Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Abhorrence posted:

Well of course. it's the year of the rabbit, and they can't wear hats.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Abhorrence posted:

:perfect:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

gtrmp posted:

According to datamining, the new gear is a heavensturn-themed armor set with no helmet

Okay, yes, I remember seeing this earlier, so that's good.

I was hoping the Far Norther cash shop set, when I saw it datamined, was going to be this year's Starlight set and I was looking forward to it. I like it, but not enough to pay 18 United States Dollars for it.

Abhorrence posted:

:discourse:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ColdIronsBound posted:

I bounced hard off the first run of Hildebrand quests, do they improve significantly to make it worth following for the new weapons or can I safely skip the cutscenes and speed run it all.
The tone and content changes some throughout but you can skip all the cutscenes if you want. Godbert seems to be the only character who consequentially exists outside of them and you can take him on his own merits. :v:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Nessus posted:

The tone and content changes some throughout but you can skip all the cutscenes if you want. Godbert seems to be the only character who consequentially exists outside of them and you can take him on his own merits. :v:

Confounding Inspector Briardien also has involvement in a side questline in HW, which is very worth doing if you like a) having a cool robe, spectacles, and his eyeglass-adjusting emote; b) further observations of what your revelations in Heavensward mean for certain people; or c) high school anime.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dareon posted:

Confounding Inspector Briardien also has involvement in a side questline in HW, which is very worth doing if you like a) having a cool robe, spectacles, and his eyeglass-adjusting emote; b) further observations of what your revelations in Heavensward mean for certain people; or c) high school anime.

I thought that quest line was neat and interesting since I had an interest in the Ishgard clergy as a lapsed Catholic myself. I was disappointed when they closed it off early, but happy that Hildy was so good.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dareon posted:

Where the hell do you go to start this? I need that emote.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Uganda Loves Me posted:

I'm not sure what I just witnessed.

Oh hey, some of those people are in my FC; I remember them doing this last night after they finished up a hunt train (I wasn't with them because I was doing other stuff).

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Nessus posted:

Complete a yellow sidequest from some guy standing in the shopping zone alleyways, "Keeping the Ledger", then "Contradicting Convictions" will start you on the rest of the questline.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Nessus posted:

There’s a prerec quest in Ishgard’s markets and also you need to finish ARR Hildy. Then the starting quest is also in Ishgard’s markets.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Nessus posted:

The /spectacles emote is great but it is one of the emotes that looks different depending on your race and gender, fyi. But don't worry because every one of them is good (imo).

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
You know what's pretty demoralising? Being near the end of a Praetorium run and then disconnecting just at the end of the four clones phase. Not fun in the slightest after all that time.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Pyro Jack posted:

You know what's pretty demoralising? Being near the end of a Praetorium run and then disconnecting just at the end of the four clones phase. Not fun in the slightest after all that time.

If it's for tomes you can get in like five or six battle of the big bridges in that time for 12 tomes

You might've done a roulette, either way that sucks

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

HackensackBackpack posted:

The /spectacles emote is great but it is one of the emotes that looks different depending on your race and gender, fyi. But don't worry because every one of them is good (imo).

Naw, I'm extremely bummed the female one is different. I want to do the pushes up glasses anime thing that's only for boys

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That reminds, I never have done that emote with my current race/gender build. I wonder what it looks like. Hopefully I'll remember that for next time I play.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

the hrothgar version is very sassy

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Confession: I prioritized my endgame tomestones gear based on "where does my BiS come from", but when I finished that I forgot to upgrade my 610 gear to 620 afterward. So this week I gained something like 10 average level.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I think this falls within the scope of the thread enough https://twitter.com/minovskyarticle/status/1604300007225626624?s=12

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

The spectacles emote is great.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

TheWorldsaStage posted:

If it's for tomes you can get in like five or six battle of the big bridges in that time for 12 tomes

You might've done a roulette, either way that sucks
Yeah, I did the Main Scenario Roulette mainly to level my Red Mage to 70 and get tomes. I might follow your advice and do the first Gilgamesh trial multiple times since at least I won't lose alot of progress compared to Praetorium.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Genovera posted:

The spectacles emote is great.

I've occasionally used it for a decent approximation of a 'hat tip' emote for women. Depending on the hat the hand goes to about the right place.

EDIT: Also, completely unrelated, but it's occurred to me that I'm really disappointed that at no point in the custom delivery tradein for the Luncheon Coffers is the word 'unforgettable' used. The new localization lead's doing amazing work and I love her, but if there was ONE TIME for Koji Fox's love of Simpsons references, it was exactly there!

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Dec 18, 2022

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I also wish I could give a thumbs up when eating the pizza but alas only men can give thumbs up for pizza

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

I wish we could all have both versions of gendered emotes, especially the job specific cposes because I really like the male DRK one.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1604439013825183745?t=DMZgnEdfXGioKJjONlubcQ&s=19

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1604453351512383491?t=5XSR_065gXTxDSwIK0u4Nw&s=19

Wakka????

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Vivi is way too goddamn low, but Wakka being #2 is great so it evens out I guess

E: poor squall

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Memes

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yeah Wakka’s place is because Japanese memes apparently.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
specifically, this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrAPjVxtjh0

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/afflatusmiqo/status/1604515050017914880?s=46&t=VE016TAK2PSmCC6kqTNC9Q

My, what a guy, that Magnai.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Macaluso posted:

I also wish I could give a thumbs up when eating the pizza but alas only men can give thumbs up for pizza

Exception: both M and F lalafell give a thumbs up after eating the pizza. They also take two bites!

Ziddar fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 18, 2022

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Remember us, remember that we lived large and kicked butt.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

That Emet-Selch guy must be an Al Bhed, ya?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm kind of underwhelmed by this holiday mount. I really wish it didn't just look like a regular rear end reindeer. I wish it had like a christmas outfit on, or ugly christmas sweater, lights and ornaments on its antlers, etc. stuff like that. leave a trail of gingerbread cookies or something when running or flying. It's really just the special mount button, and occasionally it'll run on the air in a very santa's reindeer fashion. I want the most tacky christmas decoration lookin rear end reindeer ever made. Like drat give it a rudolph nose at least

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Macaluso posted:

I'm kind of underwhelmed by this holiday mount. I really wish it didn't just look like a regular rear end reindeer. I wish it had like a christmas outfit on, or ugly christmas sweater, lights and ornaments on its antlers, etc. stuff like that. leave a trail of gingerbread cookies or something when running or flying. It's really just the special mount button, and occasionally it'll run on the air in a very santa's reindeer fashion. I want the most tacky christmas decoration lookin rear end reindeer ever made. Like drat give it a rudolph nose at least

Lights on the horns would have been nice

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
If they made the reindeer mount abnormally over-festivized, then people would be asking for a regular-rear end reindeer mount.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cleretic posted:

If they made the reindeer mount abnormally over-festivized, then people would be asking for a regular-rear end reindeer mount.

Those people are boring and shouldn't be listened to

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it being a regular reindeer is the funniest option because every other animal in eorzea is absolutely roided out

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
just another victory by the WOKE in their War on CHRISTMAS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The baby yeti from last year was much better.