Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Postman
May 12, 2007

He probably thinks 10 million people would pay $8 to vote on the poll again. Finally he found a way to make money!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
vox populi (cum pecunia)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I’m not sure doing a Blue-only poll would be a good idea because it’d just show how few of them there are

Of course the funniest outcome would be doing that poll and STILL losing

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It doesn’t even make sense paying 8 bucks doesn’t mean you have skin in the game, everyone who sees those ads contribute more

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
This is bad news for Tesla stock.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My kid is going to have a lot of questions about why she can’t check the stagecoach Twitter anymore

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

The Postman posted:

Yes!!! The poll is invalid! Redo it and charge everyone $8 to vote lmao

“Okay fine Twitter blue users and if your father voted prior to the civil war you may vote”

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

No, no!!!

Dig UP!!!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

how long is it going to take them to implement blue-only polls, they still haven't implemented most of the stuff that was promised for blue 2.0 from the start

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Have a poll for if blue only polls are a good idea

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuughh he's going to redo it with only twitter blue votes isn't he

Ha! This policy will be the end of Twitter. Only Musk simps and far right weirdos who have been previously banned will sign up for the $8/month which means Twitter will rapidly move to cater to those two demographics. The simps will go along with whatever, but the far right crazies will start doxxing and harassing people they don't like which will kill any chance of getting advertisers back. That will just leave the Twitter Blue people which will be several orders of magnitude insufficient to service the $1B/year in debt payments.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I knew he'd go dumb but wow

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

This is the stupidest possible outcome so it will definitely happen.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

This is the stupidest possible outcome so it will definitely happen.

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way
Less than 24 hours after saying all future policy changes would be put to a poll, he's back to searching for random people saying whatever he wanted to do already and implementing it unilaterally. His brain is broken.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Leon Sumbitches posted:

No, no!!!

Dig UP!!!

What

Why

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
At least we get to make fun of him again after next poll only has a handful of voters

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Public square is back baby

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

E the Shaggy posted:

Grimes and Musk make a lot more sense when you think about how they both look up to Griffith from Berserk:

HE'S JUST SO KAWAII WHEN HE RAPES PEOPLE!!

UUUGGUUU

Yeah starting to understand her

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

lol he's gonna redo the poll

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Elon is sounding very much like Chris Roberts circa 2013. Star Citizen is still around so I'm sure Twitter is safe. Just gotta sell more JPEGs.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

lol he's gonna redo the poll

If he does limitting it to Twitter Blue users, it will be hilarious when only a couple of thosand people vote on it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

confused posted:

If he does limitting it to Twitter Blue users, it will be hilarious when only a couple of thosand people vote on it.

Doubly so if he still loses the rigged poll too.

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice
Imagine seeing that World Cup photo of a broken Elon standing next to Kushner and a gaggle of Saudis and thinking that $8 gives you "skin in the game"

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
And we all thought he had a plan in place to step down to save what remains of the Twitter stock value…

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

:rubby:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Nothing says "strong leader" quite as much as "that thing I said I'd stand by, publically, for all to see? I won't though".

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Poll (BLUE ONLY): Should all users that do not subscribe to Blue be suspended?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Musk runs the twitter Blue only poll and discovers fewer than 10,000 idiots paid for their checkmark. And suddenly the entire world sees how pathetic Blue is.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Will he realize a paid blue check only poll will reveal how few blue checks there are? Will he change the poll to simply show percentages but not vote totals? Will he make all polls on twitter conform to these new rules?

Find out next time on Elon Ball Z....

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao he's such a little sneaky dork

Like holy poo poo what a slimy hunk of rancid cheese

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I feel like Musk's way to try and monetize Twitter is a bit like how Cartman tried to have his own amusement park. Slowly but surely, just by the way things in the real world works, he has to shape Twitter back to its former functioning state, in spite of his wishes to make it his plaything.

I mean it's that or completely burning it to the ground which I guess is more likely at this point lol

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Please proceed governor

No one is getting Twitter blue dumbfuck

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

BigglesSWE posted:

Nothing says "strong leader" quite as much as "that thing I said I'd stand by, publically, for all to see? I won't though".

In a way though, this is peak Elon.

Too stupid to think of ideas on his own, he retreats from the public eye until a sycophant comes up with an idea he likes so he can steal it and move the goalposts

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Okay, I never thought of him as a super genius 17D chess player, but I simply can't fathom the fact that he posted that poll without being 420% prepared to handle what to do during any result. I mean, what the gently caress, I would have staked big money on the "yes" being what he wanted all along as his idea of a tricky move, but the fact that he's apparently been caught completely flat-footed after the "yes" result is insane

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

ccubed posted:

Will he realize a paid blue check only poll will reveal how few blue checks there are? Will he change the poll to simply show percentages but not vote totals? Will he make all polls on twitter conform to these new rules?

That’s the beauty of it. No matter what he does, he’ll never exit the self own zone.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ccubed posted:

It’s very simple, without blue you won’t be able to see results, so he can make up any old poo poo about the polls and ban anyone who corrects him.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Vox blue vox me

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
lmao at the people who thought he wanted to bail out and posted the poll to pretend he was stepping down gracefully

the dude was never going to abide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

jeffreyw posted:

That’s the beauty of it. No matter what he does, he’ll never exit the self own zone.

Like Mephistopheles, he is always in hell, because he takes his hell with him wherever he goes.