Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

DaveWoo posted:

He's going to deliberately pick some right-wing shithead to replace him as CEO because he thinks that'll own the libs

"Say hello to your new CEO, Ian Miles Cheong"

It doesn't matter because Twitter will likely be bankrupt by then and in the pockets of the banks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How appropriate, you tweet like a cow

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

I'm talking about salving his ego and give him a way to dodge responsibility. Doesn't help with the money side.

The problem is that he’s the sole owner of Twitter. Even if he sends some CEO to die, he’s still ultimately the person who has the final say. This isn’t anything like a board of directors pushing him in a bad direction or activist investors forcing him to make short sighted decisions.

He can’t dodge responsibility unless he completely gives up all ownership of Twitter, which I doubt he will do.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

lmao

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Infinitum posted:

How appropriate, you tweet like a cow

lol

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Buce posted:

lol. just lol.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DaveWoo posted:

He's going to deliberately pick some right-wing shithead to replace him as CEO because he thinks that'll own the libs

Jared Cushner or Trump. Only reason they'd talk to him at this point, I reckon.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

DaveWoo posted:

This requires cheong to exit his parents' house in a suburb miles away from the closest city of ipoh in Malaysia

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

and there goes every artist/content creator who does comissions. Alot of commissions are done through DMs.
it only affects select sites, not every site that ever existed. paypal and such still work.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

makes u think

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Doesn't really matter who he makes CEO because that person is going to have musk's arm up their rear end working their mouth, there's not a chance in hell he appoints someone that has the leeway to run it in a reasonable manner.

Poll: Should I appoint a scapegoat now or later?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
:lol:

https://twitter.com/stevemullis/sta...%5Es1_&ref_url=

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

wow so deep. let that sink in

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Also it's very funny to me that I go to bed and wake up to musk being helicoptered over to the World Cup put in a box with his Saudi investors demanding him to loving buck up and so he whines and puts up a poll asking people if he should leave. And everyone is like, yeah man also make the insane woman behind libsoftiktok ceo. Lowtax would have loved to see this

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

John Carmack will somehow run twitter in 2023

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
(I'm a thousands posts behind so I don't know if this was posted yet but didn't see it on the last couple pages)

France is starting to take note of Lonny's latest bullshit.

From the head of Frances Cybercrime unit:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

parthenocarpy posted:

JK Rawling John Carmack will somehow run twitter in 2023

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hey guys I found Musks assassination coordinates

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1604617643973124097

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
So at what point does Musk start streaming lovely video games with his sons for validation?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mega64 posted:

So at what point does Musk start streaming lovely video games with his sons for validation?

He hasn't quite sunk down to "spend time with his family" levels of desperation yet

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

DaveWoo posted:

Nah, he's gonna pick a lib because when the company finally crashes (after he's pointed the nose at the ground) he'll be able to blame it on them and say liberals don't know how to run a business unlike him, a genius

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

I love when reigns are measurable in single digit scaramuccis

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

TwoPair posted:

Nah, he's gonna pick a lib because when the company finally crashes (after he's pointed the nose at the ground) he'll be able to blame it on them and say liberals don't know how to run a business unlike him, a genius

drat.. thats a good plan. no way he does it

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
say what you want about lowtax, at no point during his decline did his mom come on this site to defend him from us
https://twitter.com/mayemusk/status/1604550452447690752

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

YF-23 posted:

I think some people are missing the point. Musk wants to lose this. "Winning" the poll isn't going to make him more popular - "vox populi" would simply compel him to remain the clown in charge. He's gone through so many rapidfire fuckups in the past week and gotten so many people who liked him to go "hey what the gently caress" that he's figured out that he has to break away from the commitment he's tied himself into. Setting up this poll is just an excuse to cut loose and get some personal breathing room.

He will suffer either way, but if no wins he will have to keep on suffering.

I don't understand why anyone thinks he's even this smart. He's not smart enough to rig his own polls. I am no longer convinced he's smart enough to breathe.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

TwoPair posted:

he doesn't know any libs, just people he calls libs who are actually right wing but not as right wing as him

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

The Postman posted:

makes u think
This is all obviously hilarious, but it's really special to me that in his mind, people would have been torn on the tunnel idea. An idea so good that he has to concede to its brilliance even if it chips away at his point.

Slugworth fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 19, 2022

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Has Musk considering having his tweets sponsored by NordVPN? Might help with his money woes.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

YF-23 posted:

I think some people are missing the point. Musk wants to lose this. "Winning" the poll isn't going to make him more popular - "vox populi" would simply compel him to remain the clown in charge. He's gone through so many rapidfire fuckups in the past week and gotten so many people who liked him to go "hey what the gently caress" that he's figured out that he has to break away from the commitment he's tied himself into. Setting up this poll is just an excuse to cut loose and get some personal breathing room.

He will suffer either way, but if no wins he will have to keep on suffering.

By the time this is over Elon Musk will at best be popular the way that Tommy Wiseau is popular

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

chernobyl kinsman posted:

say what you want about lowtax, at no point during his decline did his mom come on this site to defend him from us
https://twitter.com/mayemusk/status/1604550452447690752

"When I am paid money I am not allowed to talk about other things, when you post links for free.. wait what was my point again?"

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Infinitum posted:

"When I am paid money I am not allowed to talk about other things, when you post links for free.. wait what was my point again?"

This makes absolute sense.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

parthenocarpy posted:

John Romero is about to make twitter his bitch

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Looking at that pic in that context, I'd say that's a pretty convincing argument:hmmyes:

Dude wasted billions of Saudi dollars on twitter. He’d better not be pitching them new investment opportunities if he doesn’t want to end up flushed down a basement drain.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Infinitum posted:

her literal next tweet is her talking about her titkok

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Infinitum posted:

This old crank only gets paid in dalmatian puppies for her coat.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

parthenocarpy posted:

Personally I would love for him to bring back Romero and make us his bitch

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

John Carmack bring back .plan files

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

*Musk loses Twitter poll*