Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Angelo Badalamenti died :smith: He composed all the music for Twin Peaks as well as working with David Lynch on several other projects. NIN were coming on stage to his track The Fireman from Twin Peaks season 3 in 2017 when I saw them last:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot-6xlS803E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

Rageaholic posted:

Angelo Badalamenti died :smith:
R.I.P legend

Not sure that this is the right thread, but I made a shirt with stuff I had at home since I can't afford the ones in the NIN store lol

The lines are straight even if they look really wonky in the photo, but the stencil for the Sin logo bled through in two places :doh:

e. just realized the second photo is flipped

MIDWIFE CRISIS fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 16, 2022

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MIDWIFE CRISIS posted:

R.I.P legend

Not sure that this is the right thread, but I made a shirt with stuff I had at home since I can't afford the ones in the NIN store lol

The lines are straight even if they look really wonky in the photo, but the stencil for the Sin logo bled through in two places :doh:

I think it looks good and you should be proud of it!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MIDWIFE CRISIS posted:

R.I.P legend

That rules! I wish I was that talented.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Had to resist the urge to make this instead

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Has anyone read the 33 1/3 book on Pretty Hate Machine (or any of the 33 1/3 books)? I just picked up some band bio books and it made me think of that series again. I’m just wondering if they’re worth it, or garbage.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

I remember not liking it. It felt like someone who had been assigned a project of writing about 'Pretty Hate Machine' and did a deep dive into the Readers Guide to Periodic Literature.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

i have a half dozen of them (not pretty hate machine, tho) and the writing quality is all over the place. some get into really interesting context about the making of the album and what the band was doing creatively before and during the recording, but some of them are just bullshit filler/pr-fluff band history before a list of every track and really generic descriptions of how they sound. my impression of the series is that it definitely feels like a cash grab that occasionally manages to do something good, but i wouldn't count on it. i'd have felt ripped off if i hadn't paid a quarter each.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Another Ilan drum cam video is out now :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=367PSmWooXQ

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

algebra testes posted:

Someone repost that Terrible Nog goon lyric

I don't remember that one, but I did this for the thread back in... holy poo poo, 2016.

The Perfect Nog posted:

I got my eggs but the yolks are unraveling
Can’t keep the heavy cream from clotting while I’m traveling
I got my milk but my milk’s no good
The nutmeg tastes like shavings made of wood

I mix it all but I don’t know just how much to heat
It shouldn’t boil but it’s frothing, steaming, getting beat
Turn off the stove pull the pan from the range
The more I have to taste, the more I crave!

And I want you!

You are the perfect nog, the perfect nog, the perfect nog!

You make me warm when I’m all cold inside
I see the bourbon didn’t get left aside
The sugar goes straight to my heart
Without it everything seems slightly tart…

My stomach wants to say hello to you!
My thirst is ready to be slaked by you!
My eyes are so afraid to realize
how very little there is left to drink…

And I want you!

You are the perfect nog, the perfect nog, the perfect nog!

toast me… toast me with you…
without you… holiday cookies fall apart
without you… it’s not as much fun to clean up the kitchen.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/soundtrackinguk/status/1607498316731785216

https://audioboom.com/posts/8221344-episode-344-trent-reznor-atticus-ross-return

Trent and Atticus were on a podcast!

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Great listen so far - also around 29 minutes in did Trent announce they're scoring David Fincher's new film? Three Trent and Atticus scores in the space of 12 months? :popeye:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Carpet posted:

Great listen so far - also around 29 minutes in did Trent announce they're scoring David Fincher's new film? Three Trent and Atticus scores in the space of 12 months? :popeye:
I heard that too! And at the end, Trent says they're also finishing up another Luca Guadagnino movie too :monocle:

Jesus, these guys never stop working and I'm so glad they don't.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm a goddamn time traveler from the late 90s and I want a NIN poster. Where did you all get yours, and which ones do you recommend for someone who has fond memories of early-to-YZ-era? Ordering custom prints sounds cool but I'd like the money to go to someone or something that really needs it. I'd rather not gently caress with Amazon, I'll consider Etsy.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Pollyanna posted:

I'm a goddamn time traveler from the late 90s and I want a NIN poster. Where did you all get yours, and which ones do you recommend for someone who has fond memories of early-to-YZ-era? Ordering custom prints sounds cool but I'd like the money to go to someone or something that really needs it. I'd rather not gently caress with Amazon, I'll consider Etsy.

