Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

"When I am paid money I am not allowed to talk about other things, when you post links for free.. wait what was my point again?"

lol, when you put it like that it just occurred to me that she and/or Elon have definitely gotten chewed out for hijacking a paid soapbox to stump for pet causes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

The Postman posted:

makes u think

He didn't do at least three of those things, so not sure what we're supposed to get out of that...

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

new batman villain that polls social media for all major decisions

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
the Internet is loving awesome because i can go on a website and see a dude with a big titty anime lady avatar telling the richest man in the world to kill himself directly

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/myspacetom/status/1604658018213195777

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

:eyepop:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

hotdog feet posted:

the Internet is loving awesome because i can go on a website and see a dude with a big titty anime lady avatar telling the richest man in the world to kill himself directly

who's telling Bernard Arnault to kill himself?

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Mega64 posted:

I'm glad the leadership of Twitter is being treated on the same level of a GameFAQs contest.

The last time I saw a massive Twitter poll it was to determine whether Sans from Undertale or the con artist from Mob Psycho 100 was sexier, and then as soon as the poll closed the Queen of England died.

What I'm trying to say is the fandom that wants to gently caress skeletons could and should elect a more competent CEO

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

CharlestheHammer posted:

Man somewhere Musk is listening to Linkin park and sulking
Your prophecy appears accurate.

:emo:

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

chernobyl kinsman posted:

say what you want about lowtax, at no point during his decline did his mom come on this site to defend him from us
https://twitter.com/mayemusk/status/1604550452447690752

a half hour later she was promoting tiktok

https://twitter.com/mayemusk/status/1604573220522393601?s=20&t=ncUOdMaRdvtdMPAAVp9lSQ

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Mega64 posted:

So at what point does Musk start streaming lovely video games with his sons for validation?

He has to get in a boxing match with like Neil Breen or maybe just Uwe Boll again first.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

3hands posted:

new batman villain that polls social media for all major decisions

Twee Face?

kdrudy posted:

He has to get in a boxing match with like Neil Breen or maybe just Uwe Boll again first.

I would pay more money than I would admit here to see a Breen/Musk fight with 4oz gloves. Even old-rear end Boll would wipe the floor with Musk.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Dec 19, 2022

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

B& for promoting another social media network with his username.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Everybody’s friend makes a surprise comeback

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

I hope that Tom runs it. But should we want this?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Checking the front page of Reuters. That thousand yard stare.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
lmao i just remembered that Tesla is being investigated for putting a feature in their car AI to automatically shut off if it detects the car is about to crash, in order to transfer all liability to the driver

I wonder what made me think of that.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Good Sphere posted:

I hope that Tom runs it. But should we want this?

I don’t, I was happy he was out there living his life and enjoying doing whatever his buyout money paid for. It was the sensible thing to do!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The Postman posted:

makes u think

i genuinely hate this type of bullshit.

Catastrophe posted:

yeah, his big money backers are loving pisssed that he is doing this and probably told him to either walk away or shut up. it will be funny.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Catastrophe posted:

*Record scratch, freeze frame* "You may wonder how I got here. It all started with a prescription for Adderall and a woman named Grimes..."

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Catastrophe posted:

Everyone in suits: "Please Elon stop. Don't do this. Just take a break for a minute. Our finances, Elon."

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Good Sphere posted:

Everyone in suits: "Please Elon stop. Don't do this. Just take a break for a minute. Our finances, Elon."

elon: But my memes

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
elon: I can still get her to take me back

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Catastrophe posted:

One of them absolutely said "Just stop posting! It's not that hard!"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Herstory Begins Now posted:

elon: I can still get her to take me back

that was never a thing he said

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

last night I go to bed at page 717, wake up to 734 :yeshaha:

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Catastrophe posted:

Thinking about stealing more memes.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It's the living embodiment of the 'This is fine' meme.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The Postman posted:

One of them absolutely said "Just stop posting! It's not that hard!"

Hope he responded with a "You first, lol".

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
he just needs to double his Adderall intake and post twice as much, he'll get through this easy

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If the media didn't have photos putting him there, what do you think the odds would be he just disappeared, and we all quietly nod and agreed it's a mystery and not a Saudi hit as he decomposes in a barrel of acid?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Tight summary of elnofauls
https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1604646532724232192?t=_SQ7e-c2TiNPlXuSPixx-A&s=19

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
The funniest possible outcome would be for Musk to go “you said you wanted me out, so meet your new Twitter CEO, Donald Trump muhahahaha”

And Trump just goes “no thanks”

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

How’s the poll looking now?

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Dicty Bojangles posted:

How’s the poll looking now?

find out by navigating to twitter dot com and taking a look!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

You can’t if you don’t have an account, hth

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i think elon starting the path to stepping down is less about whatever he got up to with the saudis today and more about trying to salvage tesla, which is where the real money is.

i doubt tesla will ever really recover, but it's clear that it will crater completely if musk keeps embarrassing himself every hour of every day as he nosedives twitter and builds himself into a pariah. twitter is still doomed, there's no going back, but if he can install someone else and shift some of the blame when it files for bankruptcy next year, maybe tesla will stabilize at half or a third of what it used to be worth instead of 1/10th.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Everyone's talking about how stupid Musk is, but imagine being one of the absolute dufuses who gave him money to do this. 13B from banks lol. What happens to your credit rating when you default on a billion dollar payment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Lol no