Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It takes time to refuel. They're not meant to be high pressure filled like a fighter jet getting midair'd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Chinese elon musk should take over twitter I think

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
God drat, he was really 100% wearing a girdle at the World Cup wasn't he.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

sugar free jazz posted:

Chinese elon musk should take over twitter I think

Whoever owns Weibo (the Chinese government?) should take over Twitter.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/TheAlanShane/status/1604670334120206337

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Watch him try to fake his own death to try to get out of things. The assassination comments were just him seeing the scene, his actual plan is to crash his own UK-royalty-level funeral to be showered in adulation once the unwashed public realizes their technoking is alive

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

E the Shaggy posted:

God drat, he was really 100% wearing a girdle at the World Cup wasn't he.

Yes. If he's wearing a shirt, he's wearing a girdle.

Because, despite being the (formerly) richest man on earth, he can't find the time or money to hire a personal trainer (because he's too busy pity posting on Twitter).

This is also the guy that, hair plugs, girdle, and all, would likely post "Interesting 🤔" in response to some screed about how gender affirming cosmetics for trans people are bad because he's omega mad that his girlfriend dumped him for a trans woman.

Money makes being happy easier, but it sure as poo poo can't fix everything. Like being a pissbaby with daddy issues. :lol:

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
It would be a pretty good troll if he just started tweeting about random SpaceX poo poo.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

He was auto erotic asphyxiating himself on ElonJet when the turbulence hit :ohdear:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/SnoopDogg/status/1604656918844256257

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

tox populi vox bai

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Hobo Clown posted:

He was auto erotic asphyxiating himself on ElonJet when the turbulence hit :ohdear:

he heard the news hours ago and now the bin on his private jet is full of bits of paper scrawled with abandoned come-back tweets and poor attempts at drawing the cry-laugh emoji

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Tippecanoe posted:

Say the line Elon!!!!

I've seen a musk

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

toiletbrush posted:

he heard the news hours ago and now the bin on his private jet is full of bits of paper scrawled with abandoned come-back tweets and poor attempts at drawing the cry-laugh emoji

Yeah? Well the cringe store called!

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

What's the opposite of "go woke go broke"?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
elon was sent to the Past while in flight and he's currently tearing up sheets of paper at an empty airport

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

:popclap:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Reality.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Go fash get cash bashed?

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

The bog standard reality the rest of us have been operating in for the past few decades. But I guess if you really need a phrase for it "Not being a dick to people for no reason is good, actually."

Edit: drat, beaten.

Zesty posted:

Reality.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ssomebody good with money help me budget this, my company is dying

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

lol and lmao at the article name

https://fortune.com/2022/12/19/tesla-stock-rise-results-elon-musk-twitter-poll/amp/

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
So much for that supposed rise in Tesla stock.

TulliusCicero posted:

Ssomebody good with money help me budget this, my company is dying

Buy less Twitter

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

John Yossarian posted:

Which actor would you want to play Elon if they made a movie about him? For some reason I was thinking of someone like Bill Hader, but I'm not sure if he could pull it off. He's great on Barry so maybe he could.

i've got an old bowl of oatmeal I left out that's been getting kind of moldy . It's not very charismatic, but its a dead ringer.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Babylon Bee editor on poll truther duty

https://twitter.com/JoelWBerry/status/1604869767655198720?s=20&t=xkWH6iRbSw6ZkET5sviT2Q

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

"Sleep on top of a giant pile of money," what Musk should've been doing this whole time.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

MAR
GIN
CALL

MAR
GIN
CALL

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

LMAO at all of this

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Beefed Owl posted:

Tesla stock crashing and burning like, well, a Tesla...

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

Musk. He had more reach than her, fell further since he had a good reputation before this, and hosed up more things even harder. Truss would be a contender for "dumbest public figure making GBS threads all over themself this year" award normally, but Musk has pretty much blown everyone in history away with his public implosion. If there are history books a thousand years from now, people will be reading about Musk and Twitter while Truss has been reduced to a footnote.

Truss remarkably had the political nous to manoeuvre herself to the top job in the U.K., which is no mean feat, and if she had played her cards right she’d have been PM for 2+ years, putting her in underwhelming but respectable company rather than a footnote PM. Now she’s just a laughing stock.

Musk’s reputation hit is probably far greater, but it’s plausible this hilarious episode ends with him only being CEO of two major corporations and reduced to the second-richest man on earth.

The commonality is that they both totally hosed it when doing so was completely avoidable, but Musk probably retains his pre-Twitter influence in the world while Truss destroyed her career.

keep punching joe posted:

Musk is funnier.

Truss' incompetence will cause people to die.

Sunak’s competence is causing people to die, the difference is in the level of spectacle. I don’t think it’s helpful to imply he has saved the U.K. from a Truss premiership. The Tories are all in this together.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

"Every opinion I don't like is made up by the deep state"

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
quote="CaptainSarcastic" post="528531947"]
Why are the chuds mad about Brie Larson? I must've missed that particular piece of fuckwittery.
[/quote]

Scorchy posted:

Venn diagram of comic movie fans and men who hate women

Its weirder than that. I literally made a new google account just to get away from grifter youtube outrage merchants. That dude literially made bank by loving yelling "GO WOKE GO BROKE"

brie said something like "if you dont like it then its not for you" or maybe it was a "then dont see the movie then"

Oh yeah I think I might be confusing his hate boner for brie with his "notice me senpai" Please notice me senpai" for that Gina lady that got kicked off of Mandalorian.

Anyway the brie thing isnt anything near gamergate levels it was IMO just thing to whine about while promoting his sponsors.

the comic book/movie culture war is so stupid. The only aspect I find fascinating is how it started with iron man and now it covers so many movies and tv show I ve lost track of every.

To bring it back on point jermey doing notice me elon musk is just sad, and I hope he and his wife dont get impregnated by musk

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I invested in Tesla made a small 5 figure return.

I now short Tesla and hope for a 6 figure return

Thanks O'musk

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Beefed Owl posted:

Buy less Twitter

Why do you hate Free Speech? Curious

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/19/sen-warren-warns-tesla-board-about-musk-conflicts-of-interest-with-twitter.html

Apparently there are rules about appropriating assets from public companies to prop up private ones (i.e. using Tesla engineers to review Twitter code)

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

This is why you shouldn't allow mail-in voting on Twitter polls. Rigged!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

https://twitter.com/GaryBowersox/status/1604873379298828288?t=9067aSUi-nSQmhwXY4OD1w&s=19

lol

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
If the second anniversary of Jan 6th is marked by a riot of Muskrats claiming he’s being ousted by the deep state :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Nameless Pete posted:

"Sleep on top of a giant pile of money," what Musk should've been doing this whole time.

The real lesson I'm getting here is that the only good big name in tech is Myspace Tom. He made a fairly successful website, sold it before it collapsed, and hosed off with his cartoon sacks of cash to.... *checks wikipedia*... do photography at Burning Man.

It's not really his fault that he mainstreamed social media as there's fair argument to be made that he was just one of many people going "how do I make forums digestible for normal people". As far as I can tell, he had the sense to not let it go to his head, and seems to have just gone and lived his drat life instead of deciding that his giant pile of money and (temporarily) successful website means he's god made flesh.