Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

FFT posted:

I got my buttons! Sneaky Snake and Squatch

Lucky son of a gun!

piiiiiiiiccsssssssss!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I don't remember what Sneaky Snake comes from

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The millisecond Joe Rogan didn’t want to platform Alex’s bullshit Alex melted down about it and called his “friend” a “sneaky snake.”

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I made it to the 5 part Endgame coverage, where I get to learn about the sick violin track that DJ Danarchy remixed. Alex must have a lot of faith that no one will look at the bibliography with lots of <i'll get to it later lol> as sources.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

I'm like 90% sure Dan is the only person to ever look at the bibliography of Endgame

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

FFT posted:

I don't remember what Sneaky Snake comes from

Now tells us...what do Dan's fingertips smell like?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

No, that's privileged information

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

FFT posted:

No, that's privileged information

Tacit sniffing admission.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Somehow I'd forgotten about " horses are psychic and that's been proven"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xORBk9Ta3lY

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Your Gay Uncle posted:

This might be DJ Danarchy's finest work. The Jordan laughs really punctuate some of those clips.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Holy hell, this is both fire and also hilarious. I can't wait to learn about the psychic horses.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

They are such majestic animals.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Hypothesis : Alex doesn’t know what the word “context” means that’s why he think a 20 minute clip can be out of context. He just knows it’s what people say when he shows clips of them. He just is cargo culting that.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Xiahou Dun posted:

Hypothesis : Alex doesn’t know what the word “context” means that’s why he think a 20 minute clip can be out of context. He just knows it’s what people say when he shows clips of them. He just is cargo culting that.

Not really related in any way, but something that I've noticed listening to episodes around the election is that Alex seems to talk about people being "awake" a lot. I haven't really paid enough attention to categorize what he's talking about whenever he uses that word, but it jumps out in retrospect just because of all the right wing backlash over "wokeness", which he probably traffics in himself. I'm presuming he's mostly on about people being aware of "globalist" plots when he uses it, but I find it funny to imagine people accusing him of being part of the woke mind virus or whatever shitslinging catchphrase is in vogue with the right wing media that day because he keeps talking about people being "awake".

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
So I've got two big takeaways from the most recent episode.

1) whatever plausible deniability Alex had when it comes to not being a conscious, self-aware anti-semite is just academically gone.

2) The episode ends with Dan and Jordan having kind of an existential crisis about how they will be able to cover the topic going forward and it's kind of impossible not to agree.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Mark Bankston said it would be a very entertaining year or so to watch Alex and his radio estate circle the drain, but thus far that has been incorrect. Current day Alex really has had the wind taken out of his sails by one thing or another.

It's actually possible that Alex did listen to Knowledge Fight and did figure out a way to counter it; just go all-in on the racism and tramsphobia, while also being super uninteresting about it. Gives his core audience what they want, while also not giving any ammunition to Dan. Dreadfully simple, really.

It is like their original Sandy Hook investigation. True to form, Alex will never give you what you want.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Morroque posted:

tramsphobia

Henry Ford’s hand at work.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Did ever officially stop doing the raptor princess tier or is it just one of those things that got so rare it de facto stopped existing?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Xiahou Dun posted:

Did ever officially stop doing the raptor princess tier or is it just one of those things that got so rare it de facto stopped existing?
The current Patreon tiers are:

$1/m: Thank You Much
$2/m: Wonk
$5/m: Brian Stelter
$10/m: Hillary's Witch Church
$15/m: Technocrat
$20/m: Demon Feast

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

FFT posted:

The current Patreon tiers are:

$1/m: Thank You Much
$2/m: Wonk
$5/m: Brian Stelter
$10/m: Hillary's Witch Church
$15/m: Technocrat
$20/m: Demon Feast

Yes, but that doesn't actually answer my question.