I remember getting my posters from Hot Topic, Sam Goody and Tower Records

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hot Topic is still around at least. The corpse of Sam Goody is too if you can find an FYE in your area code.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ideally something a little more tasteful than Hot Topic, I’m in my 30s :gonk:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

Ideally something a little more tasteful than Hot Topic, I’m in my 30s :gonk:

Fair, but they do have some things that aren't awful. Looks like Hot Topic and FYE don't have posters and when you look for nine inch nails on Spencer's gifts you just get a bunch of dildoes.

If you have a local used record shop or independent store give them a look, they may have some vintage or repros.

If you already have the image and just need a large format printer a FedEx Office can do it, in my experience they won't slam the copyright alarm if you're just getting a single print made.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

When I decorated my room with posters-but-in-an-adult-way-with-frames-and-everything I mostly bought them on eBay. You can find "new old stock" promo posters (i.e. old posters that were never displayed) for twentyish bucks, gig posters for a couple hundred depending on the artists. If you're lucky sometimes one of those five-foot-high "subway" posters comes up, but they tend to get pretty pricey.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Midjack posted:

when you look for nine inch nails on Spencer's gifts you just get a bunch of dildoes.

New thread title

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

This Is the Zodiac posted:

When I decorated my room with posters-but-in-an-adult-way-with-frames-and-everything I mostly bought them on eBay. You can find "new old stock" promo posters (i.e. old posters that were never displayed) for twentyish bucks, gig posters for a couple hundred depending on the artists. If you're lucky sometimes one of those five-foot-high "subway" posters comes up, but they tend to get pretty pricey.

It’s a little hard to tell what’s legit and what’s just people printing poo poo off, but I did find a couple cool things on eBay so far.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/350759046289
https://www.ebay.com/itm/380789242533
(cool but unrelated: https://www.ebay.com/itm/203232563848)

I assume by “gig poster”, you mean ones for specific concerts and venues. Gig posters don’t mean a whole lot to me unless it’s a gig I was personally at, and I’ve only seen them at Boston Calling which didn’t have one. Maybe I’ll save up for a gig poster if they ever tour again…

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Midjack posted:

Fair, but they do have some things that aren't awful. Looks like Hot Topic and FYE don't have posters and when you look for nine inch nails on Spencer's gifts you just get a bunch of dildoes.

If you have a local used record shop or independent store give them a look, they may have some vintage or repros.

If you already have the image and just need a large format printer a FedEx Office can do it, in my experience they won't slam the copyright alarm if you're just getting a single print made.

We certainly have a lot of used record shops here in Boston. I’ll hit them up sometime. Might check Newbury Comics too.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

just watched bones and all, went in blind, had no idea t&a did the soundtrack until the very end when it became very, very obvious. a couple times throughout i swore i recognized a few trent-isms in the score but figured it was coincidence. anyway, great movie. really hosed up, and the cinematography and color grading alone make it a joy to watch, but the score absolutely elevates it. do NOT watch the trailer

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Dec 30, 2022

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Passing a Trent audition must be the most demanding position in the industry at this point
gotta be able to swap in on every other instrument on stage and do backing vocals

I remember reading his comments somewhere about being pissed that Aaron North showed up with lovely gear or something similar but as soon as he started playing he really liked his style. Hope the guy's doing okay, wherever he is, his version of Big Come Down on BYIT is incredible and I'll always like Robin but holy poo poo was Aaron North a great fit for NIN. Last I heard he was really struggling with his mental health and living in his car? Tragic as hell. Was incredible seeing him live with NIN.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I have this one hanging up

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

"I've got my first, I've got my plan, I've got Stable Diffusion"

and since I am posting AI in the NIN thread, here's non AI from my actual walls.

e: argh, off center prints. oh well. my life is loving chaos.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

Cabbages and Kings posted:

argh, off center prints.
oh well!
my life is loving chaos

I think I remember this With Teeth b-side

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

There’s great posters out there for sure but I’d need to find really high DPI scans if I wanted to print them off.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Cabbages and Kings posted:

"I've got my first, I've got my plan, I've got Stable Diffusion"

and since I am posting AI in the NIN thread, here's non AI from my actual walls.

