Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I know we get frustrated in this thread a lot about disclosure when, but take a step back. We have come really loving far and are at a point I think most of us thought would never ever happen before 2017 and even after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

D-Pad posted:

I know we get frustrated in this thread a lot about disclosure when, but take a step back. We have come really loving far and are at a point I think most of us thought would never ever happen before 2017 and even after.

I still don't think we'll get much of anything

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/nickpopemod/status/1603905267275792384?s=20&t=h6oKB9obPvbN-JPs4Pqtiw
:thunk:

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

"all the ufos are F-69s"

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Perry Mason Jar posted:

When I entered the city I was met by a man holding a jug of water. He wants me to come over, should I go?

Trade him pancakes for the water

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

goochtit posted:

This is fascinating! Light that is extremely bright but somehow not blinding to look at is very consistently reported in NDEs.

Wtf does it mean though :thunk:

also hell yeah, dirigibles
this is a funny bit of synchronicity, but this old report popped up on reddit today: https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/zna4pt/french_men_on_their_experience_with_a_ufo_in_73/

a french man saw a vertically oriented cigar emitting red light that wasn't reflecting off the surrounding environment

when i think back on my sighting, the effed up glowing clouds it was hanging out in were lit pure white and i only saw red after looking directly at the cylinder from its lights/panels

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

bedpan posted:

Trade him pancakes for the water

How banal pastoral observation must have felt for those aliens
and then, it's morning, you can't make your coffee or bran pancakes because Korgax forgot to refill the loving water reservoir and you're nursing a hangover and you know what, gently caress it, I'm just gonna walk up to that guy and ask for some

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

quote:

They also said to their knowledge there are no crashed materials of unknown origin

There ARE crashed materials. The origins are NOT unknown.

I bet the origins are super weird.

Get ready to meet time traveling trans dimensional atlantian hollow earth ancient antarctic nazi alien angels you dweebs.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Tekne posted:

this is a funny bit of synchronicity, but this old report popped up on reddit today: https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/zna4pt/french_men_on_their_experience_with_a_ufo_in_73/

a french man saw a vertically oriented cigar emitting red light that wasn't reflecting off the surrounding environment

when i think back on my sighting, the effed up glowing clouds it was hanging out in were lit pure white and i only saw red after looking directly at the cylinder from its lights/panels

https://24leak.com/2022/12/16/scientist-reveals-two-terrifying-underwater-ufo-encounters-on-nuclear-submarine-during-covert-operations/

quote:

At 2 a.m. on December 16, he was on duty at CIC. The night was calm and nothing unusual happened. He said he used the break to go up to the bridge. At this time, the entire ship was in a status called “darkened ship,” when all external lights were turned off, as well as on the bridge, that is, everything around was dimly lit only by instrument panels. His friend was on deck duty that night, and they chatted when they had some free time. And suddenly, everything around was lit up in the red color:

“All of a sudden and out of nowhere, like a huge flash from a camera, emanating from the starboard bow sea level upward was a huge flash of red glowing light, which lit up our entire ship. It only lit up our ship, not the surrounding ocean, just our ship. It happened so fast, that the OOD, the navigator and I were speechless for about 5 seconds, at which time I looked at the OOD and asked him if he just saw that light. He stated yes in a sullen voice.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://www.reddit.com/r/HighStrangeness/comments/zmyt2p/ufo_in_santa_cruz_ca_my_mom_and_sister_went_for_a/
"UFO in Santa Cruz, CA. My mom and sister went for a walk up on our friends ranch and my sister took this pic of the great view, but when she got back home later and looked at the photo she noticed these objects in the sky that they didn't see in person. Very strange. Picture is from a few years back"

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

The 6th observable is weird light.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Interrogate every person you meet at a party who says they work for the doe or the Navy or the air force or the faa

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

what if it turns out that all the UAPs are just facets of the shadow people, who are one of numberless intelligent beings living in some sort of weird out-of-phasedness with this reality, and it turns out we;ve been sending meth smokers as emissaries all these years

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Gravid Topiary posted:

what if it turns out that all the UAPs are just facets of the shadow people, who are one of numberless intelligent beings living in some sort of weird out-of-phasedness with this reality, and it turns out we;ve been sending meth smokers as emissaries all these years

Me and my friends would kill a shadow guy w golf clubs I can tell you that much

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

"No evidence of transmedium objects" = navy spheres solved?

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Ratios and Tendency posted:

"No evidence of transmedium objects" = navy spheres solved?

when they did the open congress session for round one someone asked a pointy question about those and the navy guy said thats a closed session question. which was the only thing i found intersting in that whole show

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

naval poo poo is the real ultra top secret domain due to nuclear subs and whatnot, stealth bombers are a distraction

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

mass sighting of disk in new jersey

NUFORC posted:

I have no recollection of what year, am only guessing. it was in the fall, as the evening was warm but it was getting darker earlier in the day.

