Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Captain Hygiene posted:

I swear, Elon looks like a completely different person in every photo of him lately. Saddam Hussein's body doubles looked more like each other than Elon looks like himself.

He's balding so much that even his hair plugs are balding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Renreeja posted:

I tend to see body shaming of guys like musk and trump as a boomerish, outdated thing. Like something older, kinda overweight libs would do.

he's fat

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Then we shouldn't call him stupid either, there are plenty of people with below average intelligence who are perfectly wonderful people and it's wrong to use remarks that resemble them.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Renreeja posted:

I tend to see body shaming of guys like musk and trump as a boomerish, outdated thing. Like something older, kinda overweight libs would do.

they're billionaires, they're surely not bothered by it. What we say bounces off of them.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

I'm generally against body-shaming but there is some irony to a dude who's obviously super self-conscious about his appearance and has infinite money for drugs and surgery and trainers and yet just can't seem to get it together

EDIT: Even better when the reason is he's so busy being divorced and running his companies into the ground

Tippecanoe fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Dec 20, 2022

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Calling him musky is an insult to people who smell bad

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Armitage posted:

they're billionaires, they're surely not bothered by it. What we say bounces off of them.

Especially if they're fat

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm not inclined to clamp down on making fun of Elmo's pictures because the fucker's vanity is one of the larger of his many, many flaws, and it probably bothers him thinking people are making fun of him.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
I wanted to see if he'd tweeted earlier so googled his name and clicked on the twitter link that came up... ended up with this:

Interesting....

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i mean its one of the few things goons 100% agree on so its gets a bit boring to keep posting it.

Also the best joke was made when the pic was new and it was something like him being more pale and lumpy than the famously pale and lumpy aegean cliffs.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Renreeja posted:

Shut up buttergut

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
also is there a source of his mars teraform banner pic?

having such a large super continent probably wouldnt be that green, but whatever im not an ironrickman.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

I swear, Elon looks like a completely different person in every photo of him lately. Saddam Hussein's body doubles looked more like each other than Elon looks like himself.

that's because some of them are photoshops :ssh:

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2lXf9r5DSM

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

Why is Elon replying to the FTX shilling Pedo Island visitor?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Don't shame Musk for his body. Shame him for his gross looking mouth. Imagine trying to make out with that thing.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

grittyreboot posted:

Don't shame Musk for his body. Shame him for his gross looking mouth. Imagine trying to make out with that thing.

No.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Butterwagon posted:

They are texting buddies too

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Looking good takes effort, and effort is work, which is for the poors, therefore no he does not look good and will only look good in photoshopped PR photos.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
New reality show idea: Celebrity Fat Camp

We could see if musk wants to invite his ol 'friend Trump and they can go head to head like the biggest loser.

Hell let's just do the biggest loser but about reputation.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Butterwagon posted:

Like musk hasn’t visited pedo island?

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
Nothing is off limits when making fun of billionaires, body shaming is the least we can do.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

grittyreboot posted:

No , don't think I will

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'd really like to see a wordfilter convert "woke" to "non-bigot" - it's become painfully clear that's what it means to the fuckwits who use the term as a pejorative. They are just so drat mad they aren't allowed to be racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic shitstains, or at least aren't allowed to without facing consequences.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

it's just kinda weird to photoshop an image to make him look fatter than he is as an own, when you can own him for so many other things

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Soggy Muffin posted:

Nothing is off limits when making fun of billionaires, body shaming is the least we can do.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's bad and wrong to bodyshame people.

But billionaires aren't people.

The Strangest Finch
Nov 23, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

it's just kinda weird to photoshop an image to make him look fatter than he is as an own, when you can own him for so many other things

Yeah, but its not like people aren't also mocking him for being a mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, planet-killing, evolutionary throwback who is admittedly very funny in an entirely non-intentional sort of way.

Also he's puffy and unwell looking.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Under most circumstances (99%) yes body shaming is bad and it will be punished

Elon Musk has repeatedly denigrated trans people and courted the alt right. He can eat poo poo for all I care. It's in the same vein to me as saying "guillotine the rich". Go hog wild on him imo

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Is this pasty motherfucker going to tweet anything substantive about getting blown out in that poll? It's been like a day, the amphetamines wear off or some poo poo?

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

the best insults towards musk or trump are the ones highlighting them losing, calling them a little bitch after a public loss is like bombing the blinking lights when a starfox boss opens up its shell

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
body shaman

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

PhazonLink posted:

also is there a source of his mars teraform banner pic?

having such a large super continent probably wouldnt be that green, but whatever im not an ironrickman.
I think it's from a Mars Society publication. I know there's a similar image used in The Mars Underground movie which I think was produced by them (link should be time-stamped but if not it's at 1:09:47).

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

POLL: Should Grimes date me again?

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

elon musk and bodyshaming: two bad things that actually go great together

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Elviscat posted:

Is this pasty motherfucker going to tweet anything substantive about getting blown out in that poll? It's been like a day, the amphetamines wear off or some poo poo?

No. He has clearly been given marching orders to tone down his bullshit. No idea how long it’ll stick

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

QuarkJets posted:

lol

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Renreeja posted:

It's really okay to body shame a billionaire, don't even worry about it

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

QuarkJets posted:

only double diamond tier verified users are allowed to vote in this poll. bots will not get in the way of my love again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Oh my god I gotta be that bitch huh: the issue with body-shaming has nothing to do with whether Elon deserves it, the problem is that he's not gonna hear you saying those things about him but the fat people in your immediate vicinity will, and you're hurting them more than you're hurting him, creating a dehumanizing environment for people you're ostensibly allied with and never actually affecting the target.