Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Yes but the devs have decided druids thing is insane mana manipulation so neutrals will always be a problem until they give druid something else to do.

Again, just self owning at this point really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Patrick Spens posted:

Pretty sure the real problem is that Druid can drop 36 mana worth of minions in one turn. Brann + Alastor are both neutrals but they're only a problem with one class.

Druid is the main offender but I've seen plenty of other classes drop Brann + 5-mana Astalor on turn 8

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Yeah and that's definitely strong, but the game in general is strong enough I don't think that is problematic.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Patrick Spens posted:

Yeah and that's definitely strong, but the game in general is strong enough I don't think that is problematic.
As the Hearthstone grog who was posting earlier about the halcyon days of Savannah Highmane, I personally feel like 10 Armor, a 2/4 and a 5/5 body and 32 banked damage is probably a bit much for 8 mana but that's just me.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Yeah and if it were back in good old days of Ungoro or whatever it would be insane. But it's 2022 and the Mage and the Rogue that tried that against me today died after they wasted turn 8 playing it. The overall powerlevel is high enough that Brann + Astalor is only really a problem if a Druid is using it to drop 60 on you in one turn.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Yea, Brann + Astalor is mostly fine in 10 mana decks, I outlined the scenarios before the expansion released and it's powerful and fun, and is a package that Death Knight appreciates. Brann shouldn't be played in Rogue though, only Mage tbh, maybe control paladin.

The Armor-instead-of-mana legendary in Druid is what is making the combo a touch too fast and degenerate, in addition to the card text not actually doing what it says (and what the devs on Twitter said pre-launch), where Manathirst was not supposed to be doubled up by Brann, but it actually is. Both of these issues together is making the combo in Druid way better than it should have been.

I'd instead like to see a nerf to that legendary, but with how many other nerfs that are needed, the future meta is a moving target, and it may be better to just disable Brann so that everything can sort itself out.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I don't understand why they wouldn't just move back to Wild only when he's a core card they wouldn't have to bother giving anyone dust for. I would understand waiting for rotation if it was a Barrens or Stormwind card, but its not even part of that years sets.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Im on break and have the challenge a friend quest, if anyone wants it in the next half hour hmu raphandz#1189

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Don't touch my Brann, I still want to do things like Brann + Migraine against control or Brann + Patchwerk against combo decks as DK. The issue is and will always be druid's crazy mana cheating. Druid is blocking a huge amount of design space because they're the king of all inevitability and laugh in the face of any other control attempts, i.e. triple blood DK, big spell mage, deathrattle-discard warlock, etc.

I love playing druid, but going above 10 mana is something that either all or no classes should be able to do.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Me building Plague Priest (VS List): how degenerate can this be?
Me after getting rage adds from Ramp Druids, Deathrattle Rogues, Thief Rogues, and Quest Demon Hunters: ah.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Personally, I like Brann. I like doing powerful things, and I like when games can end proactively instead of reactively (Barrens Control Priest was probably my least favorite deck to queue into). This new attrition priest is only tolerable (for me) because I can do things from hand to kill it, and you can tech against it with e.g. Starfish, Attorney at Maw if it gets too popular. People like to play 30 minute disruption-attrition-fatigue-concede games, and that's fine with me, it just isn't my style, and when it's too prevalent I check out of the game.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
Could someone help me out here? I have hit a brick wall after reaching Diamond 10 where my star bonus fell off. I only really have good legendaries for three classes. I could craft one or two if I really need to.

Demon hunter: Last season my bonus dropped at Platinum 10 but I reached D5 easily with an aggressive Demon Hunter deck. It stopped working there and now there are too many taunts around for that deck. I lucked out and got the legendary scythe but no matter how I try to adjust my deck, I just can't win.

Rogue: I tried a deathrattle deck with bombs. Too swingy, too many 40hp decks around. Also tried deck with drawing, Draka and the rogue locations. Again too many taunts.

Death Knights seem to have super long games and they still lose anyway.

Mostly my problems are against druids, priests and mages. How can you beat something like priests who consistently have something like 40/60 stats total on board by turn 5? No matter how aggressive I go, they still win.

E: I don't like looking for decks from the internet but I do adjust my decks according to what I face. So what I am mostly looking for is tips about crucial cards i might be missing from my decks against those classes or deck archetypes I might not have considered.

Valiantman fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 18, 2022

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
This world championship final is going to the turn timer, isn't it? There have been some clever plays to navigate for it, like the timing of when to delay fatigue by overdrawing Mida shards, but holy poo poo how miserable this endgame is

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
Actually, if anyone would help me refine this one or just tell me to stop bothering, I guess that would be great. I really don't like aggro decks but I don't have legendaries for most of the control decks I see so, yeah.

(I assume the starfish is odd but I just try to counter all the taunts I face.)

### Alakazam
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Sigil of Silence
# 1x (1) Dreadprison Glaive
# 2x (1) Feast of Souls
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Relic of Extinction
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 2x (2) Mark of Scorn
# 2x (2) Relic Vault
# 1x (3) Lady S'theno
# 2x (3) Relic of Phantasms
# 2x (4) Fel'dorei Warband
# 1x (4) Smothering Starfish
# 1x (4) Souleater's Scythe
# 2x (5) Deal with a Devil
# 2x (5) Relic of Dimensions
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
# 1x (8) Artificer Xy'mox
#
AAECAea5AwaHiwSEjQSNtQT7vwSq3QSVkgUM6+8DwvEDifcDtp8E1p8Er94EsN4EquIEheUEhpIFiZIFkJIFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Do you have any dust you can use for crafts?