I was in my early teens and had cut my foot and went to the hospital for stitches. upon leaving the hospital, two men standing near the exit were talking and one said, "wait, I'll come back" They were looking up in the air, I looked up to see what they were looking for, but did not see anything.

My brother (3 years older than I) had accompanied my father and myself to the hospital and also was looking to see what the guys were talking about.

when we got home, about 1/2 mile for the hospital, we could easily see a very large circular craft, saucer shaped moving in a zig-zag pattern. My brother ran to his friends house about 6 houses away and told his friend about it. They both attempted to take many photos of the object.

They had told many people on our block about it and there were around 20 people who were watching the object.

My Brother and his friend were both in the photography club in the high school and of the 2 rolls of film they tried to take, not one picture came out.

The craft itself had rows of lights that spun slowly in opposite directions.

color changing cigar; instant acceleration

NUFORC posted:

I was 18 years old when this was seen. There was no reporting sites then. If you told someone, you took a big risk.

I was looking out my upstairs bedroom window and over the tree top, which was about a half a city block away, and about 60 feet high, appeared a large cigar shaped object. It made no noise, but changed colors from red to white. Not blinking, but blending.

It stayed for about 3 to 5 min. then shot straight up and was gone. I heard later that a policeman in New Mexico had seen something that was described the same way.

I have never forgotten this, although its been 37 years ago.

"fireball and missing time"

NUFORC posted:

It was a warm august night at around 6/7pm Myself my brother and a friend were standing outside of cunningham school we were talking as we sat on the bike rack suddenly our friend yells out LOOK! we couldn't believe our eyes a gigantic orange fire ball shot across the sky from east to west you could see the flames licking off of it leaving a smoke trail, it looked so close to us you could say it was likes a medicine ball flying across the sky on fire. we ran to the other side of the building which was only about 60 feet long but it was gone we ran to our friend house behind the school and talked his mom into chasing after it we drove down landis ave heading west for about 15 minutes but could not find it again suddenly it started raining pouring down tourents of rain for about a half hour

we headed back to our friends house my brother and headed home mom was really ticked off we asked why she said we were late for our curfew we looked at each other and tried to tell her we were only gone from the house for about an hour we looked at the clock it was 10:30 pm we looked at each other we were sent to bed we talked all night about how we lost an hour and a half we went back to our friends house the next day and asked our friend what time did this happen last night he said around 7/7:30pm when we asked our friends mom she told us we came in at around 9:30pm we all looked at each other. I'm 45 years old now I was talking to another old friend about that night and he told me that he and my older brother (5 years older than me) saw the same thing on the same night back in 1968.

black disk hidden by twilight

NUFORC posted:

I was visiting my cousin in Niantic, CT from Aug. 7-19, 1968. On the evening of August 11 or 12, my cousin, his friend and I were walking to his friend's house. We were planning to camp out in the friend's back yard to observe the perseid meteor showers. The sun had just gone down, the sky was almost, but not quite, dark. We were walking from Lake Ave. to Lincoln St. On Hope St., along the way, I was looking up in the sky, hoping to catch a glimpse of a meteor when my eye caught a pitch black disk, moving steadily from right to left (from south to north). I called out to my cousin and his friend, but they didn't see it, and I wasn't surprised as it was a black object moving against a dark blue sky (considering the sun had gone down but there was still a small bit of twilight) and if your eye wasn't already locked on it, it was very hard to pick up. But I definitely had seen it and it lasted just a few seconds. It was totally silent and at least 2000 feet high. Though this happened 35 years ago, I will never forget what I had seen that evening.

strange object over queens

NUFORC posted:

I saw a circular object with diameter about the size of a Little League infield and about 20 ft tall slowly rotating towards me at treetop height (maybe 30 ft). The object made no sound,was flat on top and bottom with angled sides,was a dark metallic color and had what looked like tinted windows all around.

The object floated directly over me and when I looked up I saw what seemed to be a large ball-like object that was spinning in multiple directions,extremely fast and multicolored.

high pitched saucer paralyzes witnesses as it passes over them

NUFORC posted:

Viewing UFO panel discussion on Larry King Live July 13, 2007, compelled me to make this report some 39 years after the fact.

In August 1968 while working at Boy Scout Camp Benjamin Hawkins, Byron, GA, two fellow scouts and I spotted a craft in the night sky. The craft produced a sound much like a very high-speed electrical motor, shrill and almost inaudible. Its shape was that of two bright silver/white saucers placed face to face with a row of clear lights around the center much akin to windows in a commercial jet. The lights seemed to revolve very rapidly like a gyroscope.

The craft hovered approximately 300’ directly above our heads and seemed to place us in an electrical field, because for a brief time we could not move our bodies. After a few minutes the craft began to move very slowly to the southwest toward a Niaki Missile base which bordered the camp property. Just as it reached the tree line it banked slightly and disappeared in a split second, never to be seen again.

