Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Offler posted:

Help me wade through the "logic" Elon would have to follow to be able to laugh at that Babylon Bee post.

people who think elon is doing a bad job are criminally insane and resent him for showing the world that they are, also elon musk is a cool rich tech genius hero like batman

All conservative "jokes" are just demeaning whatever Other they're mad at that moment.

There's no actual humor or logic or internal consistency, you're looking in the wrong place, that's NPC poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
Maybe it's as funny for him to hear people say batman as it is for us to hear betmen

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Thinking about musk trying to actually say technically.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

learnincurve posted:

If you think young trans kids are not mocking the ever living gently caress out of the Musk marshmallow man pictures then I got some news for you about how bitchy the unofficial mermaids discord can be.

It’s all playing video games while watching documentaries about crypto and other financial scams, because oddly enough British trans youth actively avoid any platforms where their existence is up for discussion.

I'm not going to suggest the patrons of SA have as much crap to deal with as transpeople growing up, but our weird blend of hatred for fash and a lot of neurodiverse people here probably matches that bitch humour and I hope makes then feel at home here,

learnincurve posted:

Thinking about musk trying to actually say technically.

"teeiknic elly"

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
He was never going to step down. He didn't have a plan in mind and he's not ready to walk away. He just didn't think he could lose. He wanted affirmation. He really needed a hug and a "you're doing great, champ".

The result of that poll won't influence what he does and, I think, we always knew that. But it still really hurt him and and that's so goddamn funny.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

people who think elon is doing a bad job are criminally insane and resent him for showing the world that they are, also elon musk is a cool rich tech genius hero like batman

All conservative "jokes" are just demeaning whatever Other they're mad at that moment.

There's no actual humor or logic or internal consistency, you're looking in the wrong place, that's NPC poo poo.
I've never seen or heard a single piece of conservative humor that wasn't punching down.

The only things that varied were how hard and who the target was

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

edit : forget it, don't drink and post

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Dec 20, 2022

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Interesting

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

🤣🤣🤣

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I legit thought the poll was his way of giving himself an out, just say "oh well the people have spoken" and walk away leaving any one of the 7.837 billion or so people on the planet more competent than he is in charge of it.

But his reaction since the poll closed shows that is clearly not the case. He thought it was a safe bet, that he'd romp it in and be able to claim some legitimacy from it. But it turns out his platform hates him, people boo and jeer him at public events, the share price that inflates his networth is tanking, it's all turning to poo poo for him. All he can do is like posts from random chuds, be a loser reply guy and it's loving great.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

he looks like a more realistic version of the coked up deal cutter dude from die hard, might go out the same way too,

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm not fond of that photoshop

Because the actual photograph shows how absolutely strung out he is and the rapid weight loss associated with a months long coke bender

Cumdog Millionaire
Jul 21, 2022

Whoever told you not to kink shame had a shameful kink.

MikeJF posted:

Musk'll appoint someone else as CEO, there'll be a flush of money from Kushner and friends to keep it afloat, everyone will go back to using it as normal except now there'll be a much more extreme right wing bent to the moderation and promotion of topics but people will pretend that's not the case. General global attitudes and narrative will still be disproportionately steered by Twitter due to it being treated as such a major source by news networks and everything will be shifted right even further than they were in the past and that'll just be how things are, because it just needs to be slightly less overt than what Musk was doing for it to generally fly under the radar.

I dunno, twitter is basically worthless as a trade mark now and Musk is only helping accelerate that. I think that twitter is going to crash and burn.
Call me optimistic.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he looks like a more realistic version of the coked up deal cutter dude from die hard, might go out the same way too,

If twitter HQ does a die hard it will be the lamest die hard. Honestly I can imagine a lot of the twitter employees just siding with any terrorist/thieves, just as they'd be far more humane employers and just generally people.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Which comes first

Twitter physically not being able run , code rot/technical issues

Or

Twitter's value completely irreparably ruined

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
twitter has been a moldering shitpile since trump was allowed on there

its just a shitpost dumping ground and nothing more

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
Bruce Wayne would never reveal himself to be Batman especially to the Arkham inmates, meaning this metaphorical Batman is already an idiot king.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Cumdog Millionaire posted:

I dunno, twitter is basically worthless as a trade mark now and Musk is only helping accelerate that. I think that twitter is going to crash and burn.
Call me optimistic.

Someone will buy it when Musk runs it into the ground.

It'll be a shadow of what it used to be and will never regain that tech-stock endless growth hype but can probably be made to run at a small profit if they maintain it as-is rather than spending vast sums on various boondoggles to satiate tech investors.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Why aren't people just replying to Musk with the final results of that poll 24/7?

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Honestly him just not really acknowledging the poll apart from in replies with people telling him it was totally rigged man, it's pretty funny

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

It's a satirical piece from 2019.

EDIT: Beaten like Starship was by the SLS.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Dec 20, 2022

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Hey guys, can we make fun of him for his ideas and not for being divorced? You don’t know what it’s like for those of us who have been tyrannized by Family Court

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

As somebody who has had bad ideas in the past I'd rather we not make fun of him for that, either. Thank you.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Hey guys, can we make fun of him for his ideas and not for being divorced? You don’t know what it’s like for those of us who have been tyrannized by Family Court

he may have bought twitter solely to read his ex's dms

edit: divorce and divorcees are normal. elon musk is not

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The dude really looks like a guy you make in a video game character creator when you just randomly mess with the sliders

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Interesting how the poll on the website he is in charge of was rigged.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Harald posted:

Interesting

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I find it funny that a day later we don’t actually know the status of Twitters CEO

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Caesar Saladin posted:

The dude really looks like a guy you make in a video game character creator when you just randomly mess with the sliders

Smashing the "similar face" button relentlessly

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

gay picnic defence posted:

Someone will buy it when Musk runs it into the ground.

It'll be a shadow of what it used to be and will never regain that tech-stock endless growth hype but can probably be made to run at a small profit if they maintain it as-is rather than spending vast sums on various boondoggles to satiate tech investors.
How does that work with the mega-loan and the billion in yearly loan interest that's apparently tied to Twitter, not Musk? Clearly Twitter is not going to make a billion a year so simplistically it just seems like a dead company walking and nobody would possibly want to buy that, but I don't know how this works and I'm guessing there might be some financial trickery that would be done.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

I find it funny that a day later we don’t actually know the status of Twitters CEO

Corncob Experience Occupier

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

that picture of him his nose is very red, like when Leslie Nelson got that lionfish stuck to his nose in Vincent Ludwig's office

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Oh good, it wasn't a dream. Elon actually lost his poll and waited almost 24 hours before deciding on a poll tax because Kimdotcom and some blue check said to.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Mindless posted:

Bruce Wayne would never reveal himself to be Batman especially to the Arkham inmates, meaning this metaphorical Batman is already an idiot king.

To be fair, I think just about every villain has 100% figured out he's Batman and just 'forgot' or never leveraged it well enough. Catwoman, Joker, Riddler, Harley Quinn, Ra's, Hush, Bane, Lex Luthor.

I'm sorry, that's not accurate, though: Harley and Catwoman aren't villains anymore.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I've been divorced as well, both from wife and reality, so Imma continue to mock musk based on everything, including being divorced so hard from someone he never married.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

CharlestheHammer posted:

Isolated, increasingly.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Isolated, increasingly.

Elon: Isolation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

CharlestheHammer posted:

Elon is trying to find somebody worse than him at running a website to receive the CEO title as an ironic punishment of the wokes, but so far his search has been for nought,, even after interviewing Mike Lindell (the launch of frank.com was deemed far too competent by Mr Musk)