Also pretty annoyed at myself for typing that whole sentence and just skipping right over the "they" at the beginning. Great job, brain ; no need sentential subject.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I thought Raptor Princess was a special thing they gave out to special people, not buyable.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

I thought Raptor Princess was a special thing they gave out to special people, not buyable.

Exactly.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

It was never officially retired. I think getting more successful made it harder to quantify who would get it. Like, they've got more fans making cool stuff for the show, but they can't ALL be raptor princesses. And then there are the really cool people helping them out by coming onto the show for interviews or discussions, but it seems weird to make a guest a raptor princess. Especially if they're there talking about Sandy Hook.

It's also possible Dan forgot about it for a while and now it's been so long he feels weird about it. The man loves to overthink.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I think the person who grabbed the email address KFButton69@gmail.com to save anyone who heard the wrong address (should have been buttons) was the last person who got a Raptor Princess.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Tree Dude posted:

I think the person who grabbed the email address KFButton69@gmail.com to save anyone who heard the wrong address (should have been buttons) was the last person who got a Raptor Princess.

O yeah, now I remember. So less like that jersey has been floated to the rafters never to be used again, and more like the death penalty in a hard blue state.

Thanks!

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Say what did happen with Owen Shroyer and January the 6th.

Wasn't he looking at being charged? Did anything come of that, or is it still waiting to play out.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Deptfordx posted:

Say what did happen with Owen Shroyer and January the 6th.

Wasn't he looking at being charged? Did anything come of that, or is it still waiting to play out.

https://apnews.com/article/capitol-siege-electoral-college-b906c0bcfea44a81fe15b3c2d7481689

He got hit with misdemeanor charges for the day of and then some stuff for not doing his community service

Norm is representing him and they failed to dismiss

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/20/media/infowars-owen-shroyer/index.html

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Dec 19, 2022

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Xiahou Dun posted:

Raptor Princesses are awards for service for the podcast and the community and cannot be purchased.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I get this random envelope from KF HQ and I am perplexed until I feel the contents inside. Today is a beautiful day!

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Has anyone made a comprehensive list of types of pin that went out? I've seen squatch, sneaky snake, and little breaky a few times but I feel like there must be more.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Does the latest episode not work for anyone else?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Firstscion posted:

Does the latest episode not work for anyone else?

Meeeeeeeee. It worked for a bit then I came back like an hour later and my app won't play it. It has been working for me on their website. I should probably just download the file from there that would make it easier.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Dec 19, 2022

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

I couldn't get it to work in PocketCasts or off their website, but for some reason it worked fine in Spotify and Google Podcasts. No idea what's up with that.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Everett False posted:

Has anyone made a comprehensive list of types of pin that went out? I've seen squatch, sneaky snake, and little breaky a few times but I feel like there must be more.

There's the squatch button everyone gets, sneaky snake, little breaky, cool-guy bachelor squatch, cartoon alex standing on a cliff saying "I have risen above my enemies," Grape Job

I think that's it other than the super secret button that only went out to two people. I can't remember for sure what the design was but I think it might have been a golden color "what's your bright spot."

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Dan posted there was an error and to re-download it now if you're having issues.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Everett False posted:

I couldn't get it to work in PocketCasts or off their website, but for some reason it worked fine in Spotify and Google Podcasts. No idea what's up with that.

Yeah I use Pocketcasts as well but I could download it from the rss feed and just added it pocketcasts so i guess that'll work

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
What's up with the subtly different theme song?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Cat Puke posted:

What's up with the subtly different theme song?

No idea, but I'm glad it wasn't just me who noticed.

Also, Jordan did a good job with today's interview! Is this his first solo one?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
When Dan isn't there as his foil, Jordan turns into a Weekend NPR show host. The Wednesday sneak-snake should now be a chill interview show called "Mic Down with Jordan Holmes".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Yeah, I was really pleased with Jordan's energy here; he still has the caffeinated zeal, but when he's not having to scream impotently at the latest bit of RWM tomfoolery, it makes for an energetic, pleasant interview style.