Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Steadiman posted:

Makes sense, if they can't debate the actual point then immediately divert to an entirely different point. Boringly predictable, was hoping for something a bit more deranged

Also no idea how true this is but I hope it is
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1604564509884030977
Goes in effect in May next year though

Twatter's annual revenue ok lol wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Noxville posted:

That's what his loopy ex-wife asked him to do, his reply was 'maybe buy it make it properly support free speech' which is clearly what he's been trying to do

Clearly

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Twibbit posted:

drat it now mstdn is down from traffic. It was just beginning to recover from the last exodus.

You can tell whenever Musk has done something dumb on Twitter whenever Mastodon starts bugging out.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

DaveWoo posted:

That's a good point - why hasn't Elon put this to a poll yet? After all, he's all about the voice of the people, right?

Too busy watching soccer in Saudi Arabia with Jared Kushner

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Steadiman posted:

Makes sense, if they can't debate the actual point then immediately divert to an entirely different point. Boringly predictable, was hoping for something a bit more deranged

20% of -$5billion?? Sounds like a win for the old musky

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Is this the coup de grace je posted about? Turning Twitter into virtual north Korea ruled by a dumber and uglier psycho dictator?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

kazil posted:

revenue is not profit

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The footie finished ages ago. He's probably eating dinner in an extremely expensive restaurant with people he hates by now.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

punishedkissinger posted:

revenue is not profit

sorry i'll try to be more factual in my super serious posts in the future

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

DaveWoo posted:

That's a good point - why hasn't Elon put this to a poll yet? After all, he's all about the voice of the people, right?

"Am I always right?"

"Yes"
"Super Yes"

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

kazil posted:

The GDPR rules are specific to revenue not profit to get around all the big companies posting negative profits year after year to avoid taxes.

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

punishedkissinger posted:

revenue is not profit

it is if you never pay any of your bills :eng101:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/BuyErasers/status/1603737252890394624?s=20&t=J22WBOSwYGMLRHYlU2SI8A

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

kazil posted:

sorry i'll try to be more factual in my super serious posts in the future

Please do, Elon musk is relying on this thread for business ideas to keep the flame of civilization alight.

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/SimoneGiertz/status/1604557137346183173

With all being said, all these increasingly dumb decisions do provide some amazing content

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Axel Serenity posted:

honestly this is kind of fun to see who all is now illegal

With the new rules, Elon will have to ban our chapter of... the National Weather Service. For telling people to go to its Facebook for a Live discussion on how to survive the arctic blast this week.

Thry would have had it on Spaces but that service has had spotty availability lately.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

I figured we could just post QR code images, but this is probably even better.

Sylvian Wastes
Jan 3, 2022

by Hand Knit
Watching the Elon Musk incompetence power hour show in this thread is the best entertainment I've had for the last 2 months!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

surprised he didnt do it a week or so ago. i follow ALOT of artists of various types and they all have to do different links to communicate and poo poo. while i am sure elon has chud motivations partly. i suspect this is him trying to 1. stem the tied of folks leaving or having off site places and 2. not understanding their isnt really "direct competion" between social media platforms really since they offer different things.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
lmao the tie a lot of people still have on this platform is that a lot of content creators they like promote their stuff on Twitter. Good job getting rid of the single thing keeping a large chunk of people on Twitter.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

It's because he blocked mastodon links due to the elonjet stuff and now twitter is doing damage control so it doesn't look like he was mad on the internet

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

surprised he didnt do it a week or so ago. i follow ALOT of artists of various types and they all have to do different links to communicate and poo poo. while i am sure elon has chud motivations partly. i suspect this is him trying to 1. stem the tied of folks leaving or having off site places and 2. not understanding their isnt really "direct competion" between social media platforms really since they offer different things.

I think he's literally just butthurt at seeing so many people posting 'find me on Mastodon' which led you the ban the other day of any links to it, and this is his attempt to make it look like a policy rather than a childish whim

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lol when even the psycho nazis realize musk is a psycho dipshit.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Noxville posted:

I think he's literally just butthurt at seeing so many people posting 'find me on Mastodon' which led you the ban the other day of any links to it, and this is his attempt to make it look like a policy rather than a childish whim

yeah. alot of artists i follow put out linktrees or "follow me on instagram or whatever". he is such a stupid petty gently caress.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

jeffreyw posted:

lmao the tie a lot of people still have on this platform is that a lot of content creators they like promote their stuff on Twitter. Good job getting rid of the single thing keeping a large chunk of people on Twitter.

this. that and dumb drama is why i am there. the second they get purged. i will probably leave. gently caress musk.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol if he didn't do that Twitter files complaining about the old regime banning trump despite not explicitly breaking the rules, he could just ban whomever he wants without adding new rules

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
lmao at how much worse it is today than it was yesterday

again

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I can’t believe Musk keeps finding ways to be entertaining without making one good post

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol when even the psycho nazis realize musk is a psycho dipshit.

They smell the loser stink.

The only people who legitimately like him are crypto tech bros, who are weird always online loners in the middle of the grifter pyramid at best and are doing their best to be Musk’s exit liquidity whenever he pump and dumps Tesla stock.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I hope Truth Social bans Twitter links in response

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

jeffreyw posted:

They smell the loser stink.

The only people who legitimately like him are crypto tech bros, who are weird always online loners in the middle of the grifter pyramid at best and are doing their best to be Musk’s exit liquidity whenever he pump and dumps Tesla stock.

the dumber nazis and chuds love him still but alot of the big brains content platformers see him as a bootkissing moron at best.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

It’s also directly shooting his new alternative revenue source right in the foot as well: someone did a datascrape and 15 of the top 20 new Twitter Blue subscribers were sex workers using the blue check amplification to promote their instagram/onlyfans/etc.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Watching Seth internet lawyer, argue with an actual lawyer has me 😝

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Steadiman posted:

Bad news for Twitter - The policy opens them up to fines.

The good news for twitter - 20% of nothing is nothing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

It’s also directly shooting his new alternative revenue source right in the foot as well: someone did a datascrape and 15 of the top 20 new Twitter Blue subscribers were sex workers using the blue check amplification to promote their instagram/onlyfans/etc.

yeah, i just sent a warning to an artist i getting stuff from and she said she will ahave to change poo poo. sucks.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Once again Revenue is not profit. All $15 of ad money and $8 of twitter blue can be used in the fine.

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.
I'd already been planning to sell my Tesla (and switch to something even more stupid, but at least made by a proper car company, like a Ford F150 Lightning or a Hummer EV) but I'm getting genuinely concerned about the price I'll be able to get for the current car used given Musk's Wild Ride.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
You know Elon is in serious negotiations with Kushner to convince Donald to :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Going to be honest, I also want one of those f150 lightnings, but until I get out of this apartment with no chargers, I am stuck with gasoline.