Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It can't be stressed enough just how valuable a service Elon is performing, by very thoroughly exploding the "ultra-rich people are all geniuses" myth

My dumbass coworker will be unfazed by the recent actions of elem musk. He is so excited for neural link!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1604482428281753601

The Postman
May 12, 2007

patiently waiting for the official linktree account to get suspended

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

learnincurve posted:

I know a 60 year old man who absolutely 100% believes the wrestling is real, no joke he will sit there and talk about general managers and cult members and goes on and on and on. Took me years to figure out he was being genuine and not pretending for my kids. I asked his elderly mother what the hell and she said “we don’t want to ruin it for him”

Yeh I have exactly the same questions about the undertaker and Kane as you do.
actually my questions were regarding the literal yeti recruited by the same man who psychically damaged hulk hogan's morality by shaving his moustache off.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Homer's Elon's Web Page

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

I like how he uses a single posts that replies to him to change his mind, instead of like seeing the millions of posts pissed off about it that are making very valid points.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1604613118751121409?s=46&t=svxBX2E7zRRBmw-Geb6TKQ

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Working on it!

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Good Sphere posted:

I like how he uses a single posts that replies to him to change his mind, instead of like seeing the millions of posts pissed off about it that are making very valid points.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1604613118751121409?s=46&t=svxBX2E7zRRBmw-Geb6TKQ

(in case you don't know, Quartering is a relatively right-wing YouTuber so it makes sense why he'd respond to this one)

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Just lmao at executing these sorts of huge sweeping policy changes on the fly. Any responsible company would put in weeks of work just to nail messaging, thinking about contingencies, exceptions etc. Just dumbfounded that policy is "whatever Elon thinks is reasonable at any given moment depending on his mood and whether anyone has recently made fun of him or not"

If I were a spaceX or Tesla investor, I would be running for the loving hills rn

E: not to mention what's going on behind the scenes with messaging to his employees. This has to be like working in the Trump white house.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Buff Hardback posted:

(in case you don't know, Quartering is a relatively right-wing YouTuber so it makes sense why he'd respond to this one)

Nope I did not know. Yeah, that’s believable, though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Good Sphere posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1604615711036407809

lol

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Maybe ol' Elon can create a TwitterLinks subscription and rake in all the money

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
twitter has less users than and less income that Pinterest, a site entirely designed around linking to other websites and content. Having been on Pinterest just now it turns out I can add about 9 different variations of cute and funny animal topics to my home feed so really that'll do me.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Buff Hardback posted:

Pulling back the policy because it effects the dweebs he really wants to be his friend

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
My company does weeks worth of impact assessments and risk meetings if they want to change the outgoing message for the customer service line. Musk just sort of makes a declaration and company policy has to bend to facilitate it, it is very Trump like behavior.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

How is he SO loving BAD at this?

He has to be stressing the gently caress out about the falling TSLA price right? Between that and tanking Twitter revenue panicking and trying to find a solution.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/SatisfactoryAF/status/1604561218710245378

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Frank Frank posted:

Just lmao at executing these sorts of huge sweeping policy changes on the fly. Any responsible company would put in weeks of work just to nail messaging, thinking about contingencies, exceptions etc. Just dumbfounded that policy is "whatever Elon thinks is reasonable at any given moment depending on his mood and whether anyone has recently made fun of him or not"

It's called "authoritarianism". It's very effective.

Very quick. Agile. Move fast and break things.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Frank Frank posted:

If I were a spaceX or Tesla investor, I would be running for the loving hills rn

E: not to mention what's going on behind the scenes with messaging to his employees. This has to be like working in the Trump white house.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1604616863673208832

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1604617643973124097?s=46&t=-45FXxn7zV97JAfKO3hQLw

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Also Quatering is a nazi

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Oh gently caress off you absolute coward. Either do it or don't do it, this wishy-washy poo poo is so weak. Maybe have a poll about it too you baby. Imagine this guy saying to his wife that he's the alpha in the relationship.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
e:fb

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

I honestly thought this was fake, this can't be legal?

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
Has George Hot figured out how to fix the search yet?

MiracleFlare posted:

lmfao holy poo poo I tried to set up an Instagram account because I knew some people were posting pet photos and art there. The moment I sent a verification code I was immediately suspended for reasons not explained to me and now they want me to take a selfie to complete the ban appeal process

gently caress Twitter but also gently caress Instagram/Facebook
IG and FB will perma-ban you for responding to the request. They use FBs face matching algorithm thing and phone records to try to ban people who had or currently have accounts. Even if you have never had an account, they'll still ban you, your number, your email, your face, and your ID/passport from signing up. FB will ask for your passport or ID if you try to make a new account now, but they'll just ban you anyway. It's dumb as hell, and they wonder why users are down (because nobody can make an account). I looked this up when FB refused to let me make a new account, and nearly every response was someone in the same situation.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

hahahaha and in 12 hours we'll get a new poll because the last one had too many options

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
lmao

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lol lmao bruh bra

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The fact that he made this poll in and of itself is a huge flashing red sign to remove him IMMEDIATELY. He'll have bots rig the result I'm sure but abso-loving-lutely step down you lunatic.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

gently caress i already deleted my account and can't vote no

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

please please please let the no vote win

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

85% yes

15% No

"My mom says I should stay, so I'm going to stay."

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

trending no already :\

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What the gently caress is happening behind the scenes today

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
currently 55 NO

nice

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

yes!!!

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

GreenBuckanneer posted:

ohhhhhh from where it started, Yes is gaining fast

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

PITY BONER posted:

Has George Hot figured out how to fix the search yet?

IG and FB will perma-ban you for responding to the request. They use FBs face matching algorithm thing and phone records to try to ban people who had or currently have accounts. Even if you have never had an account, they'll still ban you, your number, your email, your face, and your ID/passport from signing up. FB will ask for your passport or ID if you try to make a new account now, but they'll just ban you anyway. It's dumb as hell, and they wonder why users are down (because nobody can make an account). I looked this up when FB refused to let me make a new account, and nearly every response was someone in the same situation.

I have a new totally anonomous Facebook account for my snakes because it turns out there is a bug where if you told FB to gently caress off when they first started to ask for personal information a decade or so ago they sort of put that first account in stasis, but because you have an account they let you create a new one with everything unlocked.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Meatball posted:

85% yes

15% No

"My mom says I should stay, so I'm going to stay."

He'll appoint himself to some other position which will ostensibly be President and CEO and appoint someone else in name only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

hmm. what "previous doxxing" could he be talking about

ah.