Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i've changed my mind i'm glad fatshark is really bad at fixing their broken stuff

https://i.imgur.com/N9KgzFA.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if i had to guess it's some sort of stagger related thing where all those shots i put into it after knocking it over stacked, even though they didn't kill the thing or even show hit marks, and then all applied themselves simultaneously once it was "regular" again, because even though i didn't get a red x mark for a confirmed kill i still get the credit in the upper right even though i wasn't even shooting it anymore

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Do y'all use Holy Revenant (heal based on damage done during Until Death) or Faith Restores All (heal 25% of damage taken over 5s) on Zealot? I've been using Holy Revenant but I've heard Faith Restores All is good?

uncalled for!
Dec 26, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

i've changed my mind i'm glad fatshark is really bad at fixing their broken stuff

https://i.imgur.com/N9KgzFA.mp4

nyoom

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

skaianDestiny posted:

Do y'all use Holy Revenant (heal based on damage done during Until Death) or Faith Restores All (heal 25% of damage taken over 5s) on Zealot? I've been using Holy Revenant but I've heard Faith Restores All is good?

I've played around with both. FRA is good for longevity and more general use cases, but having Holy Revenant heal you to near-full after cleaving your way through a mob that would have downed you otherwise is more satisfying than I can put into words.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

dogstile posted:

Decreasing in cost was literally in the patch notes.

Okay so they released it in the dumbest way possible. If you don't roll it in however many rolls costs mats, just let us pick our blessing instead of rerolling infinitely until it does. :psyduck:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

big cummers ONLY posted:

Okay so they released it in the dumbest way possible. If you don't roll it in however many rolls costs mats, just let us pick our blessing instead of rerolling infinitely until it does. :psyduck:

Would you have preferred if the price increased?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Magitek posted:

Attn thirsty weirdos: Hadron says in one of her convos that she’s 392 years old (or was it 397? One or the other). You can do better, even in the context of 40k.
that's only a downside if you're a coward

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I'm pushing toward level 25 on Veteran, as it stands I don't understand how anyone can use anything besides Bolter or Plasma Gun, how do you handle the armored guys with a lasgun? Do you really just have to go in with the Power Sword?

Same question for autoguns really, some of the footage I've seen looks fun but not being able to hurt armored targets seems to really suck.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I don't get it. Why are the ratings different?

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'm pushing toward level 25 on Veteran, as it stands I don't understand how anyone can use anything besides Bolter or Plasma Gun, how do you handle the armored guys with a lasgun? Do you really just have to go in with the Power Sword?

Shoot them in the 'noggin

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Black Griffon posted:

Would you have preferred if the price increased?

Why would I have preferred that? Is that the complaint you got out of my post?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Floppychop posted:

I don't get it. Why are the ratings different?

The ratings are on a sliding, but the actual buff (to wound count) is rounded.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

boredsatellite posted:

Yeah at least in VT2 you got better chests out of them, right now extra cash really doesnt accomplish the same deal

Particularly when it's not even a lot of extra cash or exp, like getting even 1 Grim should double the rewards, getting both should triple or even quadruple it

BizarroAzrael posted:

Same question for autoguns really, some of the footage I've seen looks fun but not being able to hurt armored targets seems to really suck.

Outside of the two heavily armored Ogryns you can still take down armored enemies with regular Las Guns, just means you'll have to expend like half a clip or so to do so

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I would simply hit them with my axe

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Insert name here posted:

I would simply hit them with my axe

Yeah to be fair I have not unlocked the Power Sword yet but I've been planting axes in those guys skulls and that seems to work pretty well.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The armored guys with the 2 handed chainaxe and armored ragers you just torso shoot. Ogryns with armor should prolly get power sworded or psyker brain bursted. When youre playing autogun or lasgun vet your main job is to clear the field of specials and ranged enemies, which you do very well. let your zealots and psykers handle the armored guys and keep them clear.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Yeah when I run into Bulwarks or Crushers I just tag them then huck a grenade at their feet to knock them over if they're after me, then I go back to hunting shooters with extreme prejudice. You can chop them down eventually with a Power Sword, Heavy Axe, or Chainsword but I'm happy to let my team mates deal with them.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

big cummers ONLY posted:

Why would I have preferred that? Is that the complaint you got out of my post?

In your first post you bring up the cost being reduced as if it was some kind of mistake, stating that the opposite would make more sense. The probelm is that it's honestly kind of hard to figure out what you're after.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Diephoon posted:

Yeah when I run into Bulwarks or Crushers I just tag them then huck a grenade at their feet to knock them over if they're after me, then I go back to hunting shooters with extreme prejudice. You can chop them down eventually with a Power Sword, Heavy Axe, or Chainsword but I'm happy to let my team mates deal with them.

