Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
If he does actually stick to it, he'll gently caress things up even more then quir. Gives him enough distance to say "oh no! Look what you did!"

Then loads of people get hosed out of severance and people lose their jobs because the company is gone, and he blames it on you, joe public

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1604628761395138561?s=46&t=1tnPDyvPtZYKjxc1mghUag

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

I think she just might be a very offline grandma tbh

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I don't want Musk to step down. I want him to take a one-way trip to Mars and never touch anything I use again. Him stepping down but still owning twitter is just gonna prolong the site's death. What a pointless loving poll.

Offler posted:

He is still just so loving convinced that he is a super-mega-genius that it doesn't even occur to him to at least hold a brainstorming sesh with some employees before implementing new rules. I guess it wouldn't matter, since I can't imagine there are many people left at Twitter who would dare to ask Elon stuff like "Have you thought about how this would effect users in group x,y and z? You know, users who aren't mainly here to own the libs but for reasons x,y and z."

Hell, just writing down his ideas and spending a day or two thinking about them before announcing them to the world and his employees in the same tweet would probably help a lot, but he so obviously doesn't even do that.

Nope, it's still just straight from Adderall fueled tweeting binge idea right to the non-existing rulebook.

If there are any employees who might have offered feedback left in the company, after all these weeks they've probably learned there's no loving point and are just there to collect a paycheck and keep their visa active. Hard to imagine a more demoralising place to work at than Twitter in terms of having any sort of constructive input.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Oh wait, is this just because of the Tesla guy calling for his removal as CEO? So he's trying to get out of being in charge of Twitter and "go back" to Tesla (by which I mean he will continue micromanaging Twitter using whatever puppet CEO he sets up)?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

learnincurve posted:

I think she just might be a very offline grandma tbh

said it before but i dont think elon uses his moms account to back himself up. i think she is also a pathetic weirdo who raised an absolute freak

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

It's a Doooom House!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Musk will put his mom in charge.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

pick erdogan

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The Last Call posted:

Worse.

He's going to put some Republican in charge, and they will enforce their policies and put like-minded people in charge.

Musk then can say he has nothing to do with the running of the site and shouldn't be blamed.

Plus, he'll count on how it's run then to make his running of it not look so bad in comparison.

Right now, Twitter is probably unsalvageable as a company. The damage is done and whoever took over running it after something happens to Musk will have to spend years rebuilding the company, re-establishing the trust, relationships, and employees that,allow Twitter to function as a social media site. And they have to do it while everything is falling apart.

But that's the best case scenario. There's so much fuckery Musk can do by "stepping down" that it's not going to get there. He could just put a puppet in charge of the day to day operations while still dictating his crazy edicts because he owns the company out right. He could burn it down even harder to "punish" people for rejecting him. He could say he'll step down once Twitter is financially stable which it never will be under him. He could just ignore the poll and we mock him even harder.

I know whatever he does, it will be stupid.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
Who would want to be tasked with running Twitter with Elon as owner/poster?

Is that going to be like when Medvedev was "president" or Russia?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
He hasn’t wanted to be in charge of this sinking ship since he first bid on it. Whether he keeps the CEO label or not, the outcome will be identical. I’m guessing he found his “Blake Masters type” to finally take the his place in the daily Twitter scrotum pinada game and will be CEO in name or only in practice shortly

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ben shapino posted:

said it before but i dont think elon uses his moms account to back himself up. i think she is also a pathetic weirdo who raised an absolute freak

woman married a emerald mine owner and then considered herself poor so she's got that going on

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Vote yes, not because Elon will actually honor it, but because the meltdown it'll precipitate will be glorious. No matter how you vote he's still gonna do whatever the gently caress he had planned (insofar as he plans anything at all) but this will have the added schadenfreude of the world's most divorced man try to post through the rejection of his "leadership" in the most public way possible.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

ilmucche posted:

If he does actually stick to it, he'll gently caress things up even more then quir. Gives him enough distance to say "oh no! Look what you did!"

Then loads of people get hosed out of severance and people lose their jobs because the company is gone, and he blames it on you, joe public

Anyone with any sense or bound by a visa is long gone.

kw0134 posted:

Vote yes, not because Elon will actually honor it, but because the meltdown it'll precipitate will be glorious. No matter how you vote he's still gonna do whatever the gently caress he had planned (insofar as he plans anything at all) but this will have the added schadenfreude of the world's most divorced man try to post through the rejection of his "leadership" in the most public way possible.

