Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Short shrift to the Basques, the Walloons, the Sami, etc. but otherwise no mistakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I'm trying to square Waffen Haus' posting with him having a telepathic link to Grimes, believing her kid is an AI, and stalking Elon Musk.

How do Political grandpas fit into the bigger picture?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
This was also brought us a lot of people popping out of the woodwork in wargaming discords to claim that the invasion of iraq was a good thing and the United States made iraq a much better place

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

OctaMurk posted:

here is funny enough poo poo on twitter or reddit to syq

quote:

Look, this is what Julia Ioffe actually said:

https://twitter.com/juliaioffe/status/997513129759334405?lang=en

Ioffe has even been terminated in her job before for being politically incorrect in her criticisms against prominent far-right figure Trump. You're basically saying the meaning we can extract from one selfie with Richard Spencer outweighs her larger body of work criticizing far right public figures. A picture versus a body of work. Chew on that.

Edit: She has worked with and contributed for Washington Post, The New York Times, New Yorker, and Puck, (among others) all of which are mostly center-left.

Additional edit: You love misrepresenting people, don't you? Are you being sexist or something? The quote about sarin gas was Ioffe explaining NATO's logic about the use of sarin gas. She was vehemently against the use of sarin gas but was explaining the absurdity of the eurocentric logic of NATO, that they don't care about war crimes as long as it's not in their backyard. She was obviously making the same argument as the "First they came..." prose, and only intentionally daft listeners would interpret it otherwise.

Again. Be better.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Sunday’s New York Times crossword puzzle’s shape is a lovely tribute to Ukraine

Pretzel Rod Serling has issued a correction as of 16:55 on Dec 19, 2022

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

I'm certain Canada will find a worse way to use the money than leaving it with Russian oligarchs. Great news for banderites

Al Jazeera posted:

The Canadian government says it will start the process to seize and pursue the forfeiture of $26 million from Granite Capital Holdings Ltd, a company owned by the Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich.

Russian oligarchs are complicit in the “illegal and barbaric invasion of Ukraine”, and Canada “will not be a haven for their ill-gotten gains,” Canadian Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland said in a statement.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Seems the power situation keeps getting worse, reports are the latest strikes today may have included larger payloads capable of breaking through the concrete block structures Ukraine was using to protect transformers

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i love how the western rules based order just fuckin loves stealing money

they still haven't given all the gold back to Venezuela. Just outright banditry.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Regarde Aduck posted:

they still haven't given all the gold back to Venezuela. Just outright banditry.

it's the golden rules based order: he who has the gold makes the rules.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/kennardmatt/status/1604120771332214785

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Mothmanifesting/status/1604827326751154176

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gradenko_2000 posted:

this was the guy that was stalking Elon Musk???

this photo of the suspect was just released

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Regarde Aduck posted:

we need to fight anti democratic authoritarian forces in Venezuela, by giving all of Venezuela’s money to a guy we picked to be president for them who has exactly zero local support.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

oh so we're just supposed to trust a guy who lied about WMDs now??

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

speng31b posted:

Seems the power situation keeps getting worse, reports are the latest strikes today may have included larger payloads capable of breaking through the concrete block structures Ukraine was using to protect transformers

But if we put that wit the new Ukrainian info about Moscow only having enough missiles for 4 more strikes, then there are only 3 strikes left. Then it can all be rebuilt.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

speng31b posted:

I'm certain Canada will find a worse way to use the money than leaving it with Russian oligarchs. Great news for banderites

lol letting this woman advance as far as she has, where she is now nakedly using the Government of Canada to pursue her own agenda, is so loving dangerous but she's a #GirlBoss so there will be no pushback or opposition from within her own cultural sphere.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Waffen house was the stalker? Seriously? What level of confidence we talking about here?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Starsfan posted:

Waffen house was the stalker? Seriously? What level of confidence we talking about here?

check the epstein thread, he works for uber eats and made a series of rambling posts about musk and grimes AI baby sending him coded messages in second life and musk controlling his brain with neuralink

back in 2021

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Seems on par for cspam posters tbh

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol thinking about how the media covered the large pyramidal hotel in Pyongyang as supposed evidence of the regime's decay

if trump had signed a peace treaty with them and dropped all sanctions he could have had that thing renamed as the Trump Pyongyang lol

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

You shouldn't laugh at schizophrenics languishing untreated by the monstrous American healthcare system

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Waffle House posted:

you're right, that should have said, "I spend zero time doing that, ever because it is not even remotely within my realm of concern" let me fix that just so there's nothing for people to trip over in all their excitement

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

crepeface posted:

are we allowed to quote things from the old thread because that time a gbs (?) poster sincerely claimed that 'at least the US helped rebuild afghanistan' was an all-timer.

Yes, posts from inside CSPAM and especially the old thread are fair game. I'd ask that people don't overdo it, but otherwise, have fun.

e: OH, but no quoting posts that SYQed posts from DnD or GBS. Don't try to exploit any loopholes, you rapscallions!:argh:

Majorian has issued a correction as of 18:45 on Dec 19, 2022

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crepeface posted:

are we allowed to quote things from the old thread because that time a gbs (?) poster sincerely claimed that 'at least the US helped rebuild afghanistan' was an all-timer.

gently caress that one was good

it wasn’t even quantifying miles of road built, or millions of people with clean water, it was just the number of raw dollars the US dumped into grift ‘rebuilding’ projects :allears:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Slavvy posted:

You shouldn't laugh at schizophrenics languishing untreated by the monstrous American healthcare system

yeah I agree with this, feel sorry for the guy. Glad that things never came to a head (outside of him apparently jumping on the hood of one of Musk's vehicles) and maybe this can be worked out somehow where he doesn't end up getting shot by one of Musk's security guards.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Salean posted:

oh so we're just supposed to trust a guy who lied about WMDs now??

And defended the flattening of Grozny?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

as he got worse he posted in gbs more. Make of that what you will.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Starsfan posted:

lol it wasnt waffle house, people dug up some of his posts that made some funny similarities and leapt off from there because it would have been too good if true (which it isnt)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

speng31b posted:

lol it wasnt waffle house, people dug up some of his posts that made some funny similarities and leapt off from there because it would have been too good if true (which it isnt)

aww

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Starsfan posted:

100%

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
Waffle House is some guy who was political during 2022

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

iCe-CuBe. posted:

Waffle House is some guy who was political during 2022

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS