Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

How does he keep finding a new level of stupidity this is incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
JFC

This whole hullabaloo for

"Which effectively falls under the no spam clause"

Utter ignorance, face value dropkick

Big brain genius right here

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

YES is going to win, and it will be winning within an hour

er... minutes

MasterSitsu fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 19, 2022

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
SA mods be like, no keep going, you making us look awesome here.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MasterSitsu posted:

YES is going to win, and it will be winning within an hour

noooo

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Somehow this saga gets stupider and stupider not only with each passing day but with sometimes after a few hours. I took a nap and now we're asking the bot-filled hivemind if Elon should step down jesus this is the most idiotic timeline.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

No is slightly ahead, probably going to win.

lol good company you got going there elon

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

*stirs the twitter pot*

*leaves*

*not responsible for whatever twitter does once the proceedings take place in 2023 because of that*

I guess idk how that kind of law works

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

what the hell

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Anyone who votes yes gets banned next

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Vox Post, Vox through it

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Flying into the World Cup final is a normal rich guy thing to do and he can't stop posting instead

The Postman
May 12, 2007

There's no way he actually wants to step down from his 44 billion dollar admin role lmao

I almost want yes to win just to watch him post through it and blame the results on bots or claim he "did it for the lulz"

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

yes is in the lead!

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

He'll appoint himself to some other position which will ostensibly be President and CEO and appoint someone else in name only

"Founder and Grand Techno-Wizard, Burner of Teslas, Thief of Credit, Breaker of Social Media and Clown of Clowns. And his name shall be... KILL 44 BILLION DOLLARS."

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

PITY BONER posted:

IG and FB will perma-ban you for responding to the request. They use FBs face matching algorithm thing and phone records to try to ban people who had or currently have accounts. Even if you have never had an account, they'll still ban you, your number, your email, your face, and your ID/passport from signing up. FB will ask for your passport or ID if you try to make a new account now, but they'll just ban you anyway. It's dumb as hell, and they wonder why users are down (because nobody can make an account). I looked this up when FB refused to let me make a new account, and nearly every response was someone in the same situation.

In hindsight they're probably dinging me on my similarly-failed attempt to sign up for IG several years ago (it would not accept my e-mail for some reason) or my even older FB account that's been languishing since 2012, but yeah like hell I'm gonna show them my face or my ID lol

It's a little sad because if I can ever learn Tagalog I'd like to reconnect with family overseas (who exclusively use FB) but on the other hand given the way they giggle and gossip about my queer cousin I think I'm just dodging a bullet

goddammit gimme my archive data already so I can laugh at Elon until he bans me

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

comedy is legal again

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Lol if he steps down so someone else can take the blame when Twitter dies.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yes is going to a commanding lead

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Extending the light of consciousness directly into his butthole.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
You know, he could have hired some PR/social media whiz to organize all this poo poo for him but instead he’s just plowing through it like a dog in a bowling alley.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

What is latin for "I am an insufferable piss bitch who wants to own slaves" because I want to make an account just to tweet it at him.

Also gently caress his mom because she failed at being a parent.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
"no" is a better investment for more lols in the long run but either way this will be hilarious

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I know I shouldn't vote because it only encourages him.

Voted Yes anyway

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I can't imagine any investors in his companies won't run screaming for the hills after this.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Didn't he already say Twitter would be getting a new CEO soon anyway?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Imagine spending 44b on a website to have the users of the site tell you to completely gently caress off within a few weeks lmbo

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

loving Moron posted:

What is latin for "I am an insufferable piss bitch who wants to own slaves" because I want to make an account just to tweet it at him.

Also gently caress his mom because she failed at being a parent.

Ave atque vale works pretty well in-context

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008
So, where is "performative display of self-loathing" on the Lowtax% speedrun? I'm actually starting to wonder if we're coming up on the finale.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Imagine being one of the remaining engineers stuck due to a visa and the guy demanding screenshots of "salient code" every week posts this poo poo lmao

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The poll is pretty transparently a move to fluff his ego because he'd never lose such a vote, he's too beloved for that right?

...right?

(lol at whatever his fragile ego will try to do in the event "yes" wins)

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Smart move, set the ship on fire and then bail to let someone else try to put it out. I mean he managed to break the organisation so thoroughly, so quickly, that I don't really see an easy path back to where it was, let alone become profitable. Who'd even take over if he actually did step down? Who's even left? Some poor engineer?

MrChrome
Jan 21, 2001
"Should I stop drinking?" asks the addict

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Man somewhere Musk is listening to Linkin park and sulking

The Postman
May 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1604623424164282368?s=20&t=IcO5Qk7KpDa9R05_f7O4qw

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
He is still just so loving convinced that he is a super-mega-genius that it doesn't even occur to him to at least hold a brainstorming sesh with some employees before implementing new rules. I guess it wouldn't matter, since I can't imagine there are many people left at Twitter who would dare to ask Elon stuff like "Have you thought about how this would effect users in group x,y and z? You know, users who aren't mainly here to own the libs but for reasons x,y and z."

Hell, just writing down his ideas and spending a day or two thinking about them before announcing them to the world and his employees in the same tweet would probably help a lot, but he so obviously doesn't even do that.

Nope, it's still just straight from Adderall fueled tweeting binge idea right to the non-existing rulebook.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

I’m not owned I’m not owned

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

This is the most important election of our lives

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Ave atque vale works pretty well in-context

Thanks Frank. You are a peach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I genuinely had to think for like a full minute for how to vote on that, because I really, really like watching him make an idiot of himself in public. That said, I ended up going with "yes" because it does seem pretty important to send him a message that he's genuinely unwanted in that role and he's not doing a great job. Plus I figured there was no way in hell that if no wins he's just gonna take his ball and go home. He's gonna double down in some even crazier way for sure.

Superrodan fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 19, 2022