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

3000ish dust

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
So you're pretty close to something like Fell Demon Hunter And even if you don't want to just copy another deck list, I think you really want a Jace Darkweaver as a finisher. That deck does struggle against rogues though. Depending on exactly how much dust you have you could craft Jace and the Quest and do something like Quest Demon Hunter which is what I used to get to legend and is a ton of fun to play.

You've got a bunch of cards dedicated to silencing taunts, and I'd recommend killing them instead.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Just a reminder - for those who took my advice on the Google Play points from the last thread, don't redeem your 12/30 weekly reward until 1/1 so the points count towards your *next year's* total. They don't do you any good for next year if you claim them in 2022.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Patrick Spens posted:

So you're pretty close to something like Fell Demon Hunter And even if you don't want to just copy another deck list, I think you really want a Jace Darkweaver as a finisher. That deck does struggle against rogues though. Depending on exactly how much dust you have you could craft Jace and the Quest and do something like Quest Demon Hunter which is what I used to get to legend and is a ton of fun to play.

You've got a bunch of cards dedicated to silencing taunts, and I'd recommend killing them instead.

Hmm, yeah, that is pretty close. I do have Jace since my previous aggro deck was most just fel spells and face damage. How does that +2 spell damage minion work there? It won't stay alive a single turn, will it?

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
It's not meant to. You mostly use it with Unleash Fell as a boardclear/heal or with Fell Barrage to ship a bunch of damage to the face.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
The +2 spell damage minion is mostly only good for Unleash Fel as a board clear and heal after turn 4. Casting the Bound Soul, playing the minion, and casting both Unleash Fels is just six mana and can wreck someone's game.

efb

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Oh, right. I'm too much in "go face" mindset. Also I had not noticed Unleash Fel is "all enemies" instad of just minions. :aaa:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The idea is to stay alive and keep discounting until you either get through casting all your relics and have some big spirits to force through or you can get a spell damage plus Jace turn that clears their board , fel barrages them and let’s you swing for the last 15

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Silvermoon Arcanist also turns Fel Barrage into absurd face damage if you can keep the board clear.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Yeah it's really a combo deck. As soon as you have discounted 2 spell damage minions, you have the aoe spell and a couple of other damage spells you drop the minions, clear the board with aoe so all the ' hits the lowest health enemy' stuff hits the enemy hero and win. You can easily do 30 or even close to 40 from hand. The rest of the deck is just there to draw and discount and to keep you alive.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Im mad because i didnt realise you couldnt dust signature cards and my second legendary was a signature legendary that im never going to use

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

As far as I’m aware, signatures are on their own tier of opening odds so aren’t replacing a ‘normal’ legendary when you get them. Even if you won’t use it it’s at least stopping you from opening a regular version of the card from now on so it’s a small bonus.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blasmeister posted:

As far as I’m aware, signatures are on their own tier of opening odds so aren’t replacing a ‘normal’ legendary when you get them. Even if you won’t use it it’s at least stopping you from opening a regular version of the card from now on so it’s a small bonus.

They did replace them in the mega pack though, which is bullshit

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

GTO posted:

Yeah it's really a combo deck. As soon as you have discounted 2 spell damage minions, you have the aoe spell and a couple of other damage spells you drop the minions, clear the board with aoe so all the ' hits the lowest health enemy' stuff hits the enemy hero and win. You can easily do 30 or even close to 40 from hand. The rest of the deck is just there to draw and discount and to keep you alive.

Highlight was facing the 60 Health DK who Reno'd, Naga'd Reno to get another one, and just happily chewed through all 120 health with Jace/Spirits/Fel Barrage/Spell Damage.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Blasmeister posted:

If I'm remembering right, signatures "replace" a common when you unpack them.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
New patch notes are up.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Wow, they just killed a ton of decks I like. At least it's a ton of dust refunded.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
3 mana is a much fairer cost for two stealthed 7/7s.

Toxfin at 6 feels real bad to roll into as something taking up the 6 cost slot. Would prefer they did something different.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bless priest, death rattle rogue, and quest DH all look like they’ve been swung at. No idea if they survive. Glad Anub’Rekhan was messed with

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I don't think I've seen a class gutted like Rogue just was, goodness

The Anub nerf...doesn't even stop the max damage combo :cripes:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The Renathal nerf is a really big deal. Having a bunch of decks go from 40 starting life to 30 starting life can potentially change a ton of stuff in unpredictable ways.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Aww, they hit Valishj. Good riddance to bless priest, but I really liked that busted wisp

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Luff posted:

Aww, they hit Valishj. Good riddance to bless priest, but I really liked that busted wisp

this nerf in particular makes me sad

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Renethal is still good, I think. The extra life is nice but it's the extra cards that really matter. SUPER HAPPY to see Tome Tampering banned in Wild. The Obliterate change could go either way. Don't really care about the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

AnacondaHL posted:

I don't think I've seen a class gutted like Rogue just was, goodness

Voyage Warrior says hi