Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

lmao at the people who thought he wanted to bail out and posted the poll to pretend he was stepping down gracefully

the dude was never going to abide

If there's anything we should have learned by now it's that Elon is never thinking more than one step ahead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sentient Data posted:

Okay, I never thought of him as a super genius 17D chess player, but I simply can't fathom the fact that he posted that poll without being 420% prepared to handle what to do during any result. I mean, what the gently caress, I would have staked big money on the "yes" being what he wanted all along as his idea of a tricky move, but the fact that he's apparently been caught completely flat-footed after the "yes" result is insane

However dumb you think he is, he is absolutely dumber.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The best thing? There were undoubtedly bots on that poll, he probably filtered them all out and he still lost.

That's why it took so long for him to latch onto "Maybe you need to redo the poll with Blues only"

Cause he's a dumb fuckwit

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Can someone photoshop melon's fat face onto the yamcha crater pic with twitter blue as the symbol on his back?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Post media that slobs Musks knob for what a genius he is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bgMCNXzNtE

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
He'll re-run it with Blue-only and then when his option wins he'll say "Looks like it was mostly bots" completely ignoring the concept of selection bias.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

He has an idea for an electric jet (He saw one at a toy store)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfiRd4Y5z_g&t=32s

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
And here it is y'all. The deflection
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1604985324505030658?t=sWOjJ_kawbiCxJKr9THrCg&s=19

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

If he wanted Parler he should have just bought it instead. we don't need two parlers

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What’s funny is this was a 5D chess move by Musk.

He was trying the threaten to leave to get people in line trick that many kings have used.

The trick is they usually were at least liked

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Coward but also :lmao:

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Vote blue, no matter who

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Infinitum posted:

To be fair to Discovery, that clip was from a time when 90% of the world only knew Elon Musk as "the SpaceX and Tesla guy who's going to build a mansion on Mars and just launched his car into the sun on a rocket." The great awakening to what a loser shithead he was came about a year later.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Twitter Blue isn't even available worldwide lol

quote:

The new Twitter Blue is currently available for purchase on web for $8/month or in-app on iOS for $11/month (or your local pricing) in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK, with plans to expand.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Steadiman posted:

Vote blue, no matter who

sure is free and honest voting when you have to pay to participate in voting

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The Postman posted:

I'm sure Musk is perfectly comfortable with the idea of only a small subset of the population having any rights.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Lord Stimperor posted:

I had similar news about my father a couple of weeks ago. Since then a bunch of scams have imploded and assholes are eating poo poo. It's petty and cynical but it gives me some comfort that there is at least some form of justice, somewhere.

Hope you can keep your spirits up. (hugs)

High-five fellow Goon-in-Sadness, I hope you are looking after yourself. Remember to stay hydrated and fed. It rips yer soul out doesn't it :sadwave:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GreenBuckanneer posted:

sure is free and honest voting when you have to pay to participate in voting

SERVICE GUARANTEES CITIZENSHIP!

WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Actually real life Skinner "am I so out of touch" meme. Incredible.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
I hope he pulls a Franklin B. Gowen and steps down, assuming he can control his self groomed predecessor, only for find out he can't, so he goes to Washington DC, rents a hotel room, and [for more information, please look up Franklin Gowen at your local library/Wikipedia article]

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Man, imagine how pissed the Saudis must be, to have flown him all the way to Qatar, told him to get his poo poo together with Twitter, and then this is the result

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

The Postman posted:

Lol I hope when this is over and he stays on as CEO, everybody remembers to frame this as "After the losing the first poll, Elon-- from apartheid South Africa-- redid the poll with only predominantly white countries allowed to vote."

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Wouldn't all the legacy blue checkmarks outvote the paid ones? He's going to lose the checkmark-only vote too.

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

This is the stupidest possible outcome so it will definitely happen.

Elon’s Razor

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
This is the town square, democratised Twitter, where free speech isn't overruled by unappointed blue check celebrities, but where votes are bought by people living in rich English speaking countries, and where the questions are determined by the former richest man on earth, and the timing is by his convenience

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
He should just move straight to the point at which nobody without blue is allowed to like or reply.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The X-man cometh posted:

Wouldn't all the legacy blue checkmarks outvote the paid ones? He's going to lose the checkmark-only vote too.

Twitter Blue means only the "This MFer paid for Twitter" crowd gets to vote. Legacy checkmarks are excluded.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Underwhelmed posted:

He should just move straight to the point at which nobody without blue is allowed to like or reply.

Interesting

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Man, imagine how pissed the Saudis must be, to have flown him all the way to Qatar, told him to get his poo poo together with Twitter, and then this is the result

Maybe he's trying to get the Saudi's to kill him as one last way to save face.

Big Butt Skinner
Apr 16, 2005

Blueprints of the dummy...
Notarized photos of you making the dummy...
And an alternate wording for the banner: "Buttzilla."
What a loving goober, this dude deserves infinite swirlies

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Looking forward to seeing the Quartering say how genius Elmo is after saying that him leaving Twitter would be worse than 9/11.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
wait is this poll tax

is he trying to impliment an actual poll tax

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

So initially, he wanted to get rid of checkmarks because he didn’t want multiple classes on Twitter.

And now he wants to make it so the blue checkmarks get to have actual policy power, more than they ever had.

What a loving moron. Unbelievable that there are people dumb enough to still believe in him at this point.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Whatever staff is left probably had a relatively normal day with him stuck on a plane all day... Until he Logged On and decided Unfilteredboss1 is onto something.

He's probably demanding everyone report to the office for some hardcore coding to create Blue Only polls as we speak.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens
This is literally the most Elon solution to this, full class segregation is his comfort zone, I’m absolutely thrilled because it will 100% backfire again for so many reasons. Whatever happens will be funny so let’s get Musked up!

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
every time elon opens his mouth it's like this with twitter stock lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd_zs8AwoTQ

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BigglesSWE posted:

I feel like Musk's way to try and monetize Twitter is a bit like how Cartman tried to have his own amusement park. Slowly but surely, just by the way things in the real world works, he has to shape Twitter back to its former functioning state, in spite of his wishes to make it his plaything.

I mean it's that or completely burning it to the ground which I guess is more likely at this point lol

Thanks for reminding me of this. It's just such a good illustration of this exact phenomenon that seems people need to be reminded of more and more as they continually reinvent centuries-old well-understood systems but with no rules this time.

South Park has tons of monumentally lovely takes but the ones it got right, it got really right. And they make excellent case studies to throw at libertarian/rightwing shitheads who imagine themselves to be Cartman (and think he's the good guy)

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
2 days prior to the new poll, Elon gifts a free month of Twitter Blue to all accounts that voted No on the first one

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Infinitum posted:

He has an idea for an electric jet (He saw one at a toy store)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfiRd4Y5z_g&t=32s

In his mind, he still thinks everyone on the planet thinks he is Cool Guy Musk, this guy!

I think the balance started to tip with the whole Cave Diving Rescue business. The way he handled that embarrassing affair really began, for me anyway, to show that perhaps he was actually a massive douchebag and not some Christ-like saviour. Nothing he has done since then has changed my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

Gros Tarla posted:

So initially, he wanted to get rid of checkmarks because he didn’t want multiple classes on Twitter.

And now he wants to make it so the blue checkmarks get to have actual policy power, more than they ever had.

What a loving moron. Unbelievable that there are people dumb enough to still believe in him at this point.

Only paid blue check marks. Important distinction and it’ll make it funnier because only a few thousand people have actually bought that. So the poll will go from millions to thousands! It’s great