The Niaki Missile base located in Byron, GA is just a short distance from Robins Air Force Base, Warner Robins, Georgia.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Wheeee posted:

naval poo poo is the real ultra top secret domain due to nuclear subs and whatnot, stealth bombers are a distraction

I have been nursing a theory for a while that there is a basically undiscussed branch of UFO poo poo caused by drones or small craft deployed by nuclear submarines, specifically a lot of the transmedium stuff that gets mentioned.

They launch out of a nuclear sub, zip up and do their thing, then head back underwater, and are recovered by the same. Sub launched aircraft have been around since WW2, and the advantages are obvious. Basically they're the other side of the international surveillance coin to spy satellites.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Someone a lot smarter then me will have to confirm it but apparently we made wormholes or something

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-022-05424-3

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

Someone a lot smarter then me will have to confirm it but apparently we made wormholes or something

quote:

The holographic principle, theorized to be a property of quantum gravity, postulates that the description of a volume of space can be encoded on a lower-dimensional boundary. The anti-de Sitter (AdS)/conformal field theory correspondence or duality1 is the principal example of holography. The Sachdev–Ye–Kitaev (SYK) model of N ≫ 1 Majorana fermions2,3 has features suggesting the existence of a gravitational dual in AdS2, and is a new realization of holography4,5,6

yeah that sounds about right

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
It's correct. It came up in the thread recently regarding quantum computing cause you can use a transportation protocol with qubits and feed them into that wormhole mechanism. The physics that emerge from doing that are consistent with the physics of wormholes.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

A holographic representation of wormhole physics within a quantum computer. it’s cool and is the first experimental evidence establishing quantum tunneling and wormholes as a physical duality.

So kind of? Pretty exciting if we can go further down this path of using quantum computers to study quantum behavior and maybe figure out a theory of quantum gravity.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

the more I read about quantum behavior the less I think I could ever possibly understand it

except in a metaphorical sense where it seems like the universe was coded by loving bethesda under a time crunch

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

the more I read about quantum behavior the less I think I could ever possibly understand it

except in a metaphorical sense where it seems like the universe was coded by loving bethesda under a time crunch

You could probably if you put your mind to it. It’s just deeply non-intuitive and a lot of the bleeding edge stuff is very up it’s own rear end in a top hat with math.

That’s part of why the holographic wormhole thing is very cool. To even get to the holographic principle you have to go down a very deep mathematical rabbit hole and when you get experimental results that says it’s maybe real that’s pretty big. Most of this stuff is incredibly difficult to realize or verify with experiments. You can’t go stick a probe at a black hole event horizon or make a camera that can see poo poo down at Planck scales so instead you have to figure out weird poo poo like this experiment.

Like part of the weight behind string theory is simply finding math that solves cleanly and has pretty symmetry, instead of ending in naked singularities at extreme conditions.

Nuclearmonkee has issued a correction as of 18:22 on Dec 17, 2022

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Somber :tinylue:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I miss :tinylue:

I wonder what he's up to these days

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I miss :tinylue:

I wonder what he's up to these days

Hope patting his dogs while making BBQ

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

Hope patting his dogs while making BBQ

and asking Radar to pass him a beer

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ross says it's all over
https://twitter.com/rosscoulthart/status/1604220294448574464?s=20&t=uLfazqaB4yNW2tcW1IF9rw

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

https://thedebrief.org/physicists-prove-you-can-make-something-out-of-nothing-by-simulating-cosmic-physics/#sq_h6c9xzhlfl

This seems big. I can see all kinds of ways this could relate to high strangeness. Also has interesting parallels with eastern religions that speak about a formless eternal godhead that undergirds reality and gives rise to the material world.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

D-Pad posted:

https://thedebrief.org/physicists-prove-you-can-make-something-out-of-nothing-by-simulating-cosmic-physics/#sq_h6c9xzhlfl

This seems big. I can see all kinds of ways this could relate to high strangeness. Also has interesting parallels with eastern religions that speak about a formless eternal godhead that undergirds reality and gives rise to the material world.

Oh, that ain't physics, that's the way you do it
Get something from nothin', get your aitee

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

We got to move these building-size cigars
We got to move these UAPs

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Look at that Luis
That's the way you do it
You write the report on the UAP
Aw, that ain't workin
That's the way you do it
Get your something for nothing and your grill for free

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

these all bring me immeasurable joy

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

so i guess the MJ-12 documents are real lol

https://old.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/zoik0y/the_jfk_files_cia_director_allen_dulles_calendar/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wpzaehlVrE

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Deus ex was a documentary and the overall message that everything is real is the correct one

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm sure someone just made some really lucky guesses
about dates they couldn't have known from documents that just got declassified
holy poo poo

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

man this reality sucks