

If I buy a xbox code from a 3rd party site that only activates in Brazil I can activate my VPN and use the key on my account right?

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

If I buy a xbox code from a 3rd party site that only activates in Brazil I can activate my VPN and use the key on my account right?

Yes it works. I've used it with the tunnelbear VPN extension. My other VPN did not work. Tunnelbear is known to be a bit shady so make sure to disable/uninstall right after.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lostleaf posted:

Yes it works. I've used it with the tunnelbear VPN extension. My other VPN did not work. Tunnelbear is known to be a bit shady so make sure to disable/uninstall right after.

Ok thanks! I have Windscribe so I’ll give it a shot with something cheap and make sure it works.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah honestly my X holds more than enough unless I have really stupidly big poo poo installed like CoD or FF15 or whatever.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Holy poo poo, Vampire Hookers. How many movies are in this drat game.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Lammasu posted:

Holy poo poo, Vampire Hookers. How many movies are in this drat game.

I think it's 4, Demon Wind, Tammy, Blood Harvest and Vampire Hookers.

If there are more I didn’t see them and I finished the game yesterday.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

VS new dlc is fun, but rough around the edges. Ran into 2 bugs already: Queen Sigma's evolved weapon resets roofs when you're inside a building in the new map, so you can't "see through the roof" into the building anymore. And though the in-game Grimoire page has two pages now, I can't find any button that scrolls to the second page.

e: confirmed on the VS Discord that both bugs are known and will be fixed in the next patch.

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Dec 17, 2022

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
High on life keeps getting better the more I play it. the office job scene where you get a text pop-up “I’m your father and I’m very proud” lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lammasu posted:

Holy poo poo, Vampire Hookers.

they are SURVIVORS, OK?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Sywert of Thieves posted:

e: confirmed on the VS Discord that both bugs are known and will be fixed in the next patch.

Glad to hear they're known, as I just experienced both this morning after playing the DLC for the first time.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Annoyingly the kill counter is busted too, it sometimes just freezes. I just want to finish that last achievement! (Vampire Survivors)

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
On the other hand arcana chests are now purple and there's no cutscenes when you pick up a money-only chest anymore so, still GotY.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

welcome posted:

there's no cutscenes when you pick up a money-only chest anymore

Best part of the update imo

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

SpiderLink posted:

Annoyingly the kill counter is busted too, it sometimes just freezes. I just want to finish that last achievement! (Vampire Survivors)

That's been happening for a while whenever you revive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

welcome posted:

there's no cutscenes when you pick up a money-only chest anymore so

Game update of the year