Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Senor Tron posted:

This take is weird from goons when most of us kept using SA through decades of Lowtax.

Sanctimonious declarations are one of the gooniest things ever and always have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
Looks like we're going to get Emo Elon for a while now.

BREAKING NEWS: Elon Musk in talks with his mother about getting to paint his bedroom black.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I sincerely doubt he was expecting to lose just like he was expecting to get cheers at the chapelle show

Yeah same I think he thought he’d win easily and easy the pressure he’s probably been getting from the people whose money he’s pissed up the wall

https://twitter.com/birdtickler/status/1604802120493981696?s=46&t=mg3KzVGunLL6nngs_VhE4w

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

MikeJF posted:

He's gonna ban everyone who voted yes.

This would be pretty funny tbh.

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1604650028999405568?s=20&t=tICRXvKtd0RGHUw94syfGw
This deserves a celebratory song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkFryJP3zpY

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I sincerely doubt he was expecting to lose just like he was expecting to get cheers at the chapelle show

I'M RICK BINCH

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

keep punching joe posted:

This would be pretty funny tbh.

That would legit be the funniest thing hes ever done.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mr Havafap posted:

Elom crashing out is the best option, there's no way he has someone ready to take over, and I doubt there many willing to (competent ones I mean)

There's literally a list of people that already exists for the job the Chancery Court will appoint swiftly if he doesn't.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

That would legit be the funniest thing hes ever done.

So that rules out him doing that, then

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

SlimGoodbody posted:

Is that good

Worst Marry, gently caress, Kill game ever.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Who loving cares honestly. gently caress billionaires

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0

:elon:

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Propaganda Hour posted:

I'M RICK BINCH

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Is that the only shirt he has?

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Elon Musk’s Twitter poll: 10 million say he should step down

It is amazing how hard the writer had to work to keep from calling him a shrieking entitled manbaby, but they very strongly implied it:

quote:

On Sunday, Musk reacted by banning all links to other social networks, including Mastodon, Instagram, Facebook, and even minor platforms such as Nostr, used by the Twitter founder Jack Dorsey, and Linktree, a homepage creation tool favoured by influencers.

That ban was rescinded by the end of the day, following a Twitter poll from the Twitter Safety account, with Musk saying that “Going forward, there will be a vote for major policy changes. My apologies. Won’t happen again.” But the move was the final straw for some. Paul Graham, an Anglo-American venture capitalist who had just a month earlier backed Musk, saying “It’s remarkable how many people who’ve never run any kind of company think they know how to run a tech company better than someone who’s run Tesla and SpaceX.” Graham also declared the move “the last straw” and told users they could find a link to his Mastodon profile on his personal website. His account was suspended for the post.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I'm here to say one thing

:lol:

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

keep punching joe posted:

Is that the only shirt he has?

It's part of the standard ultrarich get up. To pretend you're above such things as fashion or whatever and just wear badly fitting t-shirts and jeans. You see it a lot on those poo poo repost accounts on Instagram or whatever a lot "poor people dress like THIS but rich people dress like THIS". Conveniently ignoring people like that Indian millionaire who wore a solid gold shirt and got beaten to death last week. Lol.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Roblo posted:

Conveniently ignoring people like that Indian millionaire who wore a solid gold shirt and got beaten to death last week. Lol.

Non-factor, removed from equation.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1604552044127301633?s=20&t=fmEq6SkcocWC-om7gzgmWw

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I imagine many authoritarians are happy about Twitter being hosed by an angry idiot. If I was a paranoid type of person I would suspect that this was the plan all along.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
He sure was hanging out with a great bunch over there.

https://twitter.com/Andy_Scollick/status/1604801660454195200?t=q8faQBwBdQiDzYBzE9tD6g&s=08

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

MikeJF posted:

He's gonna ban everyone who voted yes.

I was tempted to vote "no" to preserve the chaos but I couldn't risk not being hit by this if it happened.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

He finally stopped tweeting.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

There Bias Two posted:

He finally stopped tweeting.

that just means someone stole his phone

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

goddammit post you gently caress

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
It feels like greeting an old friend when you can finally post: “make the tweet you fat wet bitch” again

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's gonna hand it over to his new good buddy Kushner in a final attempt to get Trump back & tweeting again.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

BOTS :argh:

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1604810383646027776

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I instructed my bots to all slam "no." Who's telling theirs to vote 'yes'!?

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

Infinitum posted:

Who loving cares honestly. gently caress billionaires

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0

:elon:

CM Punk Stone Cold 2024!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Seems loving disrespectful to the genius Musk, who personally wrote all that code to block the bots a few weeks ago, to assume that his code would be flawed enough to let bots in

Why do you hate Musk Kim? Why do you hate free speech?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He'll tweet again when he's finished getting his joker makeup applied.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
He might be on a plane back from qatar and as such has limited access to internet?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

What?!?! I thought she was of Georgian descent???

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Elon: "fiat lux. Carpe diem. Caveat Emptor"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ilmucche posted:

He might be on a plane back from qatar and as such has limited access to internet?

What, no Starlink?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

what does kim.com even do now that he doesn't run a loving filez site

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Only an idiot would set that poll to finish when they are unable to communicate, so it is quite likely.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Twitter outlived the world cup.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

ilmucche posted:

He's desperately redesigning his "I'm CEO, bitch" business card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

temple posted:

Twitter outlived the world cup.

Never underestimate the power of Epic Trolls! 🤣🤣🤣