Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

He's Popeye the spun out man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Huge shoutout to the bloke clearly in his 80s rocking a fully padded hockey set skating around castledine station car park hitting a ball around

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Huge shoutout to the bloke clearly in his 80s rocking a fully padded hockey set skating around castledine station car park hitting a ball around

Beats dying in a brothel in your 70s.

quote:

Police are investigating after the body of an elderly man was found in a Sydney brothel on Sunday evening.

Emergency services were called to the George St premises in Hornsby about 5.30pm after concerns were raised.

A NSW Police spokesman said a crime scene had been established at the “adult premises” with an investigation underway.

“Emergency services were called … following reports of a concern for welfare,” the spokesman said.

“Officers attached to Kuring-Gai police area command attended and found a man, believed to be aged in his 70s, deceased.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/n...fbbf07e0bc17595

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
at least he died happy

between the thighs of a lady of the night

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Better than a lot of other ways to go out hey.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

spaceblancmange posted:

can i read the trip reports on erowid yet?

quote:

I laid on bed, now I could relax and "enjoy" the trip, I saw different types of arachnids on the wall, but out of sudden I had to pee, gently caress, I got up, went in toilet, very few came out, back in my room, seconds later, this urge to take a leak again? gah, I was growing tired and bored from running back and forth, I couldn't focus on the trip, soon I found out that I literally had no pee left in me, that's when I realized that itprobably was a side effect, back in my room again, laid in my warm bed, took my phone, put on some music and started reading some irrelevant stuff on web, suddenly I heard a loud thunderstorm, I could feel the wind blowing on my face, I turned off the lights, music, devices, now I could really trip out, but my room was still bright blue, I was confused, I looked around, there was a thunderstorm in my room, which was real, I could see the lightning, hear it, hear the sea waves, feel the wind, lightning cracked my ceiling, in a way I was terrified, I saw arachnids coming out of the corners, cracks, making webs, webs were following the direction of a wind, which was blowing right in my face, spiders started their descend, soon they were all over my face, I got out of bed, shaked the spiders off from my face and body, got rid of web, and laid back in bed, thought I'd sleep, that's when caterpillars and different centipedes appeared, I'm scared of those, so I squashed a few with my body, spiders started trapping and rolling dead and alive centipedes in their webs, pulling them up in the ceiling corners, I was delighted that arachnids were helping me, my body was covered in blood, I couldn't sleep like that, plus I felt that I was overheating, so I decided to take a cold shower.

I got off bed, wearing only boxers, my mom was about to take a shower, but apparently, according to her, I kicked her out of bath and went in myself, prior to that we had a conversation about calling an ambulance, which I can't recall at all, seems I was walking around the house, warning my mom, mumbling not to step on the spiders;

I'm in a bath, sitting on a toilet, got rid of an extra weight and went in shower, spiders were there as well, I was fed up, so I washed them off from walls, in other words, made the whole place wet, now I could take a shower, I lost time again, according to my mom, I had started growling and banging on the door, making odd noises, mumbling "spiders, spiders are everywhere", I fell in the bathtub, that's when I regained some fragment of my consciousness, as I'm laying on the bathtub floor, I could feel my body overheat, I was burning up, but I was too tripped out to change the temperature to cold, so o overheated my body even more, I lost time again, now I'm at a bathroom door, naked, except I'm holding a bathroom curtain on my shoulders, using it as a cape, waters still on, the place is drenched, miraculously I managed to open the door, my mom was standing in front of me, looking at her idiot, completely naked, 22 y/o son, who covered his back and arse with a bathroom curtain, in a disgraced manner, my dick dangling around, squatting, trying to pick up non-existent spiders from the floor, yelling, mumbling and warning not to step on them.

