Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

CTR is awesome but tbqh it’s kinda a better game for doing time trials and poo poo then for doing actual racing. The issue with having so much advanced tech and crazy shortcuts that can be done without items is that it makes online races really lopsided, with one guy doing perfect lines way ahead of the pack while everyone else is stuck in item hell. Getting hit by an item at the wrong time can literally cost you like half a minute because of how important maintaining your momentum is for going fast in that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

SkeletonHero posted:

I don't get the thread title, is it supposed to be a pun on "The Best Nuts?"

yup uou got it

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’d always pronounced Zebes as Zeebs. So for me, it’s Zeebs Nuts, like Deez nut.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's a pun on "The Best Nuts"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

American McGay posted:

It's a pun on "The Best Nuts"

this

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So sad Ridley died of Ligma.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
who's ridley

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Cartoon Man posted:

So sad Ridley died of Ligma.

What's Ridley?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The protagonist in the original D&D movie

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ridley my balls hah ha got ‘em!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Mister Facetious posted:

The protagonist in the original D&D movie

nice

Cartoon Man posted:

Ridley my balls hah ha got ‘em!

haha

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i prefer kraid

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Kraid my rear end

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Nobody ever asks "how's Ridley".

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
More like Mother Bang

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Scholtz posted:

Portal 2 still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth because when it came out, if you got the PS3 version you got the Steam version for free as well, and all you had to do was link your PSN and Steam accounts together.

Yeah, about that...

I should've been quicker. :negative:

thank you internet for protecting my rights by stealing my information :911:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
samus doesnt know how to talk

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

She talks in metroid prime

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

She says ‘The best nuts’

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETbMj3cE7YA

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

grill youre saelf posted:

I feel like I'm missing something, but I just got Mario Kart from the library and am having the hardest time "getting into it." I haven't played a mario kart since the n64 version and I get the concept. I just played through two of the single player gp races (150cc) and got first in every race, so I just put it down...because it just didn't seem fun. It's confusing to me because my childhood consisted of playing the SNES version CONSTANTLY. Perhaps it will be more fun with my kids? (9 and 3 years old).

I'm just happy I didn't purchase the game, but I still feel like I'm missing out on something. Perhaps the New Super Mario brothers U will be better for me and my family.

why are you playing single player Mario kart wtf

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I'm just happy I didn't purchase the game, but I still feel like I'm missing out on something. Perhaps the New Super Mario brothers U will be better for me and my family.

If you felt this way about MK8, try Mario Odyssey or something, NSMBU is notoriously that feeling you just described

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I don't know what it was that didn't grip me in Subnautica the first time I tried it in the summer. Maybe it's because I was still to busy with Triangle Strategy, maybe it's because I was Switchless for a month while abroad. Who knows? I posted about being annoyed at Titanium bars (since I lost a bunch of material making it). Anyway, it's excellent. I've been more focused in my crafting, only collecting and making what I need for the equipment I want. I think the first time I was just collecting everything, with a ton of chests to have a stockpile.

Now I'm a 'Need-only' basis. And the game seems to encourage that since I get clearly plot-related radio calls that keep pulling me further away from the initial crash site. I think I'm going to set up a first camp in some red seaweed fields. Not entirely sure how to do that (I built a foundation), but I'm sure I'll figure it out, the initial hub isn't very big, so space is clearly not important. I really love exploring the sea and the latent sense of danger around every corner. I look forward to when water and food are negligible, they're not such a pressure that it's a huge deal, but it's a small thing to keep in mind. I guess I'll need an aquarium or something.

The game's got me this time, and I'm going to see it through. It's an interesting counterpoint to Metroid in a sense. What I've always liked in that series is the exploration of a hostile alien world, the gameplay was merely an excellent bonus. The game itself has been veering towards finely tuned gameplay with less of a focus on exploration as part of the experience, which is a decision that is perfectly reasonable. So I'm really excited with what's happening in Subnautica since I'm all about exploration.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I don't know what it was that didn't grip me in Subnautica the first time I tried it in the summer. Maybe it's because I was still to busy with Triangle Strategy, maybe it's because I was Switchless for a month while abroad. Who knows? I posted about being annoyed at Titanium bars (since I lost a bunch of material making it). Anyway, it's excellent. I've been more focused in my crafting, only collecting and making what I need for the equipment I want. I think the first time I was just collecting everything, with a ton of chests to have a stockpile.

Now I'm a 'Need-only' basis. And the game seems to encourage that since I get clearly plot-related radio calls that keep pulling me further away from the initial crash site. I think I'm going to set up a first camp in some red seaweed fields. Not entirely sure how to do that (I built a foundation), but I'm sure I'll figure it out, the initial hub isn't very big, so space is clearly not important. I really love exploring the sea and the latent sense of danger around every corner. I look forward to when water and food are negligible, they're not such a pressure that it's a huge deal, but it's a small thing to keep in mind. I guess I'll need an aquarium or something.

