Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007
Tetris DS was the poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Tetris DS has infinite spin, but other than that it's great

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Its Tetris DX

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Tetris DS is the greatest tetris game ever made and it's not even close

Tetris DX is awful. They changed the music. Unplayable

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Surely there must be a tetris dx romhack that makes the music good while keeping the color lol

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jiv48bBmbA

I really really like the hardware aesthetic of the GPD win 4 and the 6" size. I hope Steam make a Deck Lite that look exactly like it. I would swap out my regular deck and play with it a lot more.

Those PSP corner cut outs and lanyard hoods really compliment the look of the device. It feels like it's designed by someone who actually study industry design in school.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5436/~/gamestream-end-of-service-notification

Well that sucks

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://moonlight-stream.org/

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Moonlight uses the gamestream protocol.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
also https://github.com/LizardByte/Sunshine

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

In my personal experience, GPD is second to Retroid in terms of bang for buck. The retroid is way cheaper but I really like windows based handhelds over android.

I wonder if the win4 has a loud rear end fan like the win2

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

coconono posted:

The retroid is way cheaper but I really like windows based handhelds over android.

All I know is I’m probably done with anything that isn’t at least android. I loved the simplicity of my Linux based stuff but with my RP3+ I can solve all of my problems on the device itself, which is nice cause I’m on the road a lot. Screw up an install? Reinstall the app using chrome or the play store. Missing a rom? Jump into my entire collection on Drive or just go hunting for it on the device.

It’s been easy peasy owning this thing.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Has anyone tried Vampire Survivors on the RP3+? I sideloaded the APK this morning and it seems weirdly blurry and sluggish. I haven’t played the game on any other machines lately so maybe that’s just how it is.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Tiny Timbs posted:

Has anyone tried Vampire Survivors on the RP3+? I sideloaded the APK this morning and it seems weirdly blurry and sluggish. I haven’t played the game on any other machines lately so maybe that’s just how it is.

That's just how it is iirc

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rolo posted:

All I know is I’m probably done with anything that isn’t at least android. I loved the simplicity of my Linux based stuff but with my RP3+ I can solve all of my problems on the device itself, which is nice cause I’m on the road a lot. Screw up an install? Reinstall the app using chrome or the play store. Missing a rom? Jump into my entire collection on Drive or just go hunting for it on the device.

Yeah windows without a full QWERTY keyboard is hell, I don't care how much money MS spent on making a touchscreen OS. It stinks! I do a lot of Android stuff with work and I just don't like the OS. Even if the hardware is kickin fast, the app stability still leaves a lot to be desired.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

coconono posted:

Yeah windows without a full QWERTY keyboard is hell,

As someone with multiple of these devices absolutely hell yes.

Also rest not working as well as the deck too.

Like I can leave my deck in rest mode for like a week where as my pc handhelds don’t last nearly as long.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Rolo posted:

Being able to load up cdromance on your device is a loving game changer just for the prepatched hacks alone

I think I'm done with handhelds though, my new phone is just too powerful. I might keep the miyoo mini in my bag for special occasions, but I can't justify buying a dedicated device that can play Mario Sunshine at an unstable 30fps when I can put my phone in a grip controller and play Odyssey at 2x resolution

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

im sort of in the same boat. I scored a cheap galaxy s20 and it runs PS2 games at 30fps (sometimes more for simpler games), and everything below that at least as well. I can even dabble in Wii and 3DS with it. With a gamesir grip controller its basically the perfect emulation machine

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

flavor.flv posted:

Being able to load up cdromance on your device is a loving game changer just for the prepatched hacks alone

I think I'm done with handhelds though, my new phone is just too powerful. I might keep the miyoo mini in my bag for special occasions, but I can't justify buying a dedicated device that can play Mario Sunshine at an unstable 30fps when I can put my phone in a grip controller and play Odyssey at 2x resolution

That’s fair, I’m on a Tim Apple so spending 140 bucks to have something that isn’t iOS was worth it, otherwise yeah the Gamesir looks super neat.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I never want to touch my phone when I'm not at work, so having it also be a primary gaming device is my idea of hell.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

njsykora posted:

I never want to touch my phone when I'm not at work, so having it also be a primary gaming device is my idea of hell.

Yep. Same. I grudgingly look up discord or some websites if I'm watching sports in bed, but given a choice I'd prefer to have tablet.

If it made sense to have a mobile connection/hotspot device/2fa on a tablet I'd probably go back to having a non-smartphone.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
It's the end of the year time for a roundup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0E6e5VceQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8jh-D-LWfc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqAM3INcLeA

stephenthinkpad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jiv48bBmbA

I really really like the hardware aesthetic of the GPD win 4 and the 6" size. I hope Steam make a Deck Lite that look exactly like it. I would swap out my regular deck and play with it a lot more.

Those PSP corner cut outs and lanyard hoods really compliment the look of the device. It feels like it's designed by someone who actually study industry design in school.
That's a very nice white color scheme although we're kind of at a weird place where aping the look of the PSP and Vita actually makes your device look a bit cheaper because of the 4 billion cheap crap powkiddys that also do so. Same with the switch and that blue/red color scheme in particular.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 20, 2022

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

njsykora posted:

That’s why you get a dedicated gaming device. No work BS on it. Because yeah I’d throw my phone into the ocean if I got a teams message while playing Katamari Damacy or whatever.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Are there any good sites or recommendations for some fan hacks to play on these? I just updated my RG353p to the latest UnofficialOS/JelOS and it’s been too long since I’ve tried some new ones.

