Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

I was all for France but a really nice Argentinian is sat next to me at the bar so now I want them to win. fortunate that France hasn't even shown up to the final.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
messi is gonna win the world cup and then die of mystery flulike virus because giroud shot a snot rocket into his mouth

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

TheRat posted:

My brain was broken many games ago, this is just the cherry on top

u should submit a formal complaint to fifa

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

TheRat posted:

My brain was broken many games ago, this is just the cherry on top

You can make all the excuses france is playing like poo poo and argentina is playing well op

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

The complaints about flopping and preferential treatment are giving off an incredibly strong “I am shocked to find there is gambling going on in this establishment” vibes.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

HallelujahLee posted:

I think france currently losing is breaking your brain

Their brain has been broken from the very start of the tournament

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

u should submit a formal complaint to fifa

I have bad news about the FIFA corruption investigation department

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Go Argentina

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i want to see stats of miles/km run from argentina vs french players. feels like france are just chilling most of the time. first 5 minutes they were getting it but i guess their covid got the better of them.

can't they afford paxlovid

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Has Mbappé done anything in the last 3 matches?

Anonymous against England
Invisible against Morocco
Useless tonight

Fuckin French Fraud

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

HallelujahLee posted:

You can make all the excuses france is playing like poo poo and argentina is playing well op

France are playing like poo poo, nobody needs to excuse that - and for the record I'm not a fan of France at all. My rage against the machine has been going all tournament because of the shocking refs. Ronaldo got the same treatment in terms of pens for dives and it just completely ruins football.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

i want to see stats of miles/km run from argentina vs french players. feels like france are just chilling most of the time. first 5 minutes they were getting it but i guess their covid got the better of them.

they look absolutely dreadful, have lost all coordination too

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

peanut- posted:

The advanced stats are not telling the real story of rampant referee corruption

https://twitter.com/xGPhilosophy/status/1604505167713402882?s=20&t=-4MhEMw7mNXFFm8wNrozCw

Argentina have paid off the xG advanced stats people

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the argentina economy is collapsing because they spent all their money on plane tickets

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

An absolute shambles

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

greazeball posted:

Useless tonight

Fuckin French Fraud

yeah he hasnt had a great tournament in the knockouts

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TheRat posted:

France are playing like poo poo, nobody needs to excuse that - and for the record I'm not a fan of France at all. My rage against the machine has been going all tournament because of the shocking refs. Ronaldo got the same treatment in terms of pens for dives and it just completely ruins football.

im with you on this one, ronaldo wouldnt have set that bullshit scoring in five world cups record if not for blatant diving to win a penalty

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

even taking that arguable penalty out it's still 1-0 with 90% Argentina possession so

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

vyelkin posted:

im with you on this one, ronaldo wouldnt have set that bullshit scoring in five world cups record if not for blatant diving to win a penalty

messi winning this will put him on suicide watch

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Famethrowa posted:

even taking that arguable penalty out it's still 1-0 with 90% Argentina possession so

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

vyelkin posted:

Yep, it's absolutely insane to me that they spent so much money on VAR and whatever other tech and just completely refuse to call out the most obvious bullshit

Lemon
May 22, 2003

TheRat posted:

is it possible the refs are just poo poo

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Hearing reports that France had lasagna for dinner last night. Wenger is a FIFA guy now…

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

look just because france is free throwing it back to argentina

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

can't they afford paxlovid

The staredown in the first quarter that lasted a solid few seconds was great

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
rabiot and tchouameni have been garbage, just hopeless defending and totally unable to get the ball to france's actual good players like grease man and mbappe

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

:pray: Praise Be To Messi :pray:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

messi winning this will put him on suicide watch

Oh dear. What a shame. :geno:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

That 2nd Argentine goal was a thing of beauty. loving refs.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Come on loving France

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

greazeball posted:

Useless tonight

Fuckin French Fraud

He was very good in the games up until England, where he did nothing, but he did have a hand in both goals against Morocco.

I understand there will be a lot of conspiracy talk about the "covid", refs etc but I think it is also quite likely that France are just playing badly against a team of extremely well motivated Argentinians captained by the best player of all time who are giving them absolutely zero time on the ball.

Argentina have been very good all tournament at pressing aggressively with their midfield and then the defenders pressing aggressively after that, it's like a double wall that no team in the tournament has been able to live with or attack outside of 1) Holland going route 1 after bringing on a giant, and 2) Saudi Arabia lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Amazed that qat____ar and fifa didn't manage to get half time extended to crowbar in an awful HT show

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

sweet thursday posted:

That 2nd Argentine goal was a thing of beauty. loving refs.

It looked as though Lloris could have got to it if he had gone forward for the through ball

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Lemon posted:

is it possible the refs are just poo poo

nah its definetly a conspiracy

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Argentina can have the world cup as a consolation prize in return for not getting the Falklands

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

man julian is loving booking it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
france look like merde

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Samadhi posted:

:pray: Praise Be To Messi :pray:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Her Dryer posted:

He was very good in the games up until England

Eh, Mbappe did quite a lot against England. He was heavily involved in their goals, and the tied up a bunch of players that marked him leaving huge space for others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

France is not doing themselves any favors at the start of the 2nd half either. They 100% deserve to lose this.