You can solo a Bulwark with an autogun, they leave themselves open to being shot and stunlocked after they swing (just dodge backwards)

Crusher is the only enemy that really needs me to switch to my power sword

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
You're also not supposed to be able to roll infinitely, that's the bug. If rolling infinitely is dumb then congrats, that's not intended and will be fixed. At the rate they're throwing out patches, probably not that far off either. They're working way faster than usual.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

dogstile posted:

You're also not supposed to be able to roll infinitely, that's the bug. If rolling infinitely is dumb then congrats, that's not intended and will be fixed. At the rate they're throwing out patches, probably not that far off either. They're working way faster than usual.

yeah, i went digging in the patch notes/blog posts because i remember them specifically saying you get something like 5 rolls with decreasing costs, although i wasn't able to turn anything up. so maybe it's just, if you want to reroll something 20 times to make it free, then fine go hog wild.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/qpJjtYv.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/trMBeKz.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/xDJHipr.mp4

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

BizarroAzrael posted:

Press F and shoot them in their brain. They won't go down as fast as with a bolter but they will go down

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

I noticed that first one pretty consistently and partly why that staircase fills up with gunners behind every railing, I bet they spawn there because the game thinks you don't have line of sight across the railings.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I've not traditionally been a knife-haver, but the Emperor gave me a knife. Base stats being sub 380 notwithstanding, this any good?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I've not traditionally been a knife-haver, but the Emperor gave me a knife. Base stats being sub 380 notwithstanding, this any good?

second blessing is a bust but the first one is very good and very important. cleave damage isn't a dump stat but that's life. reroll spring efficiency.

a very nice knife overall

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cease to Hope posted:

second blessing is a bust but the first one is very good and very important. cleave damage isn't a dump stat but that's life. reroll spring efficiency.

a very nice knife overall

why's it a bust? sounds like it'd be amazing.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I sort of feel like Zealot is trash at higher difficulties except for the dagger build which seems really good

But a dagger build feels soooo offbrand for a zealot. They should be using hammers and flamethrowers not run around with a tiny knife like some ninja

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

why's it a bust? sounds like it'd be amazing.

the heavy attacks on the bull butcher are not very good. it's a weapon where you spam lights on everything but crushers

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Cease to Hope posted:

the heavy attacks on the bull butcher are not very good. it's a weapon where you spam lights on everything but crushers

You don't do the wide light and the wide heavy over and over again?

I love doing that.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So the crashing and desyncing still happens constantly. I want to love you DarkTide but you work so hard to keep me from playing you.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

dogstile posted:

Black Griffon posted:

In your first post you bring up the cost being reduced as if it was some kind of mistake, stating that the opposite would make more sense. The probelm is that it's honestly kind of hard to figure out what you're after.

I'm not making a statement about what I'm after, I'm making a statement that it's funny that they added one tiny thing and still managed to gently caress it up. I am technically "after" what actually happened, which is slow additions to the game that still come out bugged, because that's funny. The "would you prefer if they increased mats" is something I never said or insinuated I wanted. These responses feel like stretches to find something to argue about

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Would be a pretty funny christmas gift to the riled up playerbase if they came out and said "oops we messed up the patch and you weren't supposed to be able to reroll until it was free, we'll just be limiting the already limited crafting even further"

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Fair advice on killing the big guys with lasweapons, I'm back on a recon lasgun and it's great.

I just completed all my weeklies for the first time, if I don't fancy the stuff on offer is it worth taking a randomized item? Or should I just hold on to the points until something I want shows up?

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm not making a statement about what I'm after, I'm making a statement that it's funny that they added one tiny thing and still managed to gently caress it up. I am technically "after" what actually happened, which is slow additions to the game that still come out bugged, because that's funny. The "would you prefer if they increased mats" is something I never said or insinuated I wanted. These responses feel like stretches to find something to argue about

You called how it's implemented the "dumbest possible way" and then someone asked you if you'd prefer and increasing instead, implying that if you think a decreasing price is the "dumbest" then maybe you'd prefer an increasing one.

At which point you got all aggro. But now I gotta ask: Were you A) wrong about calling a decreasing price the "dumbest" or B) Do you actually prefer an increasing price over a decreasing one? (I would call this the "dumbest" IMO but thats just me)

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

finally i dont have to use the fuckin dagger anymore

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Man, maybe I'm just an impatient fucker or something but they could double the speed at which you level and it'd still feel a touch too slow. It didn't feel quite this bad when I was playing my zealot but I'm feeling it on the veteran and I'm only level 12. They should definitely at least give you an XP bonus for having a maxed out class.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

juggalo baby coffin posted:

finally i dont have to use the fuckin dagger anymore

69% Penetration :heysexy:

Nice find

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Would be a pretty funny christmas gift to the riled up playerbase if they came out and said "oops we messed up the patch and you weren't supposed to be able to reroll until it was free, we'll just be limiting the already limited crafting even further"

fat shark would be dumb enough to do that. They probably will, too. Can't let the players have a system not be a sound rending grind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

I sort of feel like Zealot is trash at higher difficulties except for the dagger build which seems really good

But a dagger build feels soooo offbrand for a zealot. They should be using hammers and flamethrowers not run around with a tiny knife like some ninja

On the flip side, it's really funny when you do the pre-mission walk out of the drop zone and one of your team mates has the knife out. "...I'm gonna shank every motherfucker in this hab"