Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Hubbert posted:

idk why everyone is worried about polluted sex toys, we're already loving ourselves pretty hard atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
classifying butt plugs as green tech because it sequesters the methane in your rear end

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Stereotype posted:

classifying butt plugs as green tech because it sequesters the methane in your rear end

CH4play

:hmmyes:

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Gravid Topiary posted:

i've seen the phrase 'toxic jelly' when referring to those extra wobbly sex toys (usually cheap ones from china) and they're not entirely wrong. not to get too smythe but i had a jelly toy that smelled like an industrial accent, so out of curiosity i put a condom on it and stuck it in on a shelf (a good xmas tradition) and by the next day that condom had just crumbled. maybe if you let your toxic silicone thrills out-gas for a few months you might the plasticizers/phthalates down to a reasonable level but i would feel unsafe squashing that stinky thing into any place of honour.

:stare:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stereotype posted:

:trumppop:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gravid Topiary posted:

i've seen the phrase 'toxic jelly' when referring to those extra wobbly sex toys (usually cheap ones from china) and they're not entirely wrong. not to get too smythe but i had a jelly toy that smelled like an industrial accent, so out of curiosity i put a condom on it and stuck it in on a shelf (a good xmas tradition) and by the next day that condom had just crumbled. maybe if you let your toxic silicone thrills out-gas for a few months you might the plasticizers/phthalates down to a reasonable level but i would feel unsafe squashing that stinky thing into any place of honour.

if it destroys the condom that fast do you think it also destroys the microplastics in your body/blood at similar speed

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Stereotype posted:

use good lube so there's no radiative forcing :smug:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

SKULL.GIF posted:

if it destroys the condom that fast do you think it also destroys the microplastics in your body/blood at similar speed

It reduces the micro to nano

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

God Hole posted:

Suddenly the uptick in rear end cancers among younger generations is making a lot of sense

I know so many people 40 or under who've had colon cancer. WTF is happening.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Fell Mood posted:

microplastics

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Fell Mood posted:

Eating rear end deposits floss microplastics / pfas

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
Besides detox blood letting to reduce the microplastics in your blood, I feel like we should also get into the business of green sex toys. Need a natural material that isn't porous and has a little give to it.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
Like glass is obvious but who likes a ridged dildo?

mystes
May 31, 2006

I think if it's a choice between microplastics or a glass object breaking in your butt it might be better to just stick with the microplastics

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mystes posted:

I think if it's a choice between microplastics or a glass object breaking in your butt it might be better to just stick with the microplastics

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
medical grade (platinum cured) silicone is okay

'my friend' says bad dragon dilz are expensive though

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

mystes posted:

In all seriousness they do make glass toys. There's a way to make glass more or less unbreakable.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
dishwasher safe? seems pretty reusable as long as you're careful not to chip it

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Gravid Topiary posted:

i would feel unsafe squashing that stinky thing into any place of honour.

Buddy,

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

lol

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lol

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

silicone thrills posted:

Trying not to make that connection in my head with the people I've known to have colorectal cancers since they're all family.

Curse of Apollo: "and your username will be silicone thrills"

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

silicone thrills posted:

or butthole. whatever

I mean… you know this guy?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Armadillo Tank posted:

Curse of Apollo: "and your username will be silicone thrills"

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i think its finally time for someone to say it

I'm not a fan of this climate changing stuff

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Rectal Death Adept posted:

you ask me we should keep the old one, it was just fine

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Rectal Death Adept posted:

it's the aerosol solutions starting to enter the discourse that are really doing it for me

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Cloks posted:

it's the aerosol solutions starting to enter the discourse that are really doing it for me

okay, so i've been doing in-depth research into solar radiation management for a future article since the end of cop27, and there's been a concerted media push on the subject:

(1) Futurism - Scientists Increasingly Calling to Dim the Sun

(2) Dimming the Sun to Cool the Planet Is a Desperate Idea, Yet We’re Inching Toward It

(3) 1.5 degrees? We need to prepare for a temperature overshoot and worse climate change

and even if mann is making GBS threads on hansen re: his theory on historical aerosol cooling, hansen has looking into this subject for longer than expected

edit:

at least i know what i'll be doing over the christmas break :woop:

Hubbert has issued a correction as of 05:31 on Dec 19, 2022

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web

Bob Socko posted:

it's Log, it's Log
it's thick, it's heavy, it's wood
it's Log, it's Log
bury it like you should

It helps you to nut
It goes up your butt
It's log, log, log!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hell yeah, I can't wait for Frostpunk.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RandomBlue posted:

you ask me we should keep the old one, it was just fine

it used to be cool

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://news.ucr.edu/articles/2022/12/12/pollution-cleanup-method-destroys-toxic-forever-chemicals

science wins again

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

I have always suggested that we should do climate change but the other way, let's do it

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > C-SPAM > [Biosphere Collapse] “forever chemicals” may not be so permanent after all :smug:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Mods please rename them all to temporary chemicals

Mods can do that right?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

silicone thrills posted:

Apparently granite dildos are on the market already

Marble seems like a good choice

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

what if you just poured Teflon over a plastic core? It would be so slippery.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

silicone thrills posted:

lol Isn't it great chug a gallon of citris nightmare drink and then blow everything out for hours then get knocked out and a camera just rammed the gently caress up there

ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Hubbert posted:

okay, so i've been doing in-depth research into solar radiation management for a future article since the end of cop27, and there's been a concerted media push on the subject:

(1) Futurism - Scientists Increasingly Calling to Dim the Sun

(2) Dimming the Sun to Cool the Planet Is a Desperate Idea, Yet We’re Inching Toward It

(3) 1.5 degrees? We need to prepare for a temperature overshoot and worse climate change

and even if mann is making GBS threads on hansen re: his theory on historical aerosol cooling, hansen has looking into this subject for longer than expected

edit:

at least i know what i'll be doing over the christmas break :woop:

imo i think its really great we have good audio logs for lone adventurers like this with but a few easter eggs (on a string?) audio logs like the previous posts