Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Almost Smart posted:

I wonder what percentage of Tesla drivers are now ashamed to own Teslas. I know not everyone is as terminally online and tuned into Elmo’s bullshit like we are, but I imagine there’s got to be more than a few people out there regretting giving this douchebag more money.

We were actually looking into getting a Tesla solar roof earlier this year, but that evaporated pretty quickly once he cranked the dipshit dial up to “total.”

lol my mom was looking to get a Tesla a few months ago but I talked her out of it because Elon is a moron and they're lovely cars. I'll ask her if she's satisfied with that choice later today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Lol apparently within the last 24 hours he restored pillow Mike's account and barely anyone noticed

I guess we know who Elon is backing for RNC chair

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Pook Good Mook posted:

But the point is that the principle of electric cars has been known for over 100 years. The problem has always been battery tech, recharging tech, and efficient motors that don't drain the battery quickly.

Tesla was responsible for heaps of tech developments that made electric cars viable. But now actual companies are catching up and there are no more inherent reasons to buy teslas.

Wasn't the technique of filling up your cars with piles of AA batteries a way to get manufacturing going more quickly, while being worse in the long run than more conventional bigger battery tech that would be slower to come out of the gate? Or maybe I'm remembering things wrong, I'm not an engineering guy.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Why would anyone care about Pillowman?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

MrQwerty posted:

I guess we know who Elon is backing for RNC chair

Mike Pillows, the ground director of the first manned Mars mission

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

goatface posted:

Hey now, Pillowman was one of the best characters of the last season of Trump.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

Mike Pillows, the ground director of the first manned Mars mission

In that he'll direct the spaceship right into the ground, after doing as much crack as humanly possible :v:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Bronze Fonz posted:

Hey now, Pillowman was one of the best characters of the last season of Trump.

Michael Pillow and Rudy Giuliani, Attorney at Large were really some great additions to the script

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

ColdPie posted:

Where do brands spend ad dollars if the places their users hang aren't interested in advertising?

No online space that achieves real scale won’t ultimately become ad-supported.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

goatface posted:

I care insofar as that he’s going to give Dominion’s lawyers all kinds of fresh material to use in their defamation case. He might even break Alex Jones record for repeatedly shooting himself in the dick. It’s going to be grand.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Lol apparently within the last 24 hours he restored pillow Mike's account and barely anyone noticed

Pillow Mike and El-on with their breakout hit album, Run The Site1.

1 into the ground.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

sticksy posted:

Pretty incredible this all took place in less than a week’s time

he's owned twitter less than 2 months

let that sink in

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Move faster and break more things

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

lol what?

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Jelly posted:

I wonder if it would be a good move to buy Tesla stock when/if Elon gets ousted as CEO.

Probably not. The stock price was only overinflated in the first place because of Musk's Real Life Iron Man persona and the cult surrounding it. If anything it might drop even further.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I'm sorry. (Clears throat)

🗣 IT SAYS, "JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT ELON MUSK MOST LIKELY HAS ASPERGERS'S SYNDROME..."

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
im nominating elong for leftist of the year for his work destroying two companies worth billiona of dollars

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

If I was General Motors or BMW I would hire the best and brightest Twitter trolls, just real helldump veterans. I would pay them a six figure salary to troll Elon all day every day and force him to respond.

A real A-Team of online dipshits wiping out hundreds of billions of dollars of Tesla stock value by tricking Elon into showing a picture of his taint or admitting he loves it when his cars burn down to own the libs.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Robo Reagan posted:

im nominating elong for leftist of the year for his work destroying two companies worth billiona of dollars

he's also really good at embarrassing known right wing piece of poo poo elon musk

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

elon is burgin' real hard. saving civilization, fighting the das volksmind virus,

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
I know this is a little off-topic, but before I found God I was a real mess. and I was a slave to my powerful urges. they were very intense! Very... carnal....

