Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/xoxogossipgita/status/1604539375320277007?s=20&t=5WONnYK1EuoUSAt5leG3fQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

TulliusCicero posted:

Shoold every one be allowed to kick me in my balls and taint repeatedly?

Yes
No

I will abide by the results of this poll

24 hours remain

Too many options, will redo the poll🤣

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

TyrsHTML posted:

My loving 6 year old has never thrown a tantrum like Musk can. Jesus Christ.

My 13 year old kid made a ball out of silly putty and beaned her 12 year old sister in the face over a fight about who had to throw out spoiled milk this morning and the ensuing mayhem was resolved with more grace and maturity than Elon has handled literally anything at Twitter

E: fixed a typo

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

dude is down bad

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Tippecanoe posted:

I always think of I Think You Should Leave whenever I read Musky's posts so maybe Tim Robinson should play him

Elon every waking hour: "I don't know what any of this poo poo is and I'm loving scared 🤣🤣🤣"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Catastrophe posted:

Checking the front page of Reuters. That thousand yard stare.

Just at the game, with my friends totally cheering me on and not at all threatening me while I curl my whole-rear end hand - including the wrist - around some stemware, as you do.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

FBS posted:

dude is down bad

isn't archillect the open secret cia twitter account

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

gently caress me, I have to go to bed for work

Is this psycho trying to ruin all our lives by keeping us awake for his antics at all times?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

John Yossarian posted:

Which actor would you want to play Elon if they made a movie about him? For some reason I was thinking of someone like Bill Hader, but I'm not sure if he could pull it off. He's great on Barry so maybe he could.

Hideo Kojima

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

You're all wrong, Adam Sandler should play Musk. His character in Uncut Gems is basically how I picture Musk feeling inside right now.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
If he tanks the world economy, his companies look better relatively speaking!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
What’s the poll at?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The Saddest Rhino posted:

isn't archillect the open secret cia twitter account

I’ve never heard this. It’s supposedly an A.I. posting an image every 10 minutes, and it’s posting images similar to whatever gets it the most engagement previously. It tends to go down weird fetish-y cul de sacs every once in a while, so I assume there’s some level of human intervention steering it to prevent it from just posting erotica non-stop.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Senor Tron posted:

You're all wrong, Adam Sandler should play Musk. His character in Uncut Gems is basically how I picture Musk feeling inside right now.

"This is how I win" promptly sets fire to 44 billion dollars

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Frank Frank posted:

What’s the poll at?

On Twitter

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TulliusCicero posted:

:hmbol:

Why the 24 hour poll?

What are you even doing Elon?

Thank you for this honor

He makes them all go long in the hopes his fans will somehow accumulate and rally against the Woke Mind Virus Libs to outnumber them.

And remember; There really are no bots because he brute-forced a working solution of mass-blocking IP's from the offending regions bits mostly came from, so there's no way for conservatives to put a thumb on the scale.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I don’t have a Twitter account so I’m asking the thread. Hth

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Frank Frank posted:

56.3% Yes to :getout:

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Voting No, run it to the ground.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

gently caress me, I have to go to bed for work

Is this psycho trying to ruin all our lives by keeping us awake for his antics at all times?

Musks whole bit is ":siren: PAY ATTENTION TO ME :siren:" regardless of if that attention is good or bad, his cult of personality is basically self perpetuating at this point.

When he's 'winning' he'll make some fuckwit decision like a fuckwit, and then he'll just reply to whatever tweet lines up with whatever fuckwittery he's trying to effuse - and they'll all be single one word posts or emojis.
When he's losing and has his hypocrisy pointed out he just straight up suspends/bans whoever is mean to him because he's a child

That's it.
That's the whole bit.

It'd be hilarious if he didn't just fire a lot of people, regardless of what you think of mega corps, and waste $44 billion just so he could be a fuckwit without repercussions instead of investing it in the betterment of mankind

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

mikemil828 posted:

56.3% Yes to :getout:

Ty. I’d have to imagine at this point it’s going to take a lot to move the needle so depending on what timeframe Musk sets for “the answer”, he’s likely going to lose

What a goddamned moron

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Frank Frank posted:

Can’t vote without a Twitter account. Can’t see the current results without voting first. :sad:

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Frank Frank posted:

the "should i quit" poll is up yes 56%, the "should we ban links poll" is up no 84%

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Can’t vote without a Twitter account. Can’t see the current results without voting first. :sad:

I’m cool with just asking people who still do have accounts so that’s working out ok so far.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

TyrsHTML posted:

My loving 6 year old has never thrown a tantrum like Musk can. Jesus Christ.

well, melon has the advantage of decades of practice at the fine art of pitching hissy fits

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I assume he finally decided he wanted someone else in the position hoping they'd absorb all the backlash, and made the poll attempting to look like he accepted public opinion?
(not that it would stop him from making decisions and tweeting 24/7 anyway)

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Frank Frank posted:

Yes, a lot of us deleted our accounts so we rely on this thread to see what percent each poll is at

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

Ty. I’d have to imagine at this point it’s going to take a lot to move the needle so depending on what timeframe Musk sets for “the answer”, he’s likely going to lose

What a goddamned moron

There's also the Other Poll

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He makes them all go long in the hopes his fans will somehow accumulate and rally against the Woke Mind Virus Libs to outnumber them.

And remember; There really are no bots because he brute-forced a working solution of mass-blocking IP's from the offending regions bits mostly came from, so there's no way for conservatives to put a thumb on the scale.

My dms suggest there are plenty of bots, as does any sport post that gets spammed with the same betting website replies.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The new CEO of twitter will be that head of lettuce that outlasted liz truss

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

lol Jesus Christ! Is that for real?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Senor Tron posted:

gently caress you

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Very disappointed that Musk stepping down option is winning. I want to see what other dumbass ideas he has to try to get respect/admiration/money

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Voting yes leads to shortterm lols but is probably already planned for by felon, voting no is the correct longterm answer to farm lols until the site finishes burning down

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Elon is a great example of why we should've had a driver's license for the internet.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Starks posted:

My dms suggest there are plenty of bots, as does any sport post that gets spammed with the same betting website replies.

There seems to have been some change that hides replies from bots or at least sorts them lower but other than that they're absolutely still there

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

lol Jesus Christ! Is that for real?

it's real and it's spectacular

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
only 21 hours left until Our overlord will destroy it all
lol

Adbot