Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

geese are to birds what goats are to mammals, which is to say they own and are very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mongeese are okay

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Very good in a curry

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

The main animal on my poo poo list atm is deer, especially the one that had been tearing apart my tree seedlings and chewing up my flax plantings

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Luckily deer are delicious.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

rats on stilts

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Progressive JPEG posted:

rats on stilts

Is that a menu name for deer skewer kebabs?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Chalupa Joe posted:

Bag that, a pheasant and a brace of rabbits and you have the start of a rich game pie.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Chalupa Joe posted:

Goddamn are they what

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Covid-19: 60,000 vaccine doses expire within weeks

Can I have one of them? Still no? Ok

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

Best bit is that headline and URL were wrong and it's actually 600,000.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
no, but you can have a little covid instead

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
If they keep the "no covid for 3 months prior" requirement for a booster if it's expanded to everyone, no one will ever be eligible lmao

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
I have the covid

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

"Petousis-Harris said there were likely several reasons for the stalled booster uptake, including a degree of vaccination fatigue."

oh, so not the fact that the majority of people just straight up can't get one

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Ghostlight posted:

"Petousis-Harris said there were likely several reasons for the stalled booster uptake, including a degree of vaccination fatigue."

oh, so not the fact that the majority of people just straight up can't get one

it's probably not because the government has basically told everyone it's just a flu

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
While I don't seem to have flu symptoms, this sinus headache doesn't seem to be going away - been days.

Although it only flares up when my blood pressure rises, like at the gym or during other... exertive pursuits.

Better not be some weird covid.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

WarpedNaba posted:

While I don't seem to have flu symptoms, this sinus headache doesn't seem to be going away - been days.

Although it only flares up when my blood pressure rises, like at the gym or during other... exertive pursuits.

Better not be some weird covid.
Oh no has our indifference invented sex COVID?

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009

Lobsterpillar posted:

Oh no has our indifference invented sex COVID?

Just when I though I was out… they pull me back in.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

ah well, at least i don't have to worry about getting vaccinated for it

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Lobsterpillar posted:

has our indifference invented sex COVID?

new thread title imo, we're about due for one

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
If it has I'm pretty sure everyone itt is safe

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
In other news I saw a townhouse that had been built along my commute is up for rent. I'm not looking, but curious as to the cost... $650 week (Christchurch). It is very close to a mall, and is also brand new, but poo poo rents have gone high.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://www.newsroom.co.nz/ideasroom/a-dismal-year-for-autocrats-raises-questions-for-nz

quote:

The year 2022 was also the year that the Xi Jinping regime’s draconian Covid policy succeeded in further complicating the Chinese Communist Party’s relationship with Chinese society.

The “all-out people’s war to stop the spread of the virus” referenced at the 20th Communist Party Congress in October has been repudiated by country-wide protests in November. This has triggered what is arguably the biggest surprise of the year, the announcement of a significant relaxation of China’s Covid policy on December 7.

That said, having rejected the idea of using foreign-made vaccines in favour of less effective indigenous vaccines, a successful Chinese Communist Party-led path out of this self-inflicted crisis is far from guaranteed.

As Professor Andrew Nathan from Columbia University in the US has pointed out in the Wall Street Journal, “meeting the popular demand to relax the zero Covid regime runs the risk of a pandemic wildfire that could cause millions of deaths - the very outcome the regime all along sought to avoid”.

Professor Nathan notes that even assuming a highly effective Chinese mRNA vaccine is developed, there will need to be a “forcible vaccination campaign, along with a new propaganda line that normalises a certain level of transmission and death. This path is full of risk for the regime”.

[...]

The failure of China’s Marxist-Leninist political system to internalise the lessons of the SARS crisis of 2002-03 has led to a more serious pandemic from 2019-present. This has directly impacted every New Zealander's life. It has also required New Zealand to run a budget deficit that will take many years to repay.

my brother what the gently caress are you talking about

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Lobsterpillar posted:

In other news I saw a townhouse that had been built along my commute is up for rent. I'm not looking, but curious as to the cost... $650 week (Christchurch). It is very close to a mall, and is also brand new, but poo poo rents have gone high.

how many bedrooms? i'm still paying a fuckload less in chch than i was in welly 3 years ago

there's other factors than raw price to consider i guess, i was 10 mins walk to the cbd in welly which i'm not here but also the place is relatively warm and dry and in reasonable condition which my place in welly uh wasn't

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Wafflecopper posted:

how many bedrooms? i'm still paying a fuckload less in chch than i was in welly 3 years ago

there's other factors than raw price to consider i guess, i was 10 mins walk to the cbd in welly which i'm not here but also the place is relatively warm and dry and in reasonable condition which my place in welly uh wasn't
2 bedroom 2 bath 2 carpark was the amenities on the advert. Seems targeted at working couples

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

he wants to send china a bill for making the virus in a lab i guess? and also show how insanely ignorant he is of what "marxist-leninist" means?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Did any of you chch goons have a staff function in Sumner this morning? We had a goony as gently caress group in at work, I’m guessing coders, and I’d be honestly surprised if there weren’t at least one or two of them who read the forums

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I'm actually extremely cool irl

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Guessing you work at an iceblock factory or skating rink?

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
Ha, my last work do we got the whole company banned from Charlie's party bus and i received a personal ban from omarino wines. Good times.

The place I'm at now we have a drat formal lunch, speeches and everything. Boring as poo poo.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Slavvy posted:

I wish.

Business idea: combined iceblock factory and skating rink. DO NOT STEAL.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Slavvy posted:

nope just a boring rear end bar/restaurant

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I'm actually extremely cool irl

you were the stereotypical obnoxiously loud and verbose alpha nerd dominating the conversation out of overcompensating for your social insecurity weren't you

(hopefully he doesn't actually post here)

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Dec 23, 2022

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I wish.

Business idea: combined iceblock factory and skating rink. DO NOT STEAL.

the skating rink is made out of iceblock :hmmyes:

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

The zamboni is just tongues

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

gently caress y'all

I mean merry Christmas

No I meant the first thing

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Meri Kirihimete, goons.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Today on a bike ride I saw some people roasting 3 small dogs on a spit and now that I'm home my neighbor is blasting Christmas music at an obscene volume. I can't wait for this garbage to end!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Slavvy posted:

roasting 3 small dogs on a spit

what the gently caress