Well, that actually put me in mind to check if Rob Sheridan had anything kicking around on his site cause I had a vague memory of him a while back pointing out old poster stock or something somewhere, but apparently I was wrong about that.

What he does have is a lot of prints that have the right kinda vibe anyway, so I'll toss up a couple links to his stores:

https://robsheridan.storenvy.com/
https://robsheridan.threadless.com/collections/art-prints

ytisomauq
Dec 15, 2000

neongrey posted:

Well, that actually put me in mind to check if Rob Sheridan had anything kicking around on his site cause I had a vague memory of him a while back pointing out old poster stock or something somewhere, but apparently I was wrong about that.

What he does have is a lot of prints that have the right kinda vibe anyway, so I'll toss up a couple links to his stores:

https://robsheridan.storenvy.com/
https://robsheridan.threadless.com/collections/art-prints

I have a similar memory--I'm not sure where it came from, but I have a folder in my "desktop wallpaper" directory filled with various sized NIN images, some used in album art going as far back as The Downward Spiral and up through Year Zero. The filenames are all "Flump_178.jpg" to "Flump_234.jpg" in the 2400x1800 and 2560x1600 collection and "Flump_247.jpg" to "Flump_284.jpg"in 1920x1200, 1920x1440 collection. They have a 2008 date on them, as well.

It looks like they are all here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nineinchnails/albums/72157609404567115/

Edit: the Flickr account has more images, going back to Sin and further to Ghosts and The Slip.

ytisomauq fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 1, 2023

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UtT-RgHxlM

This came up in my recommended feed, and it ain't wrong.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
:perfect:

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Another Ilan Rubin drum cam!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zky1YrPHv5

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

What's the largest audience they've played for? I assume Woodstock, but apart from that what are like the biggest venues they've played?

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Not counting festivals I think the biggest venues they've played were the amphitheatres on the With Teeth tour, which were like 20-30K seats. I don't know if they sold any of them out though.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Has there been any news or history of the definitive editions being repressed? I've finally got a new turntable and have a chance to play my OG Year Zero pressing and would like the other albums too.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 36 minutes!

This Is the Zodiac posted:

Not counting festivals I think the biggest venues they've played were the amphitheatres on the With Teeth tour, which were like 20-30K seats. I don't know if they sold any of them out though.

went to three dates on that tour and they EXTREMELY did not sell them out

a friend who works in venues told me that most bit venues love booking NIN because their operation is always the most professional and efficient, and that they either sell enough seats to make it worth it and if they don’t fans are good enough about buying merch and concessions

also might have heard about a coheadliner with a similar band in 2023/2024.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
the nin/coldplay co-headlining tour i've been dreaming of...

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Sai-kun posted:

the nin/coldplay co-headlining tour i've been dreaming of...

had to see...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Fwp2lNXeU

it exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

John Romero posted:

went to three dates on that tour and they EXTREMELY did not sell them out

a friend who works in venues told me that most bit venues love booking NIN because their operation is always the most professional and efficient, and that they either sell enough seats to make it worth it and if they don’t fans are good enough about buying merch and concessions

also might have heard about a coheadliner with a similar band in 2023/2024.

I saw the With Teeth tour in SLC. I had no chance at getting a t-shirt/hoody/anything, QoTS was so drunk on stage (or pretending to be) everyone raided the merch booths. That was my first NiN concert, I had a huge grin on my face the whole show. The venue wasn't sold out at all, I bought tickets the day before and had some pretty awesome seats something like 2 or 6 rows back from GA. Perfect view of the screen they dropped down for the laser light show/effects