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

There’s this thread over in the Retro Games sub that has a ton of solid recs in it

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
I was playing through the translation of Racing Lagoon last night. Great choice if you want the grimy PSX Tokyo look. Strongly recommend Remote Control Dandy too

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Humongous Pear posted:

There’s this thread over in the Retro Games sub that has a ton of solid recs in it

Oh that’s perfect, thank you!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is there a guide for getting Arcade games to run on the RP3+? I downloaded a romset meant for the miyoo mini and didn't think I'd have any issues using it, but Finalburn Neo just gives me an emulator error and the various Mame cores freeze up whenever I try to run anything (like 1942).

Honestly I'd prefer not to use Retroarch for anything at all but I don't think there's alternatives for arcade games.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Tiny Timbs posted:

Finalburn Neo just gives me an emulator error and the various Mame cores freeze up whenever I try to run anything (like 1942).

This reads to me like you might've downloaded a merged collection and then tried to put just the individual 1942.zip on the device expecting it to work. Merged sets expect you to transfer the entire collection onto the device you're playing on, because they scatter the required rom files in various zips for de-duplication to save space. If you want each zip file to contain all roms required for a particular game, you need a non-merged collection.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hmm, I did transfer the entire collection over, though. There's a folder with the game zips and also a folder with BIOS files for mame 2003+. I didn't set up the location to find the BIOS files but there's none that refer to 1942, anyway.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Was looking for my old in-line skates so I can play with my kid, found out I have a sealed Playstation Classic. Guess I will throw it on ebay. Also the accessory and case of an early version of Anbernic 300 (before they put Anbernic branding on their machines.) I think I am ready to get rip of it and get maybe a Miyoo Mini. Also the eye toy from the PS3 PS4 lol, probably isn't worth 5 bux.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Can anyone with an RP 3+ share their experiences using it on a TV? I’m thinking of getting one to replace my GPi Case 2 because it looks like getting it to work over hdmi will be way smoother. Can two controllers connect to it at the same time? How does N64 run on it?

All the reviews I’ve seen are focused entirely on using it as a handheld.

Nuurd
Apr 21, 2005

Ordered an Analogue Pocket last year, finally arrived with the dock.

Got a controller to pair with dock (LEDs respond when controller connects, etc)

Firmware updated on both Pocket and Dock

Dock displayed loading bar over HDMI during firmware update

Can not get any other HDMI signal from dock to TV at all

Any experience or hints? Sorry if this is the wrong thread !

EDIT: found it was a power issue. Had been using the power from my Switch but I guess that was insufficient. Working as expected now. Leaving this here in case someone else needs it.

Nuurd fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 24, 2022

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Oh no the R1 button on my RP3+ is totally busted :(

Took it apart and it's definitely a failed microswitch.

Guess I get to see how their support team is doing amid the covid outbreak

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Tiny Timbs posted:

Guess I get to see how their support team is doing amid the covid outbreak

quote:

Retroid David — 12/20/2022 4:07 PM
@everyone We are approaching the peak COVID infection this week, and most of our engineers in SZ office and workers in the factory cached fever and some of them can only sleep on the bed and can do nothing, that is why the shipping status are moving slowly than expected, I was also in fever since yesterday afternoon. This situation should be improved within 1-2 weeks, since most of us are turning better after 2-4 calendar days. We will try our best to fulfill your orders, thanks for your support and understanding.

quote:

ChrisCovers — 12/21/2022 7:22 AM
Hello @everyone,

We, the moderator team, wanted to express our sincere appreciation for the outpouring of support and well wishes that have been sent to Retroid during this challenging time for them. As many of you are aware, a significant portion of their team has been impacted by Covid-19, which has been especially difficult to navigate during the holiday season. However, it has been uplifting to see the community come together to show their support and care for their fellow members. We thank you for your understanding and hope that Retroid will make a quick and full recovery. Your kind words and understanding are greatly appreciated.

To that end, we would like to open a special channel where members of the community can post messages of support and encouragement for the Retroid team. These messages will be collected and shared with Retroid, so they can see the positive thoughts and support from the community. We hope this small gesture will help lift their spirits. Especially during the holidays! Please give your love and support here thank-you-retroid

Happy Holidays to you and your family!

ChrisCovers
Kei
MegaTyler30
RetroFodder

I hope the firmware update that fixes the "sometimes wifi just dies while in sleep and won't come back on until two or so reboots later" problem happens soon but I lay no blame for any delays because oof, yeah

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

Holidays are an especially rough time to be sick, hope they feel better soon.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Pandemic strike global supply chain again. At least it's not the canal.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

China basically opened the floodgates and never sourced good vaccines so people are getting wrecked.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Nuurd posted:

Ordered an Analogue Pocket last year, finally arrived with the dock.

Got a controller to pair with dock (LEDs respond when controller connects, etc)

Firmware updated on both Pocket and Dock

Dock displayed loading bar over HDMI during firmware update

Can not get any other HDMI signal from dock to TV at all

Any experience or hints? Sorry if this is the wrong thread !

EDIT: found it was a power issue. Had been using the power from my Switch but I guess that was insufficient. Working as expected this now. Leaving this here in case someone else needs it.

I had 100% this exact same experience a couple of weeks ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
So what's the hot frontend for the RP3+? Is it Daijisho or the default or ???