The game's got me this time, and I'm going to see it through. It's an interesting counterpoint to Metroid in a sense. What I've always liked in that series is the exploration of a hostile alien world, the gameplay was merely an excellent bonus. The game itself has been veering towards finely tuned gameplay with less of a focus on exploration as part of the experience, which is a decision that is perfectly reasonable. So I'm really excited with what's happening in Subnautica since I'm all about exploration.

Go post your journey here and let us all live vicariously through you:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761615&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=388

We’re usually good with no spoilers for new posters.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Spellman posted:

If you felt this way about MK8, try Mario Odyssey or something, NSMBU is notoriously that feeling you just described

Yeah this, it's more of a sequel to the original smb than any of the other 2d Mario games

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Did this get posted?

https://youtu.be/AMjdUHrjYLs

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

I feel like I'm missing something, but I just got Mario Kart from the library and am having the hardest time "getting into it." I haven't played a mario kart since the n64 version and I get the concept. I just played through two of the single player gp races (150cc) and got first in every race, so I just put it down...because it just didn't seem fun. It's confusing to me because my childhood consisted of playing the SNES version CONSTANTLY. Perhaps it will be more fun with my kids? (9 and 3 years old).

This is partially because the Deluxe Switch version got rid of the progression and unlocks from the Wii U version. You had to play through the game and place well enough to unlock the different cups and all of the secret characters. They still have unlockable kart parts but ehhhhh, that’s not very motivating.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

How brutal is Divinity 2 on the battery?

I want to finally beat this game and not restart in Act 2 AGAIN.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If you wanted to beat Divinity 2 completely in handheld mode you'd have to charge your Switch about 30 times.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
the load times were much longer on Switch than they were for me on PC and a little bit more than that in undocked

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

CTR is awesome but tbqh it’s kinda a better game for doing time trials and poo poo then for doing actual racing. The issue with having so much advanced tech and crazy shortcuts that can be done without items is that it makes online races really lopsided, with one guy doing perfect lines way ahead of the pack while everyone else is stuck in item hell. Getting hit by an item at the wrong time can literally cost you like half a minute because of how important maintaining your momentum is for going fast in that game.

Yeah, getting stuck in kart racer item hell is a lot worse in that game than pretty much any other one due to how fast 1st place can get and how tame catchup items are. Thankfully if you did the Tropy/Oxide trials you could reliably be one of the 2 or 3 people that breaks away from that pack. I quit around the time they introduced mtx to the game so the avg skill level probably increased a ton since then.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Quantum of Phallus posted:

why are you playing single player Mario kart wtf

In my case its because none of my friends can handle 200cc and I just completely stomp them on 150 so noone will play with me :v:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lol at even considering NSMBUD if you haven't gotten Super Mario Maker 2 yet. I don't know if that's your situation, but holy poo poo, SMM2 is infinite Mario, and you don't have to always play in that gross NSMB style. There are trash levels, sure. And there are also insanely creative and fun levels, too.

---

Just got a refund from Nintendo. I had looked up Adventure Time, since my younger son wants that game. I bought it and also saw there was a Skin and Texture pack for Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition. So I bought that, too.

But wait.... What's this? It's downloading a.... different Minecraft version? Oh, it's not the full game, it's just the DLC... for a previous version of the game that they no longer sell and I can no longer buy.

Current version's name: Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition
Previous version's name: Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition

Anyway, I stated my case, was very respectful and understanding, but also made a pretty clear case of "the naming that's used for two products that are apparently different is bullshit", but in much more polite wording.

At the very least, if you're going to delist a game version, then delist the associated DLC. :psyduck:

That situation could be considered "the best nuts".

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Mr.Acula posted:

In my case its because none of my friends can handle 200cc and I just completely stomp them on 150 so noone will play with me :v:

Time trials or online

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

mario maker is extremely ftw. they should do more makers.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

Time trials or online

Still working on 100%ing all the prix. Im not that good im just better than people i know

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mario maker owns but I would not recommend it as a replacement for a full-length Mario game designed by Nintendo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they should make a zelda maker so i can play it for 30 minutes and then never play it again after encountering the first lovely dungeon made by a 6 year old

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Mario Maker has a whole game worth of levels designed by Nintendo in the story mode. Mario Maker is where you should get your 2D Mario fix on Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they should make a zelda maker so i can play it for 30 minutes and then never play it again after encountering the first lovely dungeon made by a 6 year old

They sort of put a Zelda Maker in the Switch remake of Link’s Awakening at least