I lost time again, my mom told me the following: "as you were trying to pick the spiders up from the floor I grabbed your arm and told you to sober up, you put your jacket on while still wearing the bathroom curtain and left pair of two different flip flops, you yelled at me to leave you alone and that you were going in a climbing gym, I grabbed your arm tighter, then you started freaking out, I couldn't hold onto you, you started running around, growling, screeching, I was scared, in a few minutes an ambulance arrived, you were still naked, running around with a bathroom curtain on your shoulders, swinging your junk around, flirting with the medic, asking them if it was her first year in a med school, we managed to sit you down on chair, you refused to put on clothes, or even a a towel to cover up, your balls were resting on the chair, and your pp was resting on your balls, I felt ashamed for you, you were still flirting her, they injected you with something".

I kind of regained my grasp for reality, I put on a towel on my lap to cover myself up, they measured my heart rate and blood pressure, medic showed me the numbers, I'm in a med school and when I saw that my blood pressure was 80(Sys)-40(Dia) with 180 BPM and a very low saturation, I knew I was hosed and I absolutely had to go with them, friend of mine, to which I called earlier came at my place to accompany me in the hospital, they dressed me up, but for some reason they were putting on an extra pair of socks on me, I thought to myself that they were mad at and just rolled with it, few minutes later I'm ready to go, we're in an ambulance car, my friend is documenting my delirium, I'm seeing spiders, smoking phantom cigarettes, answering medics and my friends questions, feeling great, looking like a total mad man.

https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=114178

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
is it possible for a rat test from late last year/early this year to not pick up the newest strain?

i thought i might have just had the virus thats going round but my sense of taste has gone and i am concerned

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Housing in this country is driving me to despair. Any Australians in this thread living in another country they can recommend?

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Non Compos Mentis posted:

is it possible for a rat test from late last year/early this year to not pick up the newest strain?

i thought i might have just had the virus thats going round but my sense of taste has gone and i am concerned
https://www.tga.gov.au/products/covid-19/covid-19-tests/post-market-review-antigen-and-rapid-antigen-tests (PDF at the bottom)

No tick or cross just means they haven't gotten an independent test. But it will state what the manufacturer claims it can test for in the right-hand column.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
I thought rats had short expiry dates anyway. Also rats are great at giving false negatives, especially when your symptoms are mild. Mine are coming back positive rn but I had a fever, aches, congestion, no smell, low sp02, elevated HR and a cough. Day 4 and fevers gone but everything else still sucks.

Got a woolies delivery, they had rats 50% off

Edit: the 50% off rats from woolies were manufactured January this year and expire in less than 30 days lol. Tried one, came up positive. The prior tests I took were more recently made and from my local pharmacy.

Bald Stalin fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Dec 19, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

OI OI OI

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I'm getting very loving sick of the idiot over the road letting fireworks off every night and stressing my dog out.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Jestery posted:

You wiping your brow and muttering under your breath while searching for some paper towel

*Busts*
*Uses a saucier spoon to make an attractive decorative pattern*
*Immediately pulls a teatowel from the back pocket to clean up around the edges*

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
A saucier spoon is just a normal spoon picked up in an op shop ime

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
In the Valley after dropping my car off for a service bit too early to drop into thread bottlo worker to wish him a very merry Christmas.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

femcastra posted:

In the Valley after dropping my car off for a service bit too early to drop into thread bottlo worker to wish him a very merry Christmas.

Im not there today anyway but thank you. Im mowing lawns with the brother in law and sister which means im spending a lot of time thinking about how a green bin full of week old grass smells virtually indistinguishable from horse poo

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Put up a temporary fence to stop the loving pademelon getting into our garden and eating leafy greens and tomato plants. I busted him the day before and he sensed I was pissed and cheesed it before I could club him to death with a length of PVC pipe.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Housing in this country is driving me to despair. Any Australians in this thread living in another country they can recommend?

My parents-in-law are likely to be in Sweden for the near future, so if you don't mind doing crime in a foreign country, I know an apartment in KL you could squat.

The complex has a pretty good mamak and a swimming pool.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
pademelon

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Let the fuzzball eat, it's too cute

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Im not there today anyway but thank you. Im mowing lawns with the brother in law and sister which means im spending a lot of time thinking about how a green bin full of week old grass smells virtually indistinguishable from horse poo

What is a wheelie bin on a hot day but an upright, boxy UV stabilised plastic horse with wheels?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

EoinCannon posted:

What is a wheelie bin on a hot day but an upright, boxy UV stabilised plastic horse with wheels?

Beaten

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Kharnifex posted:

Let the fuzzball eat, it's too cute

No. It eats stuff we want to eat then parks it's fat arse amongst the garlic and asparagus and shits everywhere. It ate all our neighbour's lettuces too.

Hoppy must die.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I would simply sacrifice the critter to the god of your choice to ensure a bountiful harvest

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Elissimpark posted:

No. It eats stuff we want to eat then parks it's fat arse amongst the garlic and asparagus and shits everywhere. It ate all our neighbour's lettuces too.

Hoppy must die.

Maybe that's the way it happened the night , I was born....

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I would simply sacrifice the critter to the god of your choice to ensure a bountiful harvest

Xipe Totec it is.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

About ready to punch my younger brother in the mouth over his antivax poo poo. Still refuses to get any covid shot, when remarking on my sister's unborn baby and the whole "people should have their whooping cough shot" thing he said "well I won't be getting any vaccinations so if I need to stay away then I will", and today linked everyone some article about pfizer killing people or whatever and when politely told to stop talking about vaccines said "I'm not I'm just sharing something that was interesting". You know, the whole "I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU" thing.

loving dipshit. Glad his dumbass marrow has been removed from my body.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

About ready to punch my younger brother in the mouth over his antivax poo poo. Still refuses to get any covid shot, when remarking on my sister's unborn baby and the whole "people should have their whooping cough shot" thing he said "well I won't be getting any vaccinations so if I need to stay away then I will", and today linked everyone some article about pfizer killing people or whatever and when politely told to stop talking about vaccines said "I'm not I'm just sharing something that was interesting". You know, the whole "I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU" thing.

All of human history pre 1900s:

Dying in billions to diseases.

1900-2000:

Vaccines prevent billions of deaths.

2022:

Lol vaccines are the real threat germs aren't real lololo

Literally too stupid to live.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

kirbysuperstar posted:

I tell myself that getting angry at these people doesn't achieve anything, they've been lied to and brainwashed and deserve pity and understanding but I can't help it, they make me angry

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

EoinCannon posted:

they've been lied to and brainwashed

Yes.

EoinCannon posted:

and deserve pity and understanding

No.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

kirbysuperstar posted:

How can he be a stem cell donor and not understand how compromised immunity works?

We all got whooping cough boosters in 2018 before my grand-daughter was born and we're getting them again before my grandson is born in May.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

kirbysuperstar posted:

Suggestion: Kill him

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I've been consuming a series that interviews people who have lost family members to q-anon/right wing/dumb/Facebook brain and it's honestly really sad

The emotion they describe is grief for someone who isn't dead

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

IIRC he listens to jorps so yeeeaaaah

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Fill a tranquilizer dart with the latest COVID booster, hunt him for sport with a dart rifle.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

kirbysuperstar posted:

:sever: his spine

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

kirbysuperstar posted:

My condolences

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I've got a very successful BIL who told me he's been listening to Jorp's audiobooks. I really like the guy and he's a pretty regular dude. He had kids young and never really got any proper education but managed to get into sales and do very well for himself. Now his kids are approaching 18 and he's looking at buying a plot of land to spread out on, reading books, doing more camping and working less. I think he's honestly just searching and I can't hold it against him because I've certainly read questionable stuff when I was younger and studying.

He's on the anti-vax stuff too and its just unfortunate overall. We tend to just not discuss that kind of stuff because we share a lot of values but are just opposite ends of the spectrum politically. Thankfully he's not the kinda guy to browbeat you with something he just read. I can't stand folks who have read one book in the past 10 years and internalize it entirely.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Poohs Packin posted:

who have read one book in the past 10 years and internalize it entirely.

JK Rowling should be tried in the Hague before you even take into consideration her TERF beliefs.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Drinking a beer i got given for doing some irl power washing and playing power washing simulator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

So glad I got a math brain

Doing home brew and I've been able to shoot for, and match to within a percent the alcohol and sugar content of my partner's favourite cider