but that's all behind me now. I'm healthy are both mentally and psychologically. my only problem is George Soros. He's paying someone to mess with me. It's sick! I mean this guy is good I have no idea how he is making it around my house on noticed but somehow my vaporizer is never on me even though I try to keep it on me all the time. He has some kind of pleasure out of knowing that I know that he's watching me and there's nothing I can do about it.

but I still don't understand those QAnon crazies . Yes, it sucks to have a guy moving all your stuff around so that even though you have three pairs of scissors, you still can't find a pair but I'm not gonna go on some kind of crusade. Jesus would want me to turn the other cheek so I will. and as they say, the best revenge is living your best life. it's really not that bad. I bet it tears them up that it doesn't bother me. Hell I just laughed when he pulled the shower bottle down and made it crash into the ground at exactly 9.8 m/s. loving nano wave skin suit technology makes these fuckers, completely invisible. Meanwhile, I'm washing dishes by hand because he is monitoring the temperature inside of my dishwasher does it matter at the end of the day that my temperature date is leaking out and it's Sauris can do whatever you want with it? of course not it's just another thing we except along with the conveniences of modern society. constant surveillance.

It's not like I'm worried about the temperature getting out. No I just don't want to give him the satisfaction. Do you think I don't understand about musk is he's got a huge platform now. Why doesnt he fight back? Must be planning something pretty big covertly. It's amazing what musk has done for us when you think about it he's going after Fauci he's going after Biden. Hell I would too, if I had a face like that id be mad at the world too. I mean think about it you can avoid mirrors, but you can't hide from the grossed out reaction People get when they just look at your mug and the skin just sort of reminds them of a week old school pizza that's been devoured by rats. Just something that started out looking really bad and then got pummeled. And the sad thing is that women will sleep with you. But no kissing, and no missionary please. its gotta hurt hearing that. and real relationships are so fleeting because the fact of the matter is you have to see the other person to have a relationship with them and it's just so hard to see musk and not feel nauseated. maybe I could pull it off I don't know. I mean, even if someone has a weird and hosed up face usually there's something attractive about them musk as if you like game a fight ugly so you've got like mix of a troll hiding under a bridge and just a giant tub of Crisco. I mean it can't be easy to get in the mood after seeing something like that.

oh man, I just grossed myself out . His face is imprinted on my mind. I'm just gonna blur it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
ok

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

Move faster and break more things

"The libz were holding Twitter back! Time to marry Ian Miles Cheong and Kim Dot Com!!"

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
self-diagnosing aspergers to explain his sympathy for a total piece of poo poo like it's 2010 again

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's more likely to have some form of personality disorder. NPD would be the obvious guess.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1603985491505795072?t=byBUw6xl9K5HtcfeGE4d8g&s=19

finally, a way to amplify the weird reply guys on twitter

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Neocities firing shots.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
https://twitter.com/BriannaWu/status/1604170992406138880?s=20&t=GjF4u3ajSJwQ5quf74wI9Q

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Not legacy blue though, wouldn't want high profile women, the demographic most likely to be the victims of threats, being able to do something about their abusers.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Agents are GO! posted:

I'm sorry. (Clears throat)

🗣 IT SAYS, "JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT ELON MUSK MOST LIKELY HAS ASPERGERS'S SYNDROME..."

Yeah, but that has nothing to do with being a complete rear end in a top hat by manipulating the masses in the name of “free speech”.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

learnincurve posted:

Not legacy blue though, wouldn't want high profile women, the demographic most likely to be the victims of threats, being able to do something about their abusers.

They won't pay the price of a cup of coffee to block their harrassers?? 😂😂

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

It's kind of funny that a giant bank running things will be a step up just because they won't be doing their Roman Emperor impression with the company. And not a good or well known emperor. One of the lovely third century ones that lasted three years and nobody remembers.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

yeah but not 'ha ha' funny

E: okay a little bit

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can't imagine the bank would want much more than telling Elon to piss off and then observing in the short term. Maybe some non-exec board seats so they can assert themselves a little.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

It's kind of funny that a giant bank running things will be a step up just because they won't be doing their Roman Emperor impression with the company. And not a good or well known emperor. One of the lovely third century ones that lasted three years and nobody remembers.