He absolutely has some sort of dimwitted extremely online “gotcha” cooked up and I want to see what it is because it will likely be some enormous self-own

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'll take the job and I can definitely do a better job than Musk at saving Twitter. I think I'd be lovely at the job, but I definitely would be better at it than Musk.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

kw0134 posted:

Voted yes too but I can't help but suspect that he'll claim all the yes votes are bots and ban us wholesale.

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool
Algorithm putting in some serious work today

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Lmao Kushner told him Trump would only post if he gets to he CEO

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Voting yes because I wasn’t able to boo him and cause his last meltdown and I want to participate in this one

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

CuwiKhons posted:

i'm guessing he really did think No was going to win and by tomorrow he'll have to have somebody in the Twitter office go into the poll on the backend and reverse the results

I'm guessing he was planning on stepping aside and now he's going to make it seem like it was the will of the people

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
Pop quiz hotshot, I will abide by the results of this poll.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

April 14, 2022 posted:

According to Musk, the social media company needs to go private because it can “neither thrive nor serve” free speech in its current state.

“As a result, I am offering to buy 100% of Twitter for $54.20 per share in cash, a 54% premium over the day before I began investing in Twitter and a 38% premium over the day before my investment was publicly announced,” he wrote. “My offer is my best and final offer and if it is not accepted, I would need to reconsider my position as a shareholder.”

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Frank Frank posted:

Anyone with any sense or bound by a visa is long gone.

He absolutely has some sort of dimwitted extremely online “gotcha” cooked up and I want to see what it is because it will likely be some enormous self-own

he's gonna make a nazi the head of twitter to own the woke mind virus libs

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/joshcarlosjosh/status/1604628010665070592?s=20&t=mHtX1Xbunqt2kmCejoMHEA

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I mean ... I don't know poo poo about business law, but is there anything saying he absolutely has to name/find a new CEO if he steps down? Is there anything stopping him from saying "there's no successor, we're done here, Twitter is shut down"?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Some Strange Flea posted:

Pop quiz hotshot, I will abide by the results of this poll.

Dennis hopper owned

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Do it, bitch. Come on! Stop loving around and pull that goddamned trigger! Blow up the site, you loving coward!

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I'm split. Vote yes for a onetime rejection of Elon, or vote no to be able to continuously witness his mental degradation?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Must've gotten the real good coke in Qatar.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Herstory Begins Now posted:

he's gonna make a nazi the head of twitter to own the woke mind virus libs

Probably, but those people are really dumb too and won’t make the situation any worse than it already is (and will hasten the departure of big advertisers)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You should vote yes just so the greatest cyber bullying in history has a nice bookend

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Toaster Beef posted:

I mean ... I don't know poo poo about business law, but is there anything saying he absolutely has to name/find a new CEO if he steps down? Is there anything stopping him from saying "there's no successor, we're done here, Twitter is shut down"?

He can do whatever he wants it’s his toy now, but he still has to pay the bills regardless

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Yes is clearly going to win so it might as well be as big of a blowout as possible

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
All he had to do was do nothing

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

He’s just going to ban everyone who votes yes

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

CharlestheHammer posted:

You should vote yes just so the greatest cyber bullying in history has a nice bookend

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Frank Frank posted:

Probably, but those people are really dumb too and won’t make the situation any worse than it already is (and will hasten the departure of big advertisers)

whatever else happens there's no way we are done with musk. dude is going to be blaming the last month of poo poo that he has eaten and the downfall of his $44 billion purchase on the left for the rest of his life and man there's no way that dude is going to gently caress off quietly into the sunset

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

kazil posted:

I'm guessing he was planning on stepping aside and now he's going to make it seem like it was the will of the people

I dunno if voluntarily stepping aside is more embarrassing than "millions of people hate me and yelled at me until I left" but then again this guy is dumb as hell

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Toaster Beef posted:

Based on this:

That's my guess--take his ball and go home. Twitter is in a death spiral one way or the other, this lets him do a puppetmaster on the way out.