Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

who is responsible for the nuggets being 18-11? who has generated those wins on the nuggets?

luck. it will correct over time. you can see it in their pythag which I posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

regardless of Denver’s western conference record, they are very very very far from a good team. like not even close

as I’ve always said if Denver is content with somewhat competitive regular seasons and having no shot ever winning a nba championship , jokic is fine

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They nuggets are basically the Mountain Kings at this point. Kings have a better future I guess.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I haven’t down a mvp ranking so far because everyone seems to agree it should be Giannis or tatums. there is some down ballot ideological traumas but I’ve decided to ignore it 🙏

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Mountain Kings and Mountain Kurds

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
dang whenever this fat serbian dude shoots the ball it goes in. must be luck

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

kingcobweb posted:

let's check on how Bucket Stopper rudy gobert's new team is doing

While Rudy's block numbers are inexplicably low, but it's hard for me to watch a Wolves game and put anything more than a tiny sliver of blame on him. He's basically been as advertised, the rest of the team around him has been playing way down from expectations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

modern anayltics: lets ignore 90% of value to say a guy is good.

The same people who think Tesla is a good car company.

Nikola Jokic is the Tesla FSD of basketball.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

modern anayltics: lets ignore 90% of value to say a guy is good.

The same people who think Tesla is a good car company.

Nikola Jokic is the Tesla FSD of basketball.

you're like if elon musk got dumped for jokic instead of chelsea manning

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

he’s aging rapidly at 27 years old

his career arc is out of the league by 30 ( he’s already close) if he insists on playing center (or whatever it is that he’s doing now)

Lmfao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I'm ready to throw down money on Jokic playing in the NBA into a more advanced age than Embiid

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Joel Embiid will be in a wheelchair by 30

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'm about to go to sleep but when i wake up I'm expecting to see another 50pt game from the best center in the NBA tonight

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

those arent fantasy stats. no fantasy league in the world or box score in the world has season drating in it

that is the most important stat for a starting center however. it is basically his stat. if it is bad, he is bad. period. full stop.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jokicni01/on-off/2023

When Jokic is on the court opponents score 114.4 points per 100

When Jokic is off the court opponents score 119.5 points per 100

Thanks for pointing me to defensive rating stats euphy you helped clarify things for me!

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Magic are 6-0 in Fultz starts after starting 5-20 and they won two consecutive road games against the Celtics. Fultz already has 4 assists with 5 minutes left in the first quarter!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

One of my hot takes at the start of this season was that the Raptors were wildly overrated. It's nice to get at least one correct.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/nuggets/status/1360623517381763074

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

You might have jinxed it. Siakam is having one of his best games of the year

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

oh god overtime

the worst

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

no. the ability to stop buckets is harder and rarer (league is designed for people to score). stopping one bucket is 2 to 3 times more valuable than scoring one bucket in terms of making a Good Team . it is therefor the most important thing.

for centers it’s even more lopsided. stopping buckets is 90% of what a center is supposed to do. the way the game is designed, a center has incredible influence on defense and what the other teams does on offense. a center that does not stop buckets is not a center and not valuable. it’s just how the game works ok. it’s not even a controversial take. before the league decided to invested marketing equity into jokic no one thought players like him were good. they still don’t as long as his name isn’t jokic. why doesn’t Sabonis get mvp talk ? he’s the same player as jokics.

if scoring was in any way hard in 2022 nba then yes maybe you’d have a point.

Just get a bunch of 6'6-6'9 top level defenders and roll out a scrub at center like the 90s bulls

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

76ers need to fire Doc and hire D'Antoni to get the offense moving

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

mastershakeman posted:

Just get a bunch of 6'6-6'9 top level defenders and roll out a scrub at center like the 90s bulls

Early 2010s Heat as well

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Yossarian-22 posted:

Early 2010s Heat as well

Exactly. It's easy to replicate. No need to focus on a traditional center. Heck, golden state won their first title by benching David Lee

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

that was long ago but Rodman for one was an elite big defender

maybe that was 100000 years ago

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Harden deserves a F for leaving the rockets. He's also a thin blue line punisher type of guy.

Harden reportedly had no idea what the punisher mask meant and thought it looked cool. His teammate reported that he doesn't use the internet

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

sixers win

now I can watch the game :)

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Congrats on 5 in a row euphy.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah I’m watching more games lately with all these wins

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Why are you replying to a post of mine from a year ago?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

drat

15.3 is a lot

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

melton is way better for the starting lineup than maxey

I’d make maxey the 6th man for sure

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

euphronius posted:

I don’t think you all realize how dire this is

he’s worse than teams that are tanking !! he’s worse then teams that are literally bad on purpose !! it should be the story of the nba but I understand nba media is not serious

why are you comparing one guy to whole teams

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Toronto fouls so much it’s really incredible

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

The most criminal contract is Bradley Beal being on 5 years $250M for a team that should be tanking

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

imagine if Washington played Beal at center

that’s what you have in Denver

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

fart simpson posted:

why are you comparing one guy to whole teams

I reread my posts they are clear

I don’t know what you are confused about

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
did dame try to pass to the ref

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

harden and embiid are totally vibing together

smiling, butt slapping, joking . :)

it’s so nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

imagine if Washington played Beal at center

that’s what you have in Denver

Imagine a guy with guard skills at center. Horrible!