The Year of the Four CEOs

Absorbs Quickly
Jan 6, 2005

And then the ArchAngel descended from heaven.

cracker posted:

And the $7500 federal tax credit for evs that basically allowed Tesla to have an extra $7500 margin in every car. They've hit the federal limit but I think California still gives a credit equal or higher to what the profit margin would be on something like a Camry. So pretty much just another tax funded rear end in a top hat.

CA has a ~$2k tax rebate, but it's for all EVs and stacks with the federal one where appropriate. Yes that means you get almost $10k off the actual price of most EVs, but not Tesla!

My "mustang" mach-e with extended range and some upgrades cost noticably less than a bare basic model 3 would have.

When I test drove the Tesla the autopilot sensor kept thinking that half the cars on the road were traffic lights flying at me. Sales dude was shocked when I passed on placing an order lmao.

Absorbs Quickly fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 17, 2022

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1603981524155912193

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Since it’s come up, Asperger’s is no longer an official diagnosis. It’s all autism now.

Asperger’s was made by Nazis to separate autistic people who were allowed to live because they could be productive workers from those who would be killed because they were too disabled.

Additionally, autism has nothing to do with Musk being a narcissistic shitbag.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Random Stranger posted:

A independent CEO will probably quickly realize that the valuable part of the pre-Elon company hasbeen gutted and it'll cost more then its worth to even attempt to put that back together and just sutter it instead of throwing good money after bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

E the Shaggy posted:

Tesla's stock drop had me curious how it compares to other car companies.

How the hell is it worth so much more than Ford and General Motors? It's more than both of them put together!

A few (stupid) theories moved Tesla into frothy as gently caress valuation territory. If you’ve hung around people that bought a lot of Tesla or read idiot analysts theory of Tesla in the last few years you’d see the following arguments for why Tesla being worth more than every other car manufacturer in the world combined wasn’t insanity.

”an idiot” posted:

Tesla isn’t a car company it’s a software company because they sell self driving.
Everyone ignores the fact that what characterizes software companies is that it costs almost nothing to add a new customer to your SaaS product whereas cars are capital intensive and margins are historically stupid thin as markets get competitive. You can’t compare Google to Tesla.

”an idiot” posted:

Tesla is a battery/energy company so it’s like Toyota + Exxon Mobile.
The truth is the vast majority of Teslas batteries are actually made by Samsung. The only batteries they made on their own were for their power wall product and their solar business isn’t exactly printing money. Tesla’s supercharger network is more like owning gas stations than owning oil fields.

”an idiot” posted:

That self driving was just around the corner and that Tesla was in the best position to capitalize.
Meanwhile, we knew 3 or 4 years ago they were significantly behind Waymo and Cruise who have all chosen a very different approach than Tesla. Tesla went from vision + radar to vision only and if rumors are to be believe back to vision + radar. The leaders are using LIDAR + vision which would double the price of a Model3.

”an idiot” posted:

That Tesla iterates faster than other automakers.
This is in fact true but also leads to long production ramp ups as Tesla works out the kinks after the cars have hit customer hands. Toyota produces 300k Camrys a year. When they redesign, they take the factories down for a couple of weeks to retool and they’re immediately back to 300k Camrys a year. Tesla can’t do that yet or at least hasn’t demonstrated it.

Essentially Tesla was way out on Electric and that’s giving them super high margins right now. Quality of their cars is still poo poo and the competition is breathing down their necks. At some point they’re going to have to invest in interiors that aren’t trash and lower prices.

There’s absolutely no way Tesla isn’t about to enter a world of pain as it slowly transforms into a a regular rear end car company at the first sign of revenue not double year over year.