Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

:bisonyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
The font aint that bad lol

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Finally coming to Switch. Really sucks the physical version is exclusive to the Square Enix store.

It’s $25 for shipping lol.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Palmtree Panic posted:

Finally coming to Switch. Really sucks the physical version is exclusive to the Square Enix store.

It’s $25 for shipping lol.

lol square

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Is there gonna be the option to buy individually? I wouldn’t mind PR3 but I’m not over the moon about the 1/2 remasters compared to the other versions.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://twitter.com/FF16_JP/status/1604325583004917765

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
glad my eyes are not too weak to handle the pixel remaster font

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Vikar Jerome posted:

I think it's really a testament to the general quality of the pixel remaster that the only thing people can really complain about is the font.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Booky posted:

:pray: please god fix the font

edit: no..... no!!!! https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1604358081713803264

Oh wonderful, they get to spread their curse across multiple consoles!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm still wondering why it wasn't a simultaneous pc/console release.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

SettingSun posted:

Dopes like me who are considering buying them again on switch.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

SettingSun posted:

To trick me into buying the mobile version first

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I feel like with a Steamdeck I wont need to buy these again.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

SettingSun posted:

My guess, it was a game plan to replace the old versions first. They only hit the PC and Steam, the only ones with versions already there that they then took offline.

Maybe just inscrutible marketing calls, maybe just prioritizing, maybe those FF5 and 6 ports genuinely had a problem that warranted priority replacement.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

infraboy posted:

I feel like with a Steamdeck I wont need to buy these again.

Well yeah, you can just install emudeck and put the original games on it!

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Vikar Jerome posted:

im imagining it handheld on a switch and im pretty sure its just gonna be ant sized

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

About drat time!!!!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cleretic posted:

I think it's really a testament to the general quality of the pixel remaster that the only thing people can really complain about is the font.

Just because it could've been worse doesn't meant that it's good so far

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Wah. Wah. Wah.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
:-(

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
That font is a crime.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Im gonna start referring to women as “woman (person)” from now on. Like a weirder version of how incels and PUAs refer to them as females.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I own a PS5, a PC, and a Switch and I aint buying those remasters cause they're not on Xbox.

Im kidding, I wouldn't buy them anyway since they lack content. Again, I mean. I wouldn't buy them again.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Relax Or DIE posted:

glad my eyes are not too weak to handle the pixel remaster font

(The font is fine)

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Absolutely devoed they're not Ivalice Moogles.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Barudak posted:

I own a PS5, a PC, and a Switch and I aint buying those remasters cause they're not on Xbox.

Im kidding, I wouldn't buy them anyway since they lack content. Again, I mean. I wouldn't buy them again.

I'm going to buy them on my PS5

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FrostyPox posted:

Absolutely devoed they're not Ivalice Moogles.

The Loporitts will return

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Very dumb to make physical editions a limited release exclusive to the site. I guess there’s no reason to double dip on Switch if I can’t get a physical.

The font isn’t the only thing wrong with the PR, they have a weird scrolling issue. It’s very evident when the camera zooms out on the world map and pans around. Not really a game breaking thing but it’s there.

In good news it’s possible that Square got the hint about the font.

https://twitter.com/rpgsite/status/1604479766861852672?s=46&t=IUC4qKu4loU4eG7SVrQcXg

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I purchased them once and I’ll do it again.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I really dont know what the font issue is supposed to be

Anyway cant wait to play them, especially since the ff1 remaster is truer to the source magic wise

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

mandatory lesbian posted:

I really dont know what the font issue is supposed to be

Anyway cant wait to play them, especially since the ff1 remaster is truer to the source magic wise

Don't know about everyone else, but I just have a hard time parsing it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Looks like rear end especially the character names. if you're going to modernize it at least give it an attractive font

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
They removed all the screenshots with the font on the SE website. Maybe they were just reusing the steam screenshots?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Seems hard to read, especially now that they're expecting it to be read from further away on a TV screen. The letters really need to be wider if nothing else.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It's just too small for the text boxes, making them feel big and empty and it's weird. I suppose arguably you could call it future proofing in case something has a really long name, but ideally the text would auto-resize in that situation anyway.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's a remake of the games called 'pixel remaster' and they used the an ugly narrow font that doesn't fit the aesthetic of the games, look good on it's own terms or is even particularly readable. It's not the end of the world but it was a conpletely unforced error that would be trivial to fix

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
jrpgs are games about menus so the menus should look good

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I stopped playing after the tutorial in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite because the font was nearly unreadable. Not only is it stupidly thin, but you could fit an entire letter between e v e r y c h a r a c t e r

It's much more readable in HD on PPSSPP than the original resolution though. This doesn't show how bad it was on real hardware.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I keep waiting for them to fix the airship graphics in 4 and 6. The Falcon's horizontal and vertical sprites in 4 are out of whack after you get the drill, and the airships in 6 don't drop from the sky, they roll in from the horizon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